Towel animals on princess cruises

redjuliet

We were in a full suite on CB last October and received them on about three evenings. We travelled with two other couples, both in balcony cabins and neither of them received them.

Got an e-mail from Carnival about a new site. On the first page, click on one of the swimsuits, on the next page, click on continue(you don't have to enter a name), then go to the bottom of the next page and put your cursor over "Pampered" and it will show to the right of that 3 options, click on "staterooms", the next page a crew member is inviting you to look at the staterooms. On the page for each stateroom, is a towel animal, when you put your cursor over the towel animal, it asks you to guess which one it is, it is obvious and then after you guess, you get an option to save a file to your computer with directions on making the towel animals. (Elepant, dog, dinosaur and Rabbit.) Each of the staterooms has a different one.

http://funshipisland.com/#deck

sonomaphil: Such pent-up towel rage! I think you, my dear, may need therapy for all this anger! :rolleyes:

I think it's just reading too many cruise reviews that mention that not having towel animals "ruined" their vacation. Whatever! :rolleyes:

The gang from our Freedom cruise -

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2909509050096246620zrmDLW

Anytime I weaken in my resolve to never go on Princess again after our bad experiences on the Ocean and Grand, I just go on the Princess board and follow some of the replies.

If you are too refined a person to stoop to cruise on a ship that puts arranged towels with sunglasses and baseball hats on the bed every night, then I don't want to be on a ship with you. Gad, lighten up:rolleyes:

Fully arrayed in a flame retardent suit, fire away:D

Just returned on 7/15 on the CB and we did get an elephant towel animal and a cobra. The cobra was our favorite because he was sitting on our night stand wearing my daughter's glasses! So cute - we kept him there for days.

It all depends on your room steward. My husband/sons room did not get any and they were right next door (different steward).

They still have ice carving and vegetable carving demos.

IMHO i don't think the stewards should be expected to do towel animals. They have enough to do without doing the towel animals. However if they chose to do so, that is up to them. I would rather have a clean room and towels and bedding replenished than towel animals.

Towels animals are cute. There is so much more to a cruise to make you impressed and thankful. Unless, you are under 10 years old.

Let us have a grown up (adult) cruise.

For towel animals I would recommend Carnival--since I don't care for Carnival--no towel animals--also no waiters dancing on the dining table--Oh--------I miss so much by not ever taking Carnival again.

Nancy:D

The one time we had towel animals it was obvious they were pre-made and used cruise after cruise, and moved from one cabin to the other each day. Today we have the swan, tomorrow it's next door. So I doubt it took to much time out of the work day to put them out. I'm not a kid - heck, my kids aren't kids - but we got a kick out of the fun we had when the towel animals showed up :-)

Just off the Caribbean Princess and our room steward made my 6 yr old son towel animals every night. My son couldn't wait to get back to the room at night to see which different animal was waiting for him. He had a monkey, elephant, dog, and a turtle. My son is also a diabetic and our room steward made sure he left him plenty of sugar free choclates every night. He also used the choclates as part of the towel animals, like for the eyes or ears or mouth. They were pretty cool. We had a wonderful room steward, I wished that I could have brought him home with us.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our first Princess cruise on the Dawn and I must admit we were a little disappointed about no towel animals. It's a little silly I know, but on all of our other cruises which include DCL, Carnival, NCL and RCCL we had them in our cabin everynight. It was just a fun touch.

That being said it would never discourage me from cruising with Princess. In fact we have already booked two upcoming cruises with Princess.

Our room steward did leave us a plate of yummy cookies everynight and we would order milk and tea from room service to eat with them. My kids really loved that. I bet they would pick the cookies over the towel animal anyday!

First crusie for us and we didn't know anything about the towel animals. First day was a pair of swans. The next day, there was a "zoo" of animals all over the bed! My husband didn't notice the mouse hiding near the pillows. The following was a monkey hanging from the a/c duct. We left him up there! He was our guest for the rest of the cruise!

It was a really nice touch. I tried to duplicate, but haven't got the hang of it yet!

Archived