All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Laurie,

I'm also sailing on the enchantment in July. What day are you leaving? I'm leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on July 12. I haven't been on the EOS since the refurbishment, but the last time that I was on her in 2004, my favorite part of the boat was the Solarium. It's on the back of the pool deck and it is just absolutely relaxing to me. The pizza place was also back there the last time I went on her. However, I don't know if they have moved it with the refurbishment now. The Solarium is supposed to be for adults only.

Cruisefanatic,

I'll see you on board on the 12th! Going on my first cruise post-divorce... Bringing my 8 year old veteran cruiser along, and he'll be hanging at Adventure Ocean. Can't Wait!!

We'll be on the Enchantment on 7/7. I'm starting to look at shore excursions, and I noticed on the RCI website there is a sunset cruise excursion listed for Key West, but our itinerary lists the time the ship leaves that port as 2:00 p.m.? Can any recent cruisers help out with port departure times?

• 1 month later...

Although I was on The Enchantment Dec '06, I cannot recall if there was a selfserve coffee bar where you could get (free) coffee anytime. We last sailed on The Explorer and loved the Cafe' Promanade with their little sandwiches, pizza, coffee and especially the COOKIES!!! DS will want to know where to get pizza, but my first concern is where to get the coffee... THEN the cookies!!!:p

I know, I know... there is always room service! :D

A~

Although I was on The Enchantment Dec '06, I cannot recall if there was a selfserve coffee bar where you could get (free) coffee anytime. We last sailed on The Explorer and loved the Cafe' Promanade with their little sandwiches, pizza, coffee and especially the COOKIES!!! DS will want to know where to get pizza, but my first concern is where to get the coffee... THEN the cookies!!!:p

I know, I know... there is always room service! :D

A~

There is coffee just outside the Windjammer. There is also coffee and pizza in the Solarium during the late evening.

I know it's adult only and there is a little food venue there.

I would love to know more about it. Is it a good place to catch some rays or is it darker in there because of the roof?

The roof is usually open during the day, and even if it is closed, there is still plenty of sun by the pool. I loved the Solarium! It was my favorite place on the Enchantment!

Ha...I found the thread. I started my own for goodness sakes! Some popped a link in there for this. Great thread, we are on in a month. I always have 8 mo to a year to plan for a cruise....we just booked and I am a researchaholic right now...

Ha...I found the thread. I started my own for goodness sakes! Someone popped a link in there for this. Great thread, we are on in a month. I always have 8 mo to a year to plan for a cruise....we just booked and I am a researchaholic right now...

Leaving on the Enchantment on July 7. . . . haven't been on it since our honeymoon cruise (June, 2000). Hope it's still as great as I remember it from 8 years ago!!

Looking forward to those fries in the Solarium (ok, I know that's sad).

Leaving on the Enchantment on July 7. . . . haven't been on it since our honeymoon cruise (June, 2000). Hope it's still as great as I remember it from 8 years ago!!

Enchantment is still GREAT:D

We were on her in May and booked another for October!!!

I know what you mean about the fries! I am still trying to work them all off :p

ENJOY!!

I hope MN doesn't mind me going ahead and answering..we docked downtown near Duval Street (near the Westin). It's beautiful.

We just walked in the door at home after being "bumped" on our flight yesterday..it did equal 1200.00 Delta Dollars- so hey - had to go for it! We had many, many travelers in our hotel that were stranded trying to get to/thru Texas yesterday.

Anyway, that puts me very behind on getting pictures uploaded! I promise it's worth the wait.

Great Pictures. My DH and I sail in 2 weeks(7/17) and have a balcony room. What room number were you in? We are planning on eating at CHOPS for my birthday, did you eat there? I can't wait now!

Ya gotta go to Chops. Best meal of the whole cruise and none of the meals were anything but good.

Thanks! We've never eaten at Chops(There weren't any on the ships we've been on before). We ate at Portofino on Empress last year and it was terrific. I'm looking forward to Chops, even though I'll miss formal night in the main dining room.

My boyfriend and I are going on that cruise as well! Looking forward to the fries, as long as I'm not too full from the rest of the food.

Counting down the 11 days until DH and I board Enchantment!

We were on her for our first cruise 2 years ago and that trip got us hooked on cruising. Chops was the best. We'll be having dinner there one night on our cruise as well.

DS andI were on Enchantment (5 nights with stops in Georgetown and Cozumel) and had a blast. DH and I are sailing in November stopping in Keywest, Belize and Cozumel - I can't wait.

Each ship I've taken has been more interesting than the last. Enchantment is really enchanting. The Centrum is a wonderful space and I love all the different pool areas.

I am definitely going to try the bungee trampoline in Nov. :eek: