Formal Nights question

Yes and no, one of the nicest thing about formal nights on cruise lines is you can dress up and find many many people who do or you can chose not to and be very comfortable with those who chose not to...then there is right in between. This is your cruise...do what you want to do...as long as it doesn't interfere with other peoples enjoyment, the sky is the limit...but that just makes common sense.

Yes and no, one of the nicest thing about formal nights on cruise lines is you can dress up and find many many people who do or you can chose not to and be very comfortable with those who chose not to...then there is right in between. This is your cruise...do what you want to do...as long as it doesn't interfere with other peoples enjoyment, the sky is the limit...but that just makes common sense.

I read you loud and clear but I am still curious of how they do formal nights on RCI.

We did the 5 day Bermuda on the Explorer last year and I had gotten the impression here on the boards that because it was a shorter cruise it was going to be less formal....WRONG!!!! Everyone was dressed to the nines and I was glad I brought a gown. Lots of tuxes and sparkles and spangles, even the casual nights were pretty dressy with a lot of black pants and sparkly top type outfits.

If you don't want to wear a gown or tux, you don't have to. On our last cruise, there were men in tuxes, woman in gowns, and everything in between down to the young gentleman in his jeans, dress shirt that was not tucked in, no tie, sleeves rolled up and flip flops. My DH very rarely wears his suit jacket because he is always so warm and takes it off the minute we get to the dining room anyway, so instead of packing it, we just don't take it any more and he wears his pants, dress shirt and tie and is fine. If you think you would feel out of place if you weren't in a gown, then I suggest you bring one.

Many do dress up, few tux's though. I have cruised so much that I am tired of bringing a mens suit and gowns with us, what we found is we wore them for dinner then right after dinner changed into other clothing, practically everybody does this. I now bring black dress pants and two nice tops and my other brings a pair of dress pants, two dress shirts and 2 ties, no jacket!

Ok some of you will argue but to each their own. Its all what YOU want formal night to be.

Archived