Booking future cruise on-board ?

TucsonRick

What are the benefits of booking a future cruise while on the ship?

Rick

Smaller than normal deposit ($100 per person) and cash credit for onboard purchases (amount depends on length of booked cruise). The $100 is totally refunadable during the 4 year period.

You get an additional shipboard credit which will vary depending on the cabin you ultimately book. Plus you get to book the cruise for a lower up-front deposit (your $100). You can still use your TA and still get all credits and lower deposit amounts. Plus, if by some chance you dont use your deposit within 4 years, you get your money back. Its a no-lose situation.

I have a cruise booked now that only required a $100 deposit. Was that not supposed to happen? It is a group cruise, if that makes a difference.

If you booked through a TA who offered the $100.00 deposit, you're fine. Group cruises often have a lower deposit.

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't book a future cruise on board. That's one of the first things we do after we board....drop things off in room, Get a Pina Collada, book next cruise!

I agree (but I'll have a Margarita, please). If you want to book a FCC go to the FCC desk early in your cruise (there will a line later). When we did this the FCC guy was amazed that we knew what we were doing and that he didn't have to "sell" us :eek: ! It took less than five minutes to book an "open cruise" and the FCC was automatically transferred to our TA. We got the lower deposit and an OBC.

If you're sure you want to cruise with Princess again (and who wouldn't be:confused: ?) this is a wonderful option.

We'll be doing this again in October.

Tried to post this a minute ago but it went poof.

Some people don't realize that booking a specific cruises while onboard usually does not have any great price attached to it.

One would think that Princess would offer specials to book onboard, I know..... they don't need/have too. :rolleyes:

If you want to book a FCC go to the FCC desk early in your cruise (there will a line later).

We just go by the FCC office in the evening when it is closed and pick up a form (they are always in a rack outside the door) fill out the info and drop into the box. Takes all of 5 minutes and you don't have to wait or talk to anyone. Several times they have put them in everyone's mailbox outside the cabin door.

Mike:)

We just go by the FCC office in the evening when it is closed and pick up a form (they are always in a rack outside the door) fill out the info and drop into the box. Takes all of 5 minutes and you don't have to wait or talk to anyone. Several times they have put them in everyone's mailbox outside the cabin door.

Mike:)

Me too. :)

We have FCC's and are planning an Alaska CruiseTour for 2008. What OBC amount will we get per person for a 6 day Land Tour followed by a 7 day cruise in a Balcony cabin? We're hoping that this would count as if it were a 13 day cruise, since it's all from Princess.

Oledave

WOW, some people actually go to drop things off at their room first! I guess that is an option I never thought of!!!:p

I can attest that going to the future cruise desk is one of our early priorities, too. We usually get a few fcc's for open ended cruises and then put them toward some type of deal we might find. One year we found two great cruises and having the fcc's in hand allowed us to book both of them with the req'd $100.00. I have even started getting them for my kids and I am using them on our 2008 Alaska cruise. That means we are getting approximately $300.00 in obc!

I personally have found this program to be of a great benefit for us.

We have FCC's and are planning an Alaska CruiseTour for 2008. What OBC amount will we get per person for a 6 day Land Tour followed by a 7 day cruise in a Balcony cabin? We're hoping that this would count as if it were a 13 day cruise, since it's all from Princess.

Oledave

Unfortunately this will only count as a 7 day cruise. Princess doesn't give credit for land tour days, not even toward achieving the next Captains Circle level.

So you pay a deposit of $100 pp without even knowing where and when you want to go on your next cruise? Then when you do book a cruise, does the deposit you've already made just become that cruise's deposit (the $100pp)? And do I understand correctly that you get some kind of on board credit from Princess?

If this is all true, what's the catch?

So you pay a deposit of $100 pp without even knowing where and when you want to go on your next cruise? Then when you do book a cruise, does the deposit you've already made just become that cruise's deposit (the $100pp)? And do I understand correctly that you get some kind of on board credit from Princess?

You got it. There is no catch, thats why it's a no-brainer. Yes you get on board credit to boot. I believe its still $25/pp for an inside and $50/pp for an outside. Plus, you do not have to book through Princess. You can still find the best deal you can find from a T/A. After all that, if you do not take a cruise within 4 years you still get your money back.

FYI Packman, the cruise we are taking in August had a deposit put down this way from our last cruise in 2005, we did not know when/where we would be sailing at the time of deposit. Also, you can get share the wealth coupons (just ask) at the time of deposit which will allow you to extend the same benefits to anyone else sailing with you on your next cruise.

You got it. There is no catch, thats why it's a no-brainer. Yes you get on board credit to boot. I believe its still $25/pp for an inside and $50/pp for an outside. Plus, you do not have to book through Princess. You can still find the best deal you can find from a T/A. After all that, if you do not take a cruise within 4 years you still get your money back.

Do you know if this is the case for all cruise lines or just Princess?

Linda

Archived