Do you know what - we love cruising!

Steve Roberts

Thought I'd post a totally positive thread about cruising!

We love cruises - only been on five, but they were all great. Okay, there were one or two irritations, but compared to other holidays they are ALWAYS the best. I read posts from complainers who have been on 40+ cruises whinging, but they still continue to go on them - what does that say?

The reality ss this (in my view), cruising is the absolute best holiday for singles, couples and families (we're the latter). We've got two more booked (for 08 and 09) and I'm like a big kid in anticipation (as are my wife and kids).

Cruises rock and whoever says otherwise are miserable old gits!!! Rock on cruises!!!

JUST WISH I COULD CONVINCE MY HUBBY!

We have been on many cruises now. None with our son yet (he's 2.5 years-old). Hubby says he's "tired of cruising." UGH! In my opinion, I'm all with you. It is the best way to travel, ESPECIALLY, if you have a little one.

See, my hubby is older (62 years-old). Although he is very involved in our son's upbringing he still kind of sees it as the Mom's (my) responsibility for watching our boy much of the time. I want a cruise so that I have the kid's program to lean on a little....wink, wink... Hubby would totally deny this. Sorry, laughing to myself over here.

Just wanted you to know that I'm totally with you on this.

Cheryl

Well our first cruise really set the bar high. We went to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas and it was near perfection. One major complaint about an excursion which I don't know if can blame on RCI or not. One very minor irritant about constantly being asked for drinks. If I didn't have a drink in my hand I was being approached by several waiters. I suppose that's better than having to flag one down though.

Second cruise was just a fun weekend getaway. I wasn't looking for perfection, but it was fine. Third will be first with kids. I'm almost worried to have high expectations. I just don't think anything can beat that first cruise.

I think cruising rocks, too! and I think it's perfect for families...there is just so much a kids can do on board and so much to see and learn on shore.

I only have babies now, but I imagine that cruises are perfect for teens, too. And I look forward to doubling my list of cruises on my signature by the time by boys are in their teens.

I read posts from complainers who have been on 40+ cruises whinging, but they still continue to go on them - what does that say? ...

The reality ss this (in my view), cruising is the absolute best holiday for singles, couples and families (we're the latter) ...

1) I would say that those individuals who complain about cruising and still go probably complain about everything. In a relative sense they probably like cruising quite a bit as they most likely complain about other things in their life much more than cruising.

2) 6 out of the last 7 of our last family holidays not associated with visiting relatives have been on cruises. I guess we must like it. I'll be curious to see if our kids, now 12 and 14, continue to enjoy going as they get older. We leave on the 7th of July for our next trip.

BethCarp - I also don't like it when drinks get pushed. I just do my best to ignore it and politely say no thank you.

Steve, I agree with you 100%. We started crusing when our children were young and found it the perfect family vacation. There was lots for the kids to do, for us to do and for us to do together. And, now the kids are no longer kids but young adults so my wife and I have been cruising more by ourselves and enjoy that equally well. And, next year our daughter who is now married will join us on a cruise and at some point we will take our young adult son with us for a cruise as well.

We are so appreciative of the fact that we can cruise and we have enjoyed all of them a great deal.

Keith

Archived