Mariner of the Seas Leaving Port Canaveral

I just noticed on RCCL's website that Mariner is leaving her home of Port Canaveral and moving to Los Angeles in February 2009. I've sailed on Mariner several times and really like the ship and the convenience of Port Canaveral. Hopefully RCCL will put a Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral to replace Mariner on the 7 day sailings, but nothing is showing up on the website yet.

That is a very good question and I'd be interested in knowing that as well. We just booked a party of 12 cabins on her for Nov '08, hope we won't regret not waiting a couple more months....

We have a pretty active thread on Mariner Leaving Port Canaveral: "RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=566499

The best dedution from what we on this thread have shared is that the earliest that RCCL will replace Mariner at Port C is late 2009. RCCCL execs have been very responsive to emails from Cruise Critic members. Basically, there are no ships to replace Mariner for the bulk of 2009 and Disney has been giving RCCL strong competition in Port C. Mariner leaves Port C in late 2008 to sail around South America to California.

Archived