Best cheap eats in London?

I am overwhelmed at the cost of dining in London and I am originally from New York! Here is my list of places...any opinions or additions? Thanks, Marilyn ;)

Suze in Mayfair ( one splurge near our hotel)

Wagamama

Pret a Manger

Patisserie Valerie

Joe Allen (pre theater)

EAT

Square Pie Company

Strada

De Gustibus Sandwiches

Hamburger Union

Giraffe

There are many cheaper places to eat in London you need to get away from the main areas and walk around the back streets. I found a nice little Italian just near Soho very cheap but good food. I would not go to any of the main chains. Also find a real english pub,

There is a pub called the Churchill that serves Thi food very good you only get 1 hour at your table but its well worth a visit, its near Notting hill,

Also if u like Thi good try Thi Square in Islington many places to eat in that area.

cheers

m

We got into a similar state when we were trying to decide upon a place to eat prior to seeing"The Mousetrap". We decided that we just pick one of the many pubs that seem to be between the Tube and the theater. The GD was especially taken by The Slug and Lettuce.

Charlie

We ate at Weatherspoon's (pub chain in the UK) in several places in England, including Victoria Station's mall. They have a great selection, and we found their prices to be about the cheapest for a good dinner or lunch.

Archived