All Things Enchantment of the Seas

emdia43, I just got off and have that question myself. I never once saw or heard the CD. Ok, Ok, so I didn't go to shows, but I did a lot of the activities (embarkation treasure hunt thingy, scavenger hunt, pool deck stuff, bingo, karaoke, trivia, Battle of the Sexes, etc). They were always led by different members of "the cruise director's staff". The overhead announcements were from the captain or members of the CD staff. On my conquest cruise we saw and heard the CD all the time.

Maybe on the Enchantment I just wasn't paying attention. Also, on the Conquest, the CD had a debarkation (or disembarkation, if you will) talk in the theater. On the Enchantment, it was just a video available for viewing on our stateroom tvs. Is that normal?

WEll I just sailed Majesty and it was a similar situation on board- saw the CD when he introduced the evening shows otherwise he was a no-show. I saw all the other members of his staff every day doing several jobs,but never saw him.

On every other cruise I have taken the CD is leading the team.......:D

I was on the Enchantment in Sept. The Cruise Director was Paul Rutter. We went to the shows, so we saw him at all the shows in the Orpheum, at Quest, at Love & Marriage, at Majority Rules, and by the pool for the Belly Flop contest. We thought he was very funny!

What do you all Enchantment cruisers do in Belize? I am torn between two things while there but cost is an issue. I would like to take a water taxi and go to Caye Caulker on our own but am concerned about travel time. That of course is only $15 pp round trip. Second option is the beach break to Bannister Island which is about $42 pp.

I was all set to pay the money for the ship excursion to Bannister Island but just had to go out a buy a new car one week after final payment. OUCH!

What do you all Enchantment cruisers do in Belize?

We're taking a cave-tubing tour. G reenwood Adventures is run by an American and his son. They get pretty good reviews so we're giving them a shot. (Had to throw in a space after the G. CC blanks the word otherwise for some reason.)

We've used C o r a l B r e e z e for our excursions. They have a wide variety of excursions and we've had nice experiences with them both times. We did snorkeling with lunch on Caye Caulker and cave tubing.

OTOH, the water taxi to Caye Caulker doesn't take too long and it's a great beach day. I think that would be an acceptable choice if it's the best for your budget. Just take the taxi back 2 hours before you need to be back on board. That gives you plenty of "cushion" so as not to miss the ship. :eek:

Question about key west ... will the bars be open in the morning/early afternoon? And if the ship sails at 2 pm what time is all aboard?

I'm not sure the bars in KW ever close. ;) But, yes, most are open in the morning. All aboard should be at 1:30, but it is sometimes earlier so pay attention to your Compass for the exact time.

Question about key west ... will the bars be open in the morning/early afternoon? And if the ship sails at 2 pm what time is all aboard?

Some of the bars will be open...On board at 1:30 PM, just enough time for a good Key West buzz!:D

BILL

So I did it ....

Changed from an inside to a balcony guarantee yesterday. It was only $380 more (better than the $520 more). RC dropped the price from 699 to 529 for a balcony. I couldnt help myself.

And Im not going to tell the hubby. Surprise him. Its our anniversay and his birthday a few weeks after the cruise. Thought it will be a nice treat. I told him last night that I upgraded us to an oceanview (so when we go to the cabin on the outside of the ship he wont think much about it.

I CAN WAIT to see the look on his face when he sees the balcony. Because of the 2 of us, he LOVES the balcony.

NOW IM VERY EXCITED!

BUT ... Whats the guarantee about? When do we find out which room we will have?

And thanks for the key west info!

A guarantee means they will assign you a balcony cabin anywhere on the ship. They could also upgrade you. Cabin assignments are usually done within a few days of booking, but it is possible you won't find out until you get to the pier. Just keep checking your reservation in "My Cruises" on the RC site and you will hopefully see your cabin number soon.

Good luck and I'll hope you get an upgrade. :D

BTW, congrats on the balcony. You need to come back and tell us how your dh loves the surprise. :cool:

I will. We have never had an inside room ... only balconies. And I could tell, that while he was excited, not as excited as previous cruises. Because of the room.

He LOVES going out there in the morning. And we are travelling with another couple so now we can do cocktail hour on our balcony!

Im going to keep watching for price drops too ... it happened once maybe it will happen again.

SO ... there is a chance we will get more than a regular balcony? I figured we would get the lowest balcony level. Still awesome though!

You must be on another itinerary because we are in Key West from 12:00 - 6:00. I think we will be missing the sunset activities though.

OTOH, the water taxi to Caye Caulker doesn't take too long and it's a great beach day. I think that would be an acceptable choice if it's the best for your budget. Just take the taxi back 2 hours before you need to be back on board. That gives you plenty of "cushion" so as not to miss the ship.

Are the water taxis pretty consistant in arrivals and departures?

I was on the Enchantment in Sept. The Cruise Director was Paul Rutter. We went to the shows, so we saw him at all the shows in the Orpheum, at Quest, at Love & Marriage, at Majority Rules, and by the pool for the Belly Flop contest. We thought he was very funny!

Paul Rutter is a great CD. I've cruised with him twice. The first time I hit all the shows and games and he was out there leading every one. Quest was a blast and he was too funny.

On my last cruise I didn't do all the stuff to see him, but I did see him around the ship. He's just as fun and friendly as ever.

He has been my favorite CD so far because he IS out there and involved and is friendly and approachable, too - a real regular guy who's good at what he does.

Are the water taxis pretty consistant in arrivals and departures?

From what I've read, they seem to run on schedule. However, I do not have any first hand experience. You should go to the Belize board in the Ports section and see what others have to say. HTH

You must be on another itinerary because we are in Key West from 12:00 - 6:00. I think we will be missing the sunset activities though.

Must be. We are there from 7 am to 2 pm. It REALLY stinks! We are just going to have to hit the bars at 9 am :)

Paul Rutter is a great CD. I've cruised with him twice. The first time I hit all the shows and games and he was out there leading every one. Quest was a blast and he was too funny.

On my last cruise I didn't do all the stuff to see him, but I did see him around the ship. He's just as fun and friendly as ever.

He has been my favorite CD so far because he IS out there and involved and is friendly and approachable, too - a real regular guy who's good at what he does.

Paul was the CD but only lead the Tivia games and Love and Marriage game.... Joshua and another guy (?) handled The Quest and stuff around the boat. He did introduce the shows though. We had a blast on Enchantment was so busy!!!!too much to do and see can't wait to go back. The weather was perfect in each port. we loved the Sea Turtle Snorkel! Monarch is replacing Sovereign next Nov when it gets sold to the Spanish fleet. I like Monarch too!

Must be. We are there from 7 am to 2 pm. It REALLY stinks! We are just going to have to hit the bars at 9 am :)

We enjoyed being there in the early morning. The town was peaceful. We were off early and walked to have a nice breakfast. We saw a lot and hit a bar, too. We ate keylime pie on a stick for lunch. :)

i was thinking of booking in feb on this ship. what coupons for this cruise are around? and where to get them? this cruise seems cheap for 5 days without coupons.

I had a coupon for my January cruise but it has since been taken off the Royal Caribbean website. I was also lucky enough to get a price reduction of $80 per person x 4. Nice savings.