Are you a Bingo Player? Any Difference?

sail7seas

Do you play Bingo on the ships? Every day? The whole cruise? Or do you only go when they are playing for the big prize? Would you care if they stopped offering it on the ships?

I only played once when we were cruising with some friends whose children wanted Mom and Dad to take them so we all went. It was fun but not enough so that I ever returned.

on earlier cruises i played once a day with the dw------on the statendam this past december we only played the last nite for snowball bingo --my wife had to drag me from the lounge where i was relaxing with a pre dinner drink to bingo--i wore a track in the carpet dragging my heels --- split the jackpot and walked away with a little over 2500.-----------------did not play at all on the oosterdam this past march---------dont know if i will play on the galaxy next march

I tried it once, but for the life of me could not figure out the complicated rules! Snowball bingo- what the heck is that? (and yes, I know how to play plain old bingo) Everyone around me seemed to know how everything worked, but were too busy with 16 cards to explain it to me.

On the Carnival Inspiration last year they had a bingo game about 15 minutes before the show, and started selling cards about 1/2 hour before that. In addition, it was a two level theater with all the upper level seats having obstructions. So in order to get a good seat for the show you had to show up 45 minutes early for the show and sit through them selling the cards and the game.:mad:

BTW, no I don't play

I enjoy playing 2 or 3 times during a cruise usually during the afternoon on Sea days. Of course it probably helps that I've won several times ($80 - $250) and on our Veendam cruise last March won the game for the free cruise. Not a big deal to me if they did away with it but I'll probably keep playing a couple of times each trip if they do continue.

Do you play Bingo on the ships? Every day? The whole cruise? Or do you only go when they are playing for the big prize? Would you care if they stopped offering it on the ships?

I only played once when we were cruising with some friends whose children wanted Mom and Dad to take them so we all went. It was fun but not enough so that I ever returned.

No, I don't play. I go on the ships to enjoy the scenery and the water, and have no need to spend any more time indoors than necessary.

I especially find the several daily bingo announcements annoying. Do they think we can't read? It's right there in the program for all of us to see. Makes me feel that HAL considers its passengers stupid!

I always play bingo. Usually every day. The only time I play is on the cruise and I have met some wonderful people playing. Some of the older players (usually ladies) really take their bingo seriously. I think they'd hear a mighty uproar from them if they discontinued it. I enjoy it but if it was done away with, I probably could find something else to do. From the lines that form, I'd say its probably a money maker for them. I have won several times and that always helps. Bingo is illegal in Arkansas, so we don't have the parlors that some states have. Some of the ladies tell me they play almost everyday in Fl.

on earlier cruises i played once a day with the dw------on the statendam this past december we only played the last nite for snowball bingo --my wife had to drag me from the lounge where i was relaxing with a pre dinner drink to bingo--i wore a track in the carpet dragging my heels --- split the jackpot and walked away with a little over 2500.-----------------did not play at all on the oosterdam this past march---------dont know if i will play on the galaxy next march

Lougee - same thing happened to a couple of our tablemates last Xmas. She dragged him kicking and screaming to the final Bingo. Our phone rang as we were getting into bed and all I heard was "I WON, I WON", but she won the whole thing. I was sorry after I didn't go with her - I might have had her cards. :mad:

We play at least once a day. Played a lot on our Hawaii cruises because there were so many sea days, and we won quite a few times. Sometimes we had to split with others, but that was OK. We had fun. :D

Archived