What would you give as a surprise gift in cabin?

Loralie

My DH and I and our 2 boys (11 and 9) will be on the Victory for 4 nights in July. We are traveling with my family for a total of 16 people. My DH and I had so many unexpected expenses this year that when they planned the trip we originally told them we could not go. My Dad and his girlfriend felt so bad that everyone in the family was going except us that they offered to lend us the money and told us we could pay it back whenever we wanted, next year or 10 years. The rest of my family told us to take them up on their offer because everyone wanted us to go. It was really nice to have everyone WANT us to be with them, so we accepted.

I want to surprise my Dad and his girlfriend with something in their room for when they arrive as a special thank you. Has anyone used this service and what did you order? What do you think would be a good idea for this situation?

Thanks,

Loralie

My DH and I and our 2 boys (11 and 9) will be on the Victory for 4 nights in July. We are traveling with my family for a total of 16 people. My DH and I had so many unexpected expenses this year that when they planned the trip we originally told them we could not go. My Dad and his girlfriend felt so bad that everyone in the family was going except us that they offered to lend us the money and told us we could pay it back whenever we wanted, next year or 10 years. The rest of my family told us to take them up on their offer because everyone wanted us to go. It was really nice to have everyone WANT us to be with them, so we accepted.

I want to surprise my Dad and his girlfriend with something in their room for when they arrive as a special thank you. Has anyone used this service and what did you order? What do you think would be a good idea for this situation?

Thanks,

Loralie

Why not go to Carnivals website http://www.carnival.com and look in the gift link.... lottsa nice items to consider.....so thoughtful of you : ) Have a GREAT CRUISE !

Thanks for your reply,

I did look at the gifts section on the website but I wanted to know what everyone else thought. I want to know If anyone used this service and what you ordered and if you thought it was nice and worth the price?

Loralie

I've done the Bon Voyage and Happy Anniversary decorations before. If I add anything else I try to think what the person I'm wanting to give to would like the most or would enjoy the most or could use the most. We've given the photo coupons before...as most everyone buys at least one photo. Same with the drink coupons. The Chocolate ship is really good if they are both Chocolate lovers. We can't see the benefit of a fruit basket because they have so much fruit on the Lido deck - for free.

The drink or photo coupons work as a great gift as they get to pick what they want to use the coupon on. We have gotten champagne a couple times and we don't drink that. It went to waste.

HMM since its your dad I don't recommend naked with a bow. :D LOL!!! Just kidding!!

What are some things your Dad likes? I could suggest things like maybe his fav cigar, or a bottle of something he enjoys to drink, but not knowing his personal tastes its hard to say.

I also have to admit I am still awaiting my 1st cuise in oct so I am not sure what the boats offer.

I have used the gifts department every cruise we've gone on, usually something for my DH and DD. Last cruise I sent my DH a sports bag that was full of stuff and my DH a platter of chocolate covered strawberries and candies! They both loved the gifts! This year my husband wants to send me something and I have suggested a nice bouquet of flowers for the room!

As far as was it worth it.....yes, I think so. Just to see the looks on their faces when they see what I sent them this time (in the past I have done photo coupons and drink coupons, t-shirts, etc.) I don't know if I will send anything to them this cruise.....its my turn to recieve the gifts:eek:

Thanks for your reply,

I did look at the gifts section on the website but I wanted to know what everyone else thought. I want to know If anyone used this service and what you ordered and if you thought it was nice and worth the price?

Loralie

i've only used it 3x. once i got my mother's stateroom decorated for her Bday, complete w/ cake; another time i got the bucket of bud; another bucket of corona. soft side cooler is handy for shore excursions.

Fathers_gift_825.jpgFathers_gift_823.jpg

Could be flowers, wine, a favorite chocolate, robes, couples massage credit,

matching tropical shirts hanging in the closet, cuff links for formal night for dad, perfume for GF, or gift bag with sunscreen,underwater disp. camera,

candies, assortment of miniature bottles of their favorite alcohol that you smuggled in your checked luggage, and you could decorate their door for them.

I think the photo coupon would be nice. That way they can get a photo of the whole group to remember the cruise.

I did send my DH the bag & Corona on our last cruise. He loved it. We are planning on sending my BIL the bag & Bud Lite on the next one, as he will be celebrating his Bday.

I got DH the fruit basket with wine. I know a lot of folks say "don't bother - there's fruit at the buffet," but the basket was reasonably priced for what he received (there were items other than fruit) and both he and the kids liked having something to munch on right in the cabin. When I bought this gift it came with your choice of red or white wine - now I see only white. But the quality of the wine was very good.

IMHO write a letter thanking them. How loved you felt being included. etc. Get to know their room steward and have it placed on their pillow on the last night, maybe with a picture of the four of you on the cruise. (parents are suckers for pics of their kids).

why spend money you could use to help pay them back.

just a suggestion.

IMHO write a letter thanking them. How loved you felt being included. etc. Get to know their room steward and have it placed on their pillow on the last night, maybe with a picture of the four of you on the cruise. (parents are suckers for pics of their kids). why spend money you could use to help pay them back. just a suggestion.

My thoughts exactly. I know if I were your Dad, I'd be thrilled with a thank you letter from your heart.

My sister wrote me a poem for my b-day 20 years ago, it's in a frame, on my wall.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Here is another idea. If you all embark at the same time and take the picture together before you get on the ship, buy the picture and have the photo gallery make as many reprints as you need.

Thanks,

Loralie

A surprise ticket for MEEEEE:D

Archived