All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Paul Rutter is a great CD. I've cruised with him twice. The first time I hit all the shows and games and he was out there leading every one. Quest was a blast and he was too funny.

On my last cruise I didn't do all the stuff to see him, but I did see him around the ship. He's just as fun and friendly as ever.

He has been my favorite CD so far because he IS out there and involved and is friendly and approachable, too - a real regular guy who's good at what he does.

This makes me think Paul might have been ill or under the weather on our cruise. We saw a lot of Joshua and Wendy, but as I said before, I went to many activities and never saw Paul.

We are sailing on Thursday ... think we will have problems with Tropical Storm Noel? Going to Key West and Cozumel. Would love your thoughts :)

If the storm tracks as predicted, I think you should be fine. Of course, we will know better tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Marc Walker is now the CD- he was off on vacation for 10 weeks and returned for our 10/22 cruise. He was great- full of fun.

I thought the shows were so so- I was very bored with the Australian guy- his name won't come to mind, but his act was old cabaret style- tired- I almost fell asleep watching him so left...

but the RCCL dancers 'Don't stop the rock' show was great

He was on Day 3- I just found my Compasses- Greg Bonham, (Direct from Las Vegas) :D his show is called An Hour of Power with the Dynamic Australian Entertainer- yawn.......

the other shows were all good however, the first night there was a welcome aboard show followed by the comedy of Al Romas- he was very amusing. He also did a late night 'adult' comedy show on the last night of the cruise at 11.45 which was too late for me as I was packing etc.

Day 2 was The Dynamic voice and personality of Carla Capps- I didn't go to this but heard thru others comments that I didn't miss a thing....:D

Day 4 was the RCCL singers and dancers terrific show called Can't stop the Rock. That was worth seeing.

Someone asked this question on our roll call.Maybe someone here who's been "enchanted" could answer.We are taking a 7 nighter on the Enchantment 11/19/07.Does the Enchantment of the seas have a chocolate buffet,they are hoping(lol).I know most of her sailings are 4 and 5 nighters.So if they have one on a shorter sailing I'm sure they would have it on this one.Thank you for yor help.Mike.

What can you recent EOS cruisers tell me about the dinner menus in the dining room? I'm trying to figure out if we want to maybe skip formal night so we don't have to pack DH's suit. Also cuts back on two pairs of shoes. We plan on going to Chops one night and was thinking maybe formal night would be a good night to do that. I'd like to chose a night that would be least appetizing to me. I know on the Radiance a few years ago one night was like fish night so we skipped that. Is there something like that on EOS?

This makes me think Paul might have been ill or under the weather on our cruise. We saw a lot of Joshua and Wendy, but as I said before, I went to many activities and never saw Paul.

This is definitely a possibility. On my Enchantment cruise last April, Julian told me he had been unwell himself. That meant no extra fun in the Concierge Lounge. Anyone who might have been expecting that something extra wouldn't have gotten.

Even crew members aren't up to par at times. Sometimes they can work but not at full speed.

It was a great quest when Paul led ours a year ago August. He was certainly out there on our cruise.

Someone asked this question on our roll call.Maybe someone here who's been "enchanted" could answer.We are taking a 7 nighter on the Enchantment 11/19/07.Does the Enchantment of the seas have a chocolate buffet,they are hoping(lol).I know most of her sailings are 4 and 5 nighters.So if they have one on a shorter sailing I'm sure they would have it on this one.Thank you for yor help.Mike.

They had it last week the night before our sea day. Unfortunately, I'd already eaten too much at dinner to partake.

That was the 5 night from 10/22-10/27.

So excited!

My hubby and I have tried Princess, Carnival, Celebrity and RCCL, and Royal Caribbean is the winner!

Our last experience was on Navigator for 7 days, so I don't know what to expect from a 4-day Enchantment cruise, but I'm psyched!!! This time it's me and my best friend from high school celebrating the big 40.

We're booked on the April 24-28 to Key West and Cozymel.

I have two questions: Has Chankanaab (sp?) been rebuilt or is there a better beach to visit/snorkle in Cozymel?

I can't remember...does RCCL provide shampoo, conditioner,body lotion, etc in the staterooms?

Thanks for the input!

Has anyone heard the news that the ship might not make port this Thursday? We are supposed to begin our cruise but Ive heard rumor that she wont be able to make port because of the storm. What happens when they shorten your cruise by a day? Do you get a partial refund?

So excited!

My hubby and I have tried Princess, Carnival, Celebrity and RCCL, and Royal Caribbean is the winner!

Our last experience was on Navigator for 7 days, so I don't know what to expect from a 4-day Enchantment cruise, but I'm psyched!!! This time it's me and my best friend from high school celebrating the big 40.

We're booked on the April 24-28 to Key West and Cozymel.

I have two questions: Has Chankanaab (sp?) been rebuilt or is there a better beach to visit/snorkle in Cozymel?

I can't remember...does RCCL provide shampoo, conditioner,body lotion, etc in the staterooms?

Thanks for the input!

Chankanaab is back up and running normally now. There are several beach es along that road, have a look at Playa Mia, Paradise beach, Nachi Cocom, and read reviews of activities there.

Shampoo only in the bathroom, no lotions, slivers of soap bars....

Has anyone heard the news that the ship might not make port this Thursday? We are supposed to begin our cruise but Ive heard rumor that she wont be able to make port because of the storm. What happens when they shorten your cruise by a day? Do you get a partial refund?

No, I hadn't heard. Where did you find this out?

If they have to shorten your cruise, they usually do a partial refund and a discount on a future cruise. HTH

Thanks Shirley. Read it on the internet ... dont know how reliable it is. :)

Okay, RC now has a tropical update on their home page. They are expecting Enchantment to return to Port Everglades on Thursday as scheduled at this point. I would just check back there frequently for updates. Hoping it all works out for you. :)