All Things Enchantment of the Seas

We just went on the Enchantment (Sept 25-29, 2007). You gotta love her. She is not only bigger than her sister ships but also a little different (due to the "stretch"). It's hard to say whats best on her. The Solarium pool will come in handy for you. It is a nice adult only area. It was kinda warm and sticky when we went on but since you are going in a time when it is a little cooler it will be nice and warm for you. Staff is, throughout the ship, awsome. The most important part: ships activities are easily reachable. The EotS is very clean.

If you want to I can give you a link for my private PRE cruise site. I organized a family trip and put a little site up. I have some real awesome pictures of the 'stretch' in 2005.

You gonna enjoy her.

we leave this week--- can't wait. I'd love to have the link of the stretch!

Thanks

I doubt you would be invited in :D But you never know. Since I had heard so much about him and our room was close, I would pass by there a lot. You can "kind" of see in. The glass is frosted so you can see shadows. Julian was singing one time. It really didn't look like something that would be my thing but I am sure if you are regular cruisers you would enjoy it more.

I want to know how I can get into the conceirge lounge to met Julian after all the great things I've heard read and seen. There are no suites left on our cruise to upgrade to and I won't be a "diamond with C&A" until January. I'd love to do the Bridge tour also. We leave in four days on Thursday. We have 10-12 cabins meeting for drinks at our Meet and Mingle from our 10/18 roll call---any suggestions???? I thought I'd just pop up there and say I knew you guys and maybe he'd let us in anyway????

Dawn

January will come soon enough...and you will love the experience of JULIAN!

Until then, the best I think you will be able to do is stand outside the CL and listen! Good things are worth waiting for...but if you need a taste before Janauary...

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3038968060080875955vFIIPI

Enjoy your October cruise...you will LOVE your January cruise!:D

BILL

Just got off the Enchantment yesterday. If you buy the cruise DVD, it will include the stretch footage.

At our informal Meet and Mingle, Debbie told us that Julian had a family emergency and wouldn't be on our cruise. Don't know any more than that, though.

In Key West I suggest doing the trolley or train tour first, then trying to walk and doing things on your own. We didn't do a tour, and I never could find the Blond Giraffe.

Our cruise was fabulous. Our waiter, Putu from Indonesia was absolutely wonderful! He even got teary on the last night when he said goodbye to our daughter.

Wow! We just got off the Enchantment on the 8th and had an awesome time. Who knew a 4 night cruise could be so much fun. Most of that was due to Julian! So he was not on the 10-8 cruise? I wonder what happened. He ran down to the gangway as the white tag people were leaving to say goodbye. You should have heard the screams and shouts for Julian and everybody mobbed him to shake his hand and give him one last hug. What a great guy. The Enchantment's Concierge Lounge is way different from any other. What fun we had!

Oh....I found the Blond Giraffe all right! Awesome chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick! I had it all over my face and dripping down my arm! I felt like George Costanza!

The Enchantment is wonderful. I hope we can go back some time.

January will come soon enough...and you will love the experience of JULIAN!

Until then, the best I think you will be able to do is stand outside the CL and listen! Good things are worth waiting for...but if you need a taste before Janauary...

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3038968060080875955vFIIPI

Enjoy your October cruise...you will LOVE your January cruise!:D

BILL

Waiting is no fun and not sure if kids can go in with us sooo...I will atleast stop by and try to say hi for you all!

loved the photos from your groups trip!

This is our 5th cruise ... we will only be at platinum after this one! We cant wait to meet Julian as well but have little hope ...

We are going on the 4 night too, November 1. Cant wait.

A Chops question, how long does it take to dine? We want to go there the day we are in Cozumel (because we have early seating and dont want to come back to the ship early), plus its our anniversary. Think we can get reservations for that day or will it be booked up too quick?

This is our 5th cruise ... we will only be at platinum after this one! We cant wait to meet Julian as well but have little hope ...

A Chops question, how long does it take to dine? We want to go there the day we are in Cozumel (because we have early seating and dont want to come back to the ship early), plus its our anniversary. Think we can get reservations for that day or will it be booked up too quick?

If you go to Chops on embarkation day, I would hope you will be able to get a table. Be a little flexible with your requested time and go as soon as you board. I would plan on at least 2 hours for dinner. HTH

BTW, we plan on doing the same thing, for the same reasons. We are on the November 5 cruise. We'll wave at you as your disembarking! ;)

On embarkation day Chops had a desk on the deck where you embark. We went right up and we got the day and time we wanted. I would say to give yourself 2 hours to eat from appatizer to dessert. You'll need all the time you can get to digest!

Jumping on the bandwagon here! We are leaving on the Enchantment in 29 days and we are very excited. This is our first time on a larger ship ( have only sailed the Empress) and would like to hear from past Enchantment cruisers. What's the good, the bad and the ugly? ;) What is there that is not to miss on board? :cool: Please share your experiences on the Enchantment!

We sailed on the Enchantment in June and had one of our best cruises yet! The staff went out of their way to please and the ship was immaculate. We had an Owner's Suite that was beautiful and spacious with a large balcony. The Windjammer was the only thing that I didn't care for. The food was bland at best. The dining room was much better. The ship never had a crowded feel to it. I think you will be pleased with your cruise. Have Fun!:)

Can't wait to board in three days- Planning on making Chops reservations for one night, I have heard conflicting reports as to whether lobster is served in the dining room on a 4 nighter, I imagine they will know when we board the ship-

Hi Molly you are on our cruise--- come join our roll call for 10/18 we have been chatting for 2-3 months now and are planning to meet Thursday at 300pm at the Schooner bar for an informal Meet & Mingle.

Dawn

If you go to Chops on embarkation day, I would hope you will be able to get a table. Be a little flexible with your requested time and go as soon as you board. I would plan on at least 2 hours for dinner. HTH

BTW, we plan on doing the same thing, for the same reasons. We are on the November 5 cruise. We'll wave at you as your disembarking! ;)

We are planning chops on our anniversary dinner too and after Cozumel! I will beat ya on the ship though! TEE HEE

Hi Molly you are on our cruise--- come join our roll call for 10/18 we have been chatting for 2-3 months now and are planning to meet Thursday at 300pm at the Schooner bar for an informal Meet & Mingle.

Dawn

Yes I will be there!!! Hope to see you on the ship-

Laurie and Shirley - Thanks for the Chops info. We thought we would go there for the big 2 year anniversary .. guess we arent the only ones who celebrate our anniversary there!

We CANNOT WAIT to get on that ship! And everyone else is going to beat us to it! Now Im getting excited!

Hey all!

I just checked online and RC is having a sale on balconies for our 4 night sailing on Nov 1. We booked a large interior on deck seven (K) for $339 a person. We've only dont balconies before, but DH and I are trying to do this on the cheap. BUT, it is our anniversary.

The balconies are on sale for $599 a person. So it would cost us $520 more. Is a balcony worth $520 more on EOS on a 4 night cruise?

What should I do? I could always surprise him? But not sure if I want to spend the extra money. HELP!

We celebrated our anniversary at Chops last week after the day in Cozumel! Must be the hip thing to do ;) We had a 6:30 reservation, and we had a nice table by the window so we could see the lights of Cozumel as we sailed away. Gorgeous!

There wasn't a table set up in the main Centrum area when we boarded. I had to go to Chops to make the reservation. I got there about an hour after boarding started, and I was the first person to make a reservation. However, two hours later, there was a waiting list.

If you do find yourself on a waiting list and really want to eat there, try combining with another couple or two. There were several tables for 6 that were empty the whole night.

We are planning chops on our anniversary dinner too and after Cozumel! I will beat ya on the ship though! TEE HEE

Wish I was going so soon. But mine will be here in just three weeks. Now if we could just figure a way to never have to leave the ship . . .:eek:

Hey all!

I just checked online and RC is having a sale on balconies for our 4 night sailing on Nov 1. We booked a large interior on deck seven (K) for $339 a person. We've only dont balconies before, but DH and I are trying to do this on the cheap. BUT, it is our anniversary.

The balconies are on sale for $599 a person. So it would cost us $520 more. Is a balcony worth $520 more on EOS on a 4 night cruise?

What should I do? I could always surprise him? But not sure if I want to spend the extra money. HELP!

I had the same situation. We had booked the cheapest cabin and then some balconies opened up and I went for the upgrade. I really love having a balcony and decided to go for it since it's our anniversary. Can't tell you what to do. How much do you want it and what does your budget allow?

I just got back from the Enchantment. The "large interiors" on deck 7 aren't very large. If you really want something nice and bigger, but don't want to pay the money for a balcony, try the oceanviews all the way forward on Deck 7. We had 7006 and it was deeper than a balcony cabin (like the balcony space was included in the room square footage because the wall goes all the way out) and about twice as wide as an interior. The other few OVs aren't as big, but they are bigger in room SF than the balconies.