Jr. Suite?

I had one on the 7th floor on a recent cruise. You don't get Concierge service. You do get tags for you luggage that are labeled as Suite and you get Priority check in. Larger balcony that any other balcony stateroom and a bathtub and small walk-in closet. Other than that, you don't get anything else. :)

I had booked a Grand Suite, 8508, on the Grandeur for next year. All of the suites, except Jr., are located at the bow of the ship. Recently, I've read many threads regarding the noise from the anchor, the Windjammer, etc. that is heard from the bow suites.

I just cancelled the Grand Suite and booked a Jr. Suite, 7650, on the very aft of the ship. It's starboard, with just one neighbor. I'm extremely pleased, since everyone raves about the staterooms on the aft.

Of course, I have a looooong time to experience the aft of the Grandeur, but it sure will be worth the wait!

From these boards I have received an abundance of knowledge (not from my TA for our pending first cruise, that's for sure). I now feel like an experienced Cruise Critic.

Thanks, everyone!

It took me a while to figure out this whole priority boarding thing.

First cruise on RCCL, even though in the grand suite I did not take advantage of prioirty booking. I did not know how.

Next cruise...I just about missed it. Was in line, showed our tickets, and I was told to take a seat with a ton of people. The lady behind me told the check in guy that she was a gold member(or something like that). The check in guy said yes suite and gold members should sit over there..... So I backed up and I said I am in a suite...He directed me over to a different check in area. In no less than 5 mintues, we were on our way to check in with no lines, and on board a few mintues later.

For any of you, who dont get it like me.....Tell them you are in a suite and do not expect them to look at your ticket.... It was wonderful to bypass all the crowds and to board right away. Really if this is the only perk of a Jr. suite, it is by far the best perk!!!

Janet

I will be in an aft Jr Suite 1100 on the Jewel next March. There are others in my party who will be in Balcony rooms but we are traveling together and will all arrive at the pier together. Will my whole party be allowed priority check in?

Did you know that you receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, and JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004. I checked with Crown & Anchor and they advised me after I sail my 7th cruise I will be given credit for eight cruises with RCI. The perk here is it moves you up faster to the higher level C&A membership.

Archived