Freedom

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recent Freedom compasses they could share. We are going on her and March. I'm just doing a little preplanning and trying to figure out what time the shows are ie: ice, magic etc. We also would like to try either Portifino or Chops, any suggestions on which might be the best day and time to try one of those.

Thank you,

:) Kaycee

I kept all of my Compasses from the May 27th Freedom (Western w/Ocho Rios.) I don't know how to post them on here though. (unless someone wants to share how to do it). I've only just figured out how to attach an itty bitty thumbnail photo.

Let me know if there is anything specific you need to know...

-Kathleen

I kept all of my Compasses from the May 27th Freedom (Western w/Ocho Rios.) I don't know how to post them on here though. (unless someone wants to share how to do it). I've only just figured out how to attach an itty bitty thumbnail photo.

Let me know if there is anything specific you need to know...

-Kathleen

Kathleen,

Can you confirm what nights are formal? I believe it will be Monday and Thursday, correct?

Thanks!!!!:D

When we were on the Freedom in April, formal nights were Monday and Thursday. After reading posts on CC, Wednesday seemed to be the least popular night in the dining room so that was the night we went to Chops. I don't remember what the menu was in the dining room for that night but it was nothing that appealed to us.

Kathleen,

Can you confirm what nights are formal? I believe it will be Monday and Thursday, correct?

Thanks!!!!:D

We were completely formal for Monday night (tuxes etc.) so we decided on day 1 to go and make reservations for Chops on Thursday night (the 2nd formal).

However, if I had it to do over, I would have just brought another fancy dress and had my husband use the 2nd shirt provided with the tux and go to Chops on a different night. Thursday was our Midnight Buffet and we were too drugged on Filet Mignon (and I'm not kidding, after that meal you are soooo tired- best meal I think I've ever had...especially for that price!!) to even think about going up to the Culinary Gala (as they call it). I was bummed to have missed it, but by midnight I was passed out.

Unlikie Nomarfan we liked "Surf Night" a lot. It was really good as I remember. My least favorite menu was the last night, Feast of Nations. Anyway, on surf night, we all dressed in our best Hawaiian style clothes took a great photo next to a ocean backdrop and the men and boys wore nice shorts into the dining room that night. In the compass on that day only, it very clearly says no tank tops and bare feet in the dining room, but clearly omits the short pants requirements. Yea! So our guys all enjoyed wearing their surf finest with shorts that night. Very cool.

-Kathleen

I have a question regarding where the Freedom & Liberty are docking in San Juan. Are they using the dock at Old San Juan or the Pan American Pier? I'm not sailing until next March but it would be great if they're using OSJ.

We were completely formal for Monday night (tuxes etc.) so we decided on day 1 to go and make reservations for Chops on Thursday night (the 2nd formal).

However, if I had it to do over, I would have just brought another fancy dress and had my husband use the 2nd shirt provided with the tux and go to Chops on a different night. Thursday was our Midnight Buffet and we were too drugged on Filet Mignon (and I'm not kidding, after that meal you are soooo tired- best meal I think I've ever had...especially for that price!!) to even think about going up to the Culinary Gala (as they call it). I was bummed to have missed it, but by midnight I was passed out.

Unlikie Nomarfan we liked "Surf Night" a lot. It was really good as I remember. My least favorite menu was the last night, Feast of Nations. Anyway, on surf night, we all dressed in our best Hawaiian style clothes took a great photo next to a ocean backdrop and the men and boys wore nice shorts into the dining room that night. In the compass on that day only, it very clearly says no tank tops and bare feet in the dining room, but clearly omits the short pants requirements. Yea! So our guys all enjoyed wearing their surf finest with shorts that night. Very cool.

-Kathleen

Thanks Kathleen! That will help us decide what nights for Chops and Portofino. I know LOTS of people would be very happy if you sent your compass copies off the Cruisedailies for Brian to post :D . I plan on sending mine to him from our next cruise.

I almost forgot about this site - this would be a good one to check out the menus. www.thepreismans.com. Click on the Freedom cruise and then about a quarter of the way down, just above the dining room pictures there is a link to the menus for the dining room, Portofino's and Chops. The dining room menus are the same ones we had in April. This will help you decide which night is best for you to try Portofino's and/or Chops.

Archived