Room across from self-serve laundry, anyone?

SoBaycruiser

Has anyone had a room across from the self-serve laundry? Did you find that people are noisy, despite the request to be considerate of nearby rooms? Is this a deal breaker for future rooms as far as you are concerned? Or did you find the self-serve laundry nearby a convenient plus? Any and all comments appreciated.

We had a stateroom across the hall and down about 15 feet from the laundry room on the old Crown Princess many years ago for a B2B 24 day cruise. We found it very convienent and never heard any noise to speak of coming from the laundry area.

It was so nice to pop across the hall to press something, or to check on laundry we were doing.

We had a stateroom across from the laundry on the Dawn, great location it was like having an extention to our stateroom

Sounds like the same room as we have been assigned on Dawn... if it was on the Baja deck. I am so happy to hear the positive feedback. Thanks so much for responding! I'm getting excited now.

I totally agree with all of the others. We have been across from or diagonal to the the laundry at least 3 times and have really enjoyed the convenience. Never noticed any noise.

Poster above (Coiran) is right on - beware the "cat fights".

Years ago (3-01) on Regal Princess, down on Plaza Deck, two women (they weren't ladies) got into a fist-fight over some perceived slight.

It was the only time we regretted being close to the laundromat.

Princess has some of the most soundproof cabins I have ever sailed in.

We have been near the laundry rooms several times and never had a problem. :)

Except for C624 on the Crown. Not near the laundry room but would not recommend this cabin to anyone!!! I have never had any problems with a cabin near the laundry room though. It's great having it close by.

Ok, I'll be the one to disagree. We were across from laundry on the Coral (which we loved!) on a 16 day full canal cruise. I think the length of the cruise had something to do with it because it was very busy and very loud. People using the laudry kept teh door propped open and wouldn not close it, even when asked. The location would be a deal breaker for us on a future cruise. In fact, since then we pick the cabin we want and in addition to checking what is above and below the room, we look for the laundry room.

Except for C624 on the Crown. Not near the laundry room but would not recommend this cabin to anyone!!! I have never had any problems with a cabin near the laundry room though. It's great having it close by.

Hey there Lauren!!! Why did you not like C624?

I have had cabins by the laundry rooms and have also never had a problem with noise.

We were across the hall from the laundry on the Crown (Emerald deck) a couple of weeks ago. We didn't hear any extra noise or notice a lot of extra passenger traffic. I agree with the others, that it was convenient to be able to check to see if any machines were available and be able to quickly grab our laundry from the room. The only complaint was that we had to check several times before a machine was available.

We had no problem being close to the laundry on the Sapphire, in fact, it was quite convenient. Sound does not escape from the closed doors. It was nice to pop in the dirty clothes, relax on the balcony, put the clothes in the driers, relax on the balcony, and then collect the clothes again. Beats hanging out in the laundry room because it is a long trip from your stateroom.

Has anyone had a room across from the self-serve laundry? QUOTE]

I think you should clarify which ship your interested in. while the rooms are soundproofed; newer ships have “air lock” doors. That is you enter from the hallway to a small space, then through a second door to the laundromat.

The idea is to keep the noise inside by keeping one door shut at all times.

We were in C608 on the Sapphire on the 29 day trip from Sydney to LA in April/May this year. It was right across from the laundry. We thought the laundry would be really busy being such a long cruise but we never heard a thing and it was wonderfully convenient. We loved it!

Hey there Lauren!!! Why did you not like C624?

I have had cabins by the laundry rooms and have also never had a problem with noise.

Hi Jamie. C624, 620, 621 and 625 are under the galley for roomservice. The noise was day and night. The worst was in the afternoon and from about 1-6am. You could here so much, especially when they would drop things and move thier carts across the floor. It's unfortunate that these 4 cabins are even there. How can they be expected to "not make too much noise"?

We were in C608 on the Sapphire on the 29 day trip from Sydney to LA in April/May this year. It was right across from the laundry. We thought the laundry would be really busy being such a long cruise but we never heard a thing and it was wonderfully convenient. We loved it!

Thanks! We are on Dawn in April 2009 for the Sidney to San Francisco trip. I was worried that people would use the laundry a lot on such a long trip.

How was your trip? Did you write a trip report? Do you have some "must sees" and "don't bother" excursions? How warm of clothes did you need for New Zealand in April. I wish Dawn went into LA (it's where we live) but we're just thrilled to have a room secured.

Well "AnotherCruise" and I had different experiences on the Coral. We were on for a 17 day full transit last month and must of gotten all the quiet people. I was in E703 just a couple of doors down and never heard anyone. It was great just to pop in and see if they were busy.

Dianne

We were on the Sydney - LA cruise earlier this year as well and had B709 which is almost opposite the Laundromat. No noise to speak of (except the squeaking bin lid in the middle of the night!!) and a great place to meet people and have a natter. Very convienient being opposite as well. Definately a plus point being near it.

Simon

Sea Fan,

We were E707, directly across. It wasn't the machines that made the noise, it was the people. we just had a loud group. They would prop the door open and then talk louder to be heard over the machines. This started early in the morning and lasted way past the time posted on the door. The discription of the new doors sounds like they have solved that problem. Sounds like it usually isn't a problem--and it shouldn't be. We loved everything about our cruise except the laundry room.

Hi Jamie. C624, 620, 621 and 625 are under the galley for roomservice. The noise was day and night. The worst was in the afternoon and from about 1-6am. You could here so much, especially when they would drop things and move thier carts across the floor. It's unfortunate that these 4 cabins are even there. How can they be expected to "not make too much noise"?

OH MY!!! Not good!! I will definitely put these cabins on the "NEVER BOOK" list!! I always question cabins above "white space" on the deck plans. Now I will have to look and see if there is "white space" above them! :eek: :eek:

It's unfortunate that these 4 cabins are even there.

It's hard to figure out what the thinking was with those cabins. ???

On our next trip, we have a cabin that's just a few doors down and across the hall from the laundry. I use the laundry quite a bit and it seems like it's always been quite far away, so I'm looking forward to finding out the answer to this question. :)

I actually wanted to make use of the laundry room on our upcoming cruise and it looks like I will have to schlep my clothes to another floor!:eek:

We are on the Lido deck on CB and the deckplan does not show a laundry room. I just assumed there was one on every floor.

Please tell me I'm wrong:confused:

I actually wanted to make use of the laundry room on our upcoming cruise and it looks like I will have to schlep my clothes to another floor!:eek:

We are on the Lido deck on CB and the deckplan does not show a laundry room. I just assumed there was one on every floor.

Please tell me I'm wrong:confused:

Jana,

Unfortunately it looks like you are right. And the laundry room on Riveria deck is aft! :eek:

Archived