Excursions booked so far!!!!

ciara

So far I have booked -:

Island Wings in KETCHIKAN for Traitor's Cove Bear Watching 3pm -7pm (boat docked 1pm -8.30pm) This is only port where we will tender.

Chilkoot Excursions in SKAGWAY - Yukon Bus and Rail Excursion 7hr trip - pick-up 7.30am (boat docked 7am -6pm)

So Coastal Helicopters will be my last big one to book - in JUNEA from 1pm - 10pm. Most of that time is free with Coastal so can anyone suggest what time we should book ?

Can you suggest anymore HAVE TO SEE in the time left in the ports? Was thinking Salmon Bake in JUNEA

We are from Ireland and I dont suppose we will be back in Alaska so want to experience as much as we can this time!!!

I can't remember which post I was reading, but in Juneau the poster said that their helicopter trip was cancelled due to weather, but that the later helicopter flights still took place. I think the 4:30 PM trip was the first one that actually took place. We booked a 3:30 PM with Coastal since that's really the only time that fit in our schedule. You may just want to ask them what they advise.

I can't remember which post I was reading, but in Juneau the poster said that their helicopter trip was cancelled due to weather, but that the later helicopter flights still took place. I think the 4:30 PM trip was the first one that actually took place. We booked a 3:30 PM with Coastal since that's really the only time that fit in our schedule. You may just want to ask them what they advise.

ANY flight can cancel and no way to predict weather. I've been there when only the morning flights went and on other trips where the afternoon were the only ones going.

I would book where you have a block of time left over.

See if they can drop off/pick up at Mendenhall?? Or just take a cab- makes better use of time rather than going back and forth downtown.

Island Wings in KETCHIKAN for Traitor's Cove Bear Watching 3pm -7pm (boat docked 1pm -8.30pm) This is only port where we will tender.

QUOTE]

As only suggestion. I strongly encourage you to be ready and in line (or at the tender ticket area) at least 30-60 minutes prior to your arrival time.

The problem with these late tender times is EVERYONE is up and wanting off the ships. I've seen 2 hour waits for tenders and very long lines.

You will get no priority unless you are in the "upper cabins" If you are, definately use it.

Thanks for replies and BQ we are in CC class with balcony so I THINK we do get priority disembarking - another thing I will have to find out!!!

I am also on the hunt for a good pair of binoculars and have read all your stuff regarding same

Thanks again everyone for replies - makes making up my mind easier!!!

Archived