How much is a taxi from Airport to Las Ramblas?

What is the round about amount for a taxi from Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas? Also do you bargain the price, and do the charge any differently than American Taxis. For example, per person, how much luggage

Thanks

Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

Just back from Barcelona, we paid 25 euro from airport to Le Meredien at Las Ramblas. There was another family of three with lots of luggage the driver would not take and asked them to wait for a larger van.

Hi Dott,

We will be staying at the Le Meredien after our cruise. Can you please give me your opinion regarding the hotel? How is the hotel renovation going? Are they out of sight? I am thinking about changing hotels because of the renovation but I like the location. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dott,

We will be staying at the Le Meredien after our cruise. Can you please give me your opinion regarding the hotel? How is the hotel renovation going? Are they out of sight? I am thinking about changing hotels because of the renovation but I like the location. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

I stayed there last Sept and I think there was renovation going on then but I did not notice a thing. Room was beautifully decorated with the most comfy beds and a wonderful stylish bathroom. To be honest we only slept there but it is in a wonderful location just off Ramblas and there is a Starbucks in the 1898 Hotel opposite....

Full Moon: We were there May 27 and 28, no renovations ongoing that we noticed - seems to be completed. The hotel is lovely, free internet access in the lobby was a plus. CentOnze restaurant is fantastic. The location is about 15min. from the port.Staff is very cooperative. Check out the rain shower and metric bath scale. Ask for a complimentary pass to the health club that is worth doing but it's about a 10-15 walk, lots of treadmills and weight machine, swimming pool, and classes are of course in Spanish. Location is perfect. We will be returning next year for med. cruise. Which cruise will you be returning from?

Greetings from our home city of Barcelona.

A cab from the airport to the Las Ramblas area should cost 20-25 euros tops depending upon traffic, number of pieces of luggage, etc.

No need to tip a Barcelona taxi driver. Just either give the driver any major credit card, for which the driver will charge exactly what's on the meter, or if you pay cash just round up the fare to the next highest euro if you feel so inclined, although it is not necessary.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Our family of 5 with 10 large bags and 5 smaller carry ons needed two taxis to get us from Barcelona airport to the hotel just off La Ramblas. I was charged 80 EURO total --- I thought that was a bit much but that was the best I could do --- I suppose because we had so many bags. The airport was quite crowded with a fairly long line of folks waiting for a taxi and taxis were coming & going quickly so there's wasn't really much opportunity to negotiate. On the return from the cruise terminal to the airport I found a single, large van that held all of us and our luggage for 50 EURO.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings from our home city of Barcelona.

A cab from the airport to the Las Ramblas area should cost 20-25 euros tops depending upon traffic, number of pieces of luggage, etc.

No need to tip a Barcelona taxi driver. Just either give the driver any major credit card, for which the driver will charge exactly what's on the meter, or if you pay cash just round up the fare to the next highest euro if you feel so inclined, although it is not necessary.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Hi Gunther and Uta,

Can you recommend a taxi company in Barcelona that I can make arrangements with via email or the internet? We have an early flight home (10:30am) and I don't want to wait in line for a taxi with the rest of the cruisers!

Call or look-up www.radiotaxi033.com which is an official Barcelona taxi service.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Thanks Gunther and Uta!

I looked at the website and unfortunately, there was no "english" button to click on........so, not sure what it says. (Guess I should have studied more when I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and college!)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived