Number 5

seahorse

Hope this year for hurricanes won't be line '98, we had a cruised planned for the Eastern Caribbean on the Norway, because of all the hurricane's that year, the eastern ports were ruined. We were diverted to the Western Caribbean, even before we left the Port of Miami, the same thing happened, one right after another, we finally ended up out running hurricane Roxann, but not before the high winds and sea tossed us around a bit. The ports we were to stop at were Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Cancun. Needless to say we didn't see any of them on that cruise, the captain was able to get us to Ocho Rios.

It was quite the cruise :)

Hope all you folks in Fl and along the eastern coast are safe..

I spoke to a friend of mine today who's stationed in Jacksonville and they were repositioning planes from the Navy bases there to Denver because of the hurricanes. This season may be a rough one. How's the Mexican Riviera sound to everyone? :D

and we, who live in south florida, just found out that ther are not just one, but two more tropical thingys out there tracking charley! holy moly! they said there would be like 14 storms this year, but did that mean we had to have them all at the same time???? yeesh!

they are updating on the tv right now and he's in daytona as we speak...er...type... that's directly next to port canaveral...whoa! wouldn't want to be on the mariner tomorrow!!!

wow! what a season we're having!!!

To the Western Carribean in November.....where are you going?

Fran, aren't you glad we are doing our cruise in November? Even though the season does go til Dec 1st, I don't ever remember much in the way of storms after mid October. Let's hope that all this will be behind us in another month at the most.

NMNIta

Hope this year for hurricanes won't be line '98, we had a cruised planned for the Eastern Caribbean on the Norway, because of all the hurricane's that year, the eastern ports were ruined. We were diverted to the Western Caribbean, even before we left the Port of Miami, the same thing happened, one right after another, we finally ended up out running hurricane Roxann, but not before the high winds and sea tossed us around a bit. The ports we were to stop at were Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Cancun. Needless to say we didn't see any of them on that cruise, the captain was able to get us to Ocho Rios.

It was quite the cruise :)

Hope all you folks in Fl and along the eastern coast are safe..

Yes I am Nita, but also remember havin Roxann a very large hurricane, chase us out of the Western Caribbean in November '98, it was the week before Thanksgiving.....You are probably right about not many hurricanes after mid Oct....what I can remember that year '98 was a really bad year...So keep finger, and toes crossed....mine are :)

Hope everything is well with you :)

Yes, you are one of the lucky ones. My BIL lives in the Clearwater Fl area, he was ok with Charley...no problems. What about all the large forest fires, have you had problems with them? Weather its hurricanes, tropical storms, and first.....all are so devistating. We are pretty safe here where I live, even though its NY, but we do get the heavy rains and some winds with the storms, depending on the track it follows.

How have you been ute_fan?

Hi Fran:

I'm doing just fine -- wishing there was time & money to be cruising again, but not in the cards for the near future. We haven't had any trouble in our area with the forest fires, but there have been some in the outlying areas of the state. Utah has been in a drought for about 6 years, so it's something we're always concerned about. Luckily this summer, we have been getting enough rain to keep things from drying out too much -- of course, the downside is that then more vegetation grows, so if we should get a long, hot spell, we could still be in real trouble. We haven't even reached 100 yet this summer, which is very unusual. It's been great!!!

Nice to hear from you again.

The eye of Charley came very close to my house but we had no damage. It is sad to see the Damage and desturtion the people to the North of me have received. It puts a new prespective on moldy shower curtains and poor buffets that some have complained about lately. The next storm is following the same path as Charley but does not have the upper air winds guiding to SW Florida. That is good news for us but not for Texas.

The eye of Charley came very close to my house but we had no damage. It is sad to see the Damage and desturtion the people to the North of me have received. It puts a new prespective on moldy shower curtains and poor buffets that some have complained about lately. The next storm is following the same path as Charley but does not have the upper air winds guiding to SW Florida. That is good news for us but not for Texas.

My son is in St. Pete. A lot of folks went inland (Orlando) to avoid the storm and ran right into Charley. They never even got any rain in St Pete. Between the two of you is was a disaster.

My son took care of the important things before moving to higher ground prior to the storm. He put his 60" TV up on his bed. :cool:

It is going to be a long year for many.

our daughter lives in Orlando, but on the west side of town which did not get hit very hard. They have friends on the east side; not good news: Fran, as for November and the western C. as you know we are going also. I have complete faith that nothing will happen: I also live in denial from time to time:lol. Ute, we too feel lucky to live where we do: no hurricanes, blizzards, not much flooding and very nice summers. What more could we ask for?

NMNita

I feel much better now that I know you are going n October gardencat... :)

I hate to jinx anyone!!!!!!!!!! Now to get thru November without any storms, we are taking our granddaughter (16 yrs old) on her first cruise, so maybe she is my good luck charm, her bday is 3/17 (St Patrick's Day).....

ute_fan....I can imagine the vegetation get pretty long...... :( Hate the mowing thing....Our summer hasn't been all that great either, lot of rain in July, hasn't hit 90 yet so far in August....Now in 3 wks the kids will be going back to school, thats when it will get hot..

newMexicoNita, yes I remember you are going, the same week we are :D

did you forget we made sort of tentative plans to meet in Belize at the pier, for coffee, drinks, which ever we need at the time? :D

Have any of you used the e-tickets, print your boarding passes on line, if so how did it work out for you?

Take care all....talk soon

Archived