Question about the Spirit

CavePearl

I am seriously thinking about a Carnival cruise. (Not new to cruising, just new to Carnival.) I will be in San Diego on business in late March and my DH is tagging along. Anyway, I started thinking about combining business with a little vacation time and taking a 7 night cruise to Mexico before heading home. I researched a cruise on the Carnival website but I didn't readily find information on the size of the Spirit. (We really prefer smaller ships.)

Okay. I admit it. I knew that someone on CC could help me and probably save me some time - so, any information you care to give me on the ship would be appreciated!

We sailed last year on the Spirit and, although she is a larger ship, was very easy to navigate - stairs, elevators seemed to be in the right places, you didn't run into any dead ends, etc. We enjoyed the ship very much.

So far so good... do you also happen to know how many passengers she holds? (We're probably going to do this anyway because the dates are right and the itinerary sounds good, but it is always nice to know something about the ship before you put the deposit down!) :)

I have cruised a lot and last Feb. I went on my first Carnival Cruise. It was on the Spirit out of San Diego - An 8 day cruise. We had a really good time. We found the service to be very good all over the ship. We liked the food,

The shore excursions, the activites on board. The Supper Club was outstanding, one of the best we have experienced.

We found that Carnival was just about the same as all our other cruises.

I liked it well enough that I have booked the Elation out of San Diego and I am going to take my GD on her first Cruise next month. :D

I was on the Spirit 8 night cruise last February also. I have been on 30+ cruises, (8 Carnival), and this was one of my best. I loved the ship, with the exception of a few over the top areas. The itinery, food and entertaimnment were great. it was a well run ship.

The Spirit, one of my Favorite ships, glad to have her in San Diego, she is 88,500 Gross Tons meaning she is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. While in San Diego she does the 8 day trip down to Acapulco and back. She will only do two 7 day trips down to mexico in April right before she heads to Hawaii.

Great looking ship, great service and crew.

Fred

She will only do two 7 day trips down to mexico in April right before she heads to Hawaii.

Great looking ship, great service and crew.

Fred

It's really looking like we'll be on one of those two April trips... so far she has two thumbs up!

I appreciate the responses!

We'll be sailing the Spirit this summer for the third time. :D Needless to say, we love that ship. As others have said, the Spirit-class ships are easy to navigate. Both times we've had excellent service and are really looking forward to sailing her again.

Cheers!

Jayne

I believe the passenger count is somewhere in the 2,100 range with 900+ crew. We've sailed both the Spirit to Hawaii and her sister ship Legend to the S. Caribbean. We love the Spirit class vessels because of their easy to navigate decks and just-right size. We'll be on the 8-day Mex. Riv. cruise this Nov. 30th. You'll have a great time.

Love the Spirit, just sailed her for the 4th time, 5th time is on 10/13 and maybe a 7 night next April. Been on Legend 3 times and Pride 1 time. Not too big, not too small and much easier to get around on then the Glory (Conquest Class Ships) when you have someone with mobility issues.

Love the Spirit. My group is booked for the April 6 sailing and looking forward to a new port, La Paz this time.

Spirit class ships are wonderful.

Don't forget about the Spirit to Alaska, Frequent Floater!

Archived