Seven Seas Voyager suites

sho

I plan to book on the Seven Seas Voyager, either the Voyager suite or Seven Seas (mid-ship) suite.

I note from the deck plan that the Voyager suite is right next to the communal areas and lifts, while the Seven Seas suite is next to the crews' service stairway. Does anyone know whether there is any noise disturbance in these suites? (e.g. from lifts, people talking in the communal area, cabin stewards walking up and down the stairs and banging the door)

We sailed in a Seven Seas Forward Suite #929 thru the Panama Canal during the 2005 Holidays. It was heaven and there was no noise whatsoever.

It is by far our favorite suite of any we've had on either Regent or Silversea (compared to a Silver Suite on the Silver Whisper).

One of our favorite things is the L-shaped couch which is great for a night in with Room Service and a great DVD.

The space is amazing and really well laid out, and the extra half bath can come in handy, especially if the seas are rough.

In my humble opinion, for the difference in sq. ft -- only 50 sq. ft., and the difference in price (usually $1000s) between the SSForward and the Voyager Suite, I'd suggest the SSF every time and use the extra $$$ you save on shore excursions or the Spa.

Hope this helps, the suite we stay in makes a big difference to us since we like a lot of private time.

We have been in a Voyager suite 4 times and we love them. We were in one on deck 10 this year and they are very quiet. The extra space is a bonus and the 2nd bathroom is wonderful. We had a party this year and there was plenty of room for coctails and yummie snacks

Last summer we were in Penthouse 955 right at the elevator. Never heard a peep from outside the room, HOWEVER, being on the 9th deck right under the pool deck is another issue. DON'T EVER DO IT!!! We were awakened every morning at about 6:30 am whn the crew started sliding the furniture around the pool deck.

This is very bad news for someone whose heart doesn't start beating 'til 11 am. :rolleyes:

Marsha

We splurged on the Voyager suite a few years ago, with a 2/1 cruise. When we went on the British Isles cruise last year, we agreed that we could live very well with the Seven Seas Forward suite. We were very, very happy with the 7 Seas suite! The Voyager Suite was okay, but it had a rather strange layout in some places (like having to enter the closet from the dining area instead of either the bedroom or bathroom). Both of them have the extra half bath, but the Seven Seas Aft doesn't have that feature and is all one big room.

Haven't been in either of those suites, but as a TA, would agree with all the above posts, the Voyager suites do have a strange layout as to the closet location, and the SS aft suites on the Voyager are all one big room, whereas on Mariner they are a totally different layout. I think if I had to pick one of these suites, I would go with the SS forward for all of the above reasons. (Now if they upgraded me to a Voyager suite, I would probably take it:D :D ). We have done the PH suites and love them, the layout as well as the location (if you don't go aft of the laundry room, due to the vibration issue on Voyager) and those are also great, but the bedroom area is not totally seperate, but as opposed to the SS aft suites, the bedroom area can be closed off with the curtains.

Whatever suite you choose, hope you have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
We have done the PH suites and love them, the layout as well as the location (if you don't go aft of the laundry room, due to the vibration issue on Voyager) and those are also great, but the bedroom area is not totally seperate, but as opposed to the SS aft suites, the bedroom area can be closed off with the curtains.

Could anyone elaborate on the "vibration issue"? Is there any Horizon Suite on any deck that is free from this vibration? We were thinking it would be a great place to view the Panama Canal.

We wouldn't have even considered the Voyager until they got rid of smoking in the MAIN DINING ROOM a week or so ago. What took them so darned long???

They say they are probably going to do more in regards to smoking bans, but I don't know how soon that will be.

The other issue of concern is the bedding on the Voyager. Have the beds been upgraded yet? If not, when?

Sleeping well is very important to us!

Didn't have a suite on the Voyager, but the bedding has certainly been updated and upgraded and is very comfortable. My husband slept away much of the cruise on sea days because it was so very comfortable. And he usually snores but didn't on the Voyager!

We were on the June 2 Nice-Dover cruise. I only noticed the smoking in the cigar lounge when I walked right by it. Never saw any in the Compass Rose or other dining areas, and I understand smoking is not allowed in those any more.

If you check the threads here, you will see a current one regarding the vibration issue in the aft parts of the Voyager. A poster was onboard in a C Horizon and said the vibration was very bad. Same would hold true for the SS Aft suites. We stick with the recommendations we've read about and don't book aft of the laundry rooms.

Now if you do the Panama Canal on Mariner, you would not have an issue and the Horizon Suites (they are bigger and different than the same located Horizon suites on Voyager) and SS aft suites would be a fantastic place to be going thru the canal.

If you check the threads here, you will see a current one regarding the vibration issue in the aft parts of the Voyager. A poster was onboard in a C Horizon and said the vibration was very bad. Same would hold true for the SS Aft suites. We stick with the recommendations we've read about and don't book aft of the laundry rooms.

Now if you do the Panama Canal on Mariner, you would not have an issue and the Horizon Suites (they are bigger and different than the same located Horizon suites on Voyager) and SS aft suites would be a fantastic place to be going thru the canal.

Thank you for your comments. The Category C Horizon View Deluxe Suites on the Voyager are much less expensive than the Category HS Horizon Suites on the Mariner. If money were of no issue whatsoever, then I might select what you recommend, if the itinerary were to our liking. We do enjoy rather large balconies if they are available, and the Cat C has a 120-sf balcony viewing aft. (Yes, I am aware that the HS suites have a 268-sf balcony, but the suite is more expensive and it is on a different ship.)

Our other option is the Penthouse B Suites, with their smallish 50 sf. balconies and without a Horizon View; nevertheless, the two we are considering are quite forward of the laundry rooms.

Good sleep is extremely important to us, and it is only during sleeping time that I am very concerned about the vibration. At other times we will be up and about and it won't be so bad, or hopefully not.

I read that the vibration is most difficult during high speeds, so would you say, that certain itineraries, i.e. the Western Caribbean where the ports are extremely close together and low speeds are probably the norm, there might be very little or even NO vibration during visits to those ports?

Is there a difference between decks regarding vibration, i.e. does the vibration diminish as one goes higher up, deckwise?

Didn't have a suite on the Voyager, but the bedding has certainly been updated and upgraded and is very comfortable. My husband slept away much of the cruise on sea days because it was so very comfortable. And he usually snores but didn't on the Voyager!

We were on the June 2 Nice-Dover cruise.

Do you have any photos online—or can you upload a link of anyone else's photos—that show the bedding? I saw some pictures that were obviously "before" shots where the bed looks flat, clearly no plush top or duvet.

I was on the Voyager last week, and the mattresses seemed new. They are quite comfortable, but not a true, thick pillow top. The bedding also appears new and is lovely. Sheets and pillow cases were changed every three or four nights. (On our Silversea cruise, they were changed daily.)

We had one of the standard "suites", really a stateroom with sitting area, on deck seven, forward of the laundry room and elevators. There was some vibration and much more noise than we are accustomed to experiencing on cruise ships. Both my husband and I think it was due to the low deck as we have always been on deck ten on other cruise ships. The noise bothered both of us.

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise.

Stayed in a standard suite on Voyager, see photo of beds.

The suite was mid-ship, level 7, very quiet, with no vibration, though some creaky noise from ceiling and wood panels when the sea was rough.

Beds soft and comfortable, but the pillows were rather too soft.

IMG_0039.jpg.5550582852f75bbea6acdaffb790441d.jpg

We were in 747--no noise at all. Some vibration, but nothing at all annoying. It just felt like we were on a ship. (We have cruised on some very small ships with a lot of vibration/ motion, so this was nothing compared to that.) We slept almost too well. Mattresses are not pillow top, but are very comfortable. The duvets are nice and poofy, just the right thickness. Some others that I have encountered are really too thick and just make you feel hot. These are perfect. The pillows are soft, but you can use two if you want. To me they were perfect.

Archived