What night is "best" to do Chops on Mariner (West)?

And what time would you pick for dining? We are going in Sept and plan on making reservations as soon as we board the ship. My parents are going to take the kids to dinner at the normal time in the dining room.

I don't think there is a "best" night. It depends on what you enjoy eating in the dining room.

It seems that a lot of people prefer Chops or Portofinos on the Caribbean night (or whatever it is called now) ~ it used to be Wednesdays. But for us, the "best" night is lobster night because I'm allergic to shellfish. But then some also like the first night because they don't need reservations, or the last night because they don't like the turkey and the waiters on parade.

Same with dining time - we normally have early seating, so I prefer to book a later time in the specialty restaurants so we can enjoy a drink before and take our time getting ready.

When you go to make your reservation you can ask the representative at Chops what is served on which nights in the dining room. They can probably give you a better run down so you can pick which night appeals to you.

I know it's not much help, but "best" is really subjective!

I don't know what the itinerary is for the Western cruise, but when we did the Eastern a few weeks ago, we were in St THomas until 8pm. We made reservations for Portofino for 7:30 and we had a seat by the window and were able to see the lights from the port as we had dinner. It was great.

I don't know if you have a time like that and if Chops has windows on your ship. We really enjoyed that. In our case it just happened to be the night with the Get out there menu, which to us was the weakest night.

I do know though whichever night you choose, you will love your dinner. Enjoy!

And what time would you pick for dining? We are going in Sept and plan on making reservations as soon as we board the ship. My parents are going to take the kids to dinner at the normal time in the dining room.

Wednesday night has the weakest DR menu in my opinion. The replacement for Caribbean night isn't much better. Tuesday is my second choice but as a previous poster correctly pointed out depends what you like. Mon &Thu are the formal nights. Friday is Lobster night and Saturday is NY Strip steaks.

I would recommend 6-6:30 or 8-8:30 depending on when your d.r. time is normally. That way you don't miss the shows or other activities. Ice show is Wed and Thu.

Archived