Absolute Favorite Ship???

CruisinInNC

If this has already been addressed here, kindly point me to the right thread (the search function isn't working for me for some reason).

I know there will probably be as many answers to this question as there are people on this site, but what's your Absolute FAVORITE Carnival ship?? (preferably ones that port on the east coast, as that's where we'll sail from)

We've only sailed on the Fantasy yet, and we loved it. I'd like to hear from others, though - what's your favorite ship, and why?

I'll gladly be one of the first to say Spirit class....(Legend, Miracle, Pride, and Spirt)

Mid size ship with most of the extras of the bigger ships.....an easy and comfortable feeling deck plan, supper club, handles the number of people well (don't feel as if among thousands) and plenty of balcony cabins.

Did the MIRACLE and LOVED it.........booked to go back........

Loved the Legend, hated the Liberty (Just way too big and hard to get around on the ship, although the outdoor Movies were great!) and can't wait to sail on the Miracle in August......we picked the Miracle as it is the same class ship as the Legend.

I think if you loved the Fantasy you'll really like any of the ships in the Carnival fleet...unless you find the big ones (Conquest Class) too big.

I prefer the Spirit class (Pride, Spirit, Legend, Miracle) over the Conquest Class ships. We still enjoy the smaller ones, too!

I really find it interesting that most people here would post their vote for the Spirit class ships (I've only sailed Victory and Liberty). We're planning a trip on the Spirit in '09 and I'm really looking forward to trying the smaller size. The reason I find it interesting is becasue the ships just keep getting bigger. I suppose Carnival figures people will sail regardless of the size of the ship but I wish they would continue to build the Spirit class size. But seems like that is not going to happen anymore...

I agree with SIRLOSTALOT. Any ship I am on is my favorite.

My first favorite was the Fantasy in July 06, In February 07, my favorite became the Triumph. In April 08, my favorite will be the Freedom.

Thanks everyone - seems the majority likes the Miracle! I'm going to look into that and see what our pvp can put together for us for next year.

FYI.....Miracle.....2004....in it's young life has already won consecutive 'Eagle awards'.........Carnival award for highest ranked in customer service scores

and scored a perfect 100 on a CDC inspection .....http://wwwn.cdc.gov/vsp/InspectionQueryTool/Forms/InspectionResults.aspx

(this was in October....I don't know when the new inspection/awards are given)

I actually didn't like the Spirit class - Miracle (not to say I didn't have a great cruise!:) ) I preferred the Triumph, however, looking forward to doing the Liberty or Freedom next!

I have to say that overall, personally I agree with you!

My last sailing was on the Legend (Spirit Class) and I will be booking my next 2 upcoming cruises on Conquest Class ships.

Of course I had a wonderful cruise! I thought that the ship was beautiful and quite easy to navigate but I found that everything was much more spread out and it was a less "social" atmosphere.

The Triumph and the Destiny were great as well. The Triumph will always hold a special place in my heart as she was my first cruise. I have sailed her twice and might do so again

But I have to say that so far my favorite ship ("shipwise") was the Glory. The layout is very similar to the Triumph but larger and more venues and ammenities.

I am currently planning a solo cruise and leaning heavily toward the Liberty. I am also planning a family cruise for next year and this will also be on a Conquest Class ship.

What makes one ship so great when there are about 3 others identical to it in it's class:confused:

Is it just the crew that makes it better and the layout of things decorated

I liked the Conquest so I would like the Liberty since they are identical in the Conquest class right

just the cruise director changing on a ship will change the experience of that specific ship, so yes you are on target with what changes it..

I believe you just did the Conquest as I did, so imagine if Mark Price wasn't the Cruise Director but rather someone else who focused on different things, then you'd have a different cruise experience

Archived