Help with these room choices......Millenium

MortgageChick

As per my previous post we are contemplating switching our RCL booking for Sept 08 to Millenium for the 14 night Vancouver to San Diego Repo.

We have a huge balcony booked on RCL right now, and the following staterooms on Millenium are available, all with larger than average balconies.

OUr preference is the Aft, and two of the following are AFT. I do not care for a full enclosed balcony. I like to have part cover and part sun ( one of the reasons I am a bit reluctant on RCL balcony) I do not mind the side if balcony is large , unobstructed and part shade , part cover.

Can any of you comment on the following Millenium class staterooms and balcony :

9201 and 9162 (CC)-AFT

Thanks in advance

As per my previous post we are contemplating switching our RCL booking for Sept 08 to Millenium for the 14 night Vancouver to San Diego Repo.

We have a huge balcony booked on RCL right now, and the following staterooms on Millenium are available, all with larger than average balconies.

OUr preference is the Aft, and two of the following are AFT. I do not care for a full enclosed balcony. I like to have part cover and part sun ( one of the reasons I am a bit reluctant on RCL balcony) I do not mind the side if balcony is large , unobstructed and part shade , part cover.

Can any of you comment on the following Millenium class staterooms and balcony :

Category 2B cabins with larger than normal balconies.

7163. 7166, 7171, 7174 are angled balconies about 1 1/2 normal size. Partly covered by above balconies. Amount of sun depends on location of sun.

7173, 7175, 7178 are about 2 times normal balconies. I believe they have a canvas awning extending from the above balcony. Amount of sun depends on location of the sun.

9201 and 9162 (CC)-AFT

CC 9201 and 9162 have balconies about 4 times normal size. All the extra is in the depth. On Summit and Infinity these are covered by metal and canvas except for about the last 3 feet aft. Will get sun on aft part when sun is above, and further in when sun is behind the ship

Thanks in advance

You are welcome. My vote is for either aft CC. We had FV 9199 which is next to CC 9201 on our W/C Alaska cruise and loved it. Also had CC 8185 on Hawaii cruise and it was great too.

The aft balconies really are fantastic. We had 7202 on Millennium for the ta in March and will have 8172 on our Infinity Alaska cruise in September The only problem with those aft balconies on Deck 9 would be if you are extremely sensitive to noise - or are light sleepers - because those cabins are below the buffet and outer deck. The sound of those deck chairs being moved around quite a bit, either by passengers or cleaning crew, can be irritating.

I also vote for the aft cabins. I feel they are the best cabins for doing Alaska. You see both sides of the Inside Passage on the aft. Plus, it's less windy in the back. Of the 2B cabins you spoke of, I would take 7175, or 7178, as they have bigger balconies. 7173 also has a bigger balcony, but not as big.

Rollie

I booked the Millenium. Took the AFt cabin. Not too worried about noise as we will be in Alaska in September and cooler climes for the first 8 or 9 days so I don't expect as much bustle on deck 10 as would be expected in the Caribbean.

As well as the aft cabin, the higher space ratio on X is appealing.

My last 2 cruises were on Crown Princess(9 nights) and Jewel of the Seas(13 nights). Both were great, but the number of kids(Princess) and overall number of people that they cram onto the ship in general (3000 plus) is more than I want these days.

Another bonus the CC was a total of 400 cheaper than the a regular balcony on RCL Radiance for the same 14 days. Itinerary almost identical (one goes to Astoria and one to Catalina)

Archived