All Things Enchantment of the Seas

I am suprising my wife with a cruise on the Enchantment 8/14 (20 year :eek: Anniversary). I was thinking of booking Chops one night for a special dinner. I know the second night is the formal night so that is out. What is the menu on the first, third night and fourth nights? Also, I'm trying to figure out how the time difference factors in if I book Chops on the 3rd night (Cozumel)? Thanks. BTW, new to RCL but already excited about the expected experience!:)

I am suprising my wife with a cruise on the Enchantment 8/14 (20 year :eek: Anniversary). I was thinking of booking Chops one night for a special dinner. I know the second night is the formal night so that is out. What is the menu on the first, third night and fourth nights? Also, I'm trying to figure out how the time difference factors in if I book Chops on the 3rd night (Cozumel)? Thanks. BTW, new to RCL but already excited about the expected experience!:)

I would recommend the 3rd night. You don't want to do it the fourth night, because that's the last night and you want to be in the DR to distribute your tips and say goodbye to your table mates and servers. You don't want to do it the first night because that's the night you meet your table mates and servers and begin to get acquainted. 2nd night is formal so that leaves the 3rd night. The ship will be on local time, you set your clocks back an hour the night before, so I don't really see that as a factor. Whatever time you want to eat, just make your reservation.

BTW, congratulations on your anniversary and what a wonderful surprise!

• 11 months later...

Were on EOS 8/8 for a 5 nighter.

I was looking for all must see and do not miss things on this ship.

I know there are past EOS sailers with opinions....let's hear em!

Teflonjeff

Edited by teflonjeff
Left off Signature

As always - Quest.

There is some spectacular art on this ship. If you are the least bit interested in that sort of thing, really pay attention as you walk around the ship, especially in the area around the stairs.

This ship has a bungee jumping trampoline. I'm waaaaaaay too chicken to do it, but it did look like fun!

Enjoy!

WOW...lots of great info.

So glad this thread was brought back to life!

I'll be sailing Enchantment for the first time next month and assigned balcony cabin 7518. Anyone who's stayed in or around it have any info, specifically noise due to theatre below???

Thanks in advance!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Does anyone know who the current CD is?

As of the New England cruise October 7, Carly Boileau assumed CD duties on Enchantment. We were on the Bermuda Cruise prior to this cruise and met Carly on the ship. We saw her at the repeaters party and had a wonderful chat with her. We had two Alaskan cruises on the Serenade with her and she is really great.

Dion and Teri

Can adults use that bungee trampoline? What's the max weight?

I read that adults can use it but the max weight is 200lbs and that there is a scale there to weigh you before getting on LOL. I can't imagine weighing in like the biggest looser just to get on it :) That said, I still want to go on :)

As of the New England cruise October 7, Carly Boileau assumed CD duties on Enchantment. We were on the Bermuda Cruise prior to this cruise and met Carly on the ship. We saw her at the repeaters party and had a wonderful chat with her. We had two Alaskan cruises on the Serenade with her and she is really great.

Dion and Teri

Carly was our CD on our Oct 9th cruise, we sailed with her on the Rhapsody and she is wonderful! She brings a lot of enthusiasm and humor to any cruise!

I read that adults can use it but the max weight is 200lbs and that there is a scale there to weigh you before getting on LOL. I can't imagine weighing in like the biggest looser just to get on it :) That said, I still want to go on :)

I was about 215 pounds when I used it. This was over four years ago, so I don't remember if there was a scale or not. It was a whole lot of fun, and I didn't even go all that high!

Incidentally, I used it while we were docked in port. I've heard that it is often closed when the ship is at sea, due to wind.

Thanks for revieing this thread. We have a long wait until our Enchantment cruise in August 2011, but we are already excited!

We are on deck 8 midway between the central and front elevators. Will we have a lot of noise from the pool deck above? We prefer a junior suite as we travel with our two boys (ages 13 & 7) so our location choices were limited. . .

Thanks for any info!

Just an FYI....... Diego Tripaldi, the current Concierge on EN is leaving on November 4 and going to the Mariner. He is being replaced by our dear friend Reyno Varkevisser who was the Concierge on Oasis for the last year.

We are thrilled that we will get to see him on our December 27th cruise......and that RCI finally granted his request and is giving him his own lounge.

Edited by cruisenfever

We've only had the shampoo stuff that's in the shower and a small bar of soap. No lotion or conditioner. However, we have asked our room steward for lotion and he brought us some. I bring small bottles of shampoo and a large bar of soap for the shower with me. I don't like the stuff that's in the dispenser in the shower.

We stay in JS.

Edited by dixieva

Recent cruisers - could you give me some info about what amenities are provided in the bathroom. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion?

(we are in a jr suite)

Thanks

Here is a what is supposed to be provided for those staying in a JS......

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Here is a what is supposed to be provided for those staying in a JS......

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

We were on her in Oct for the Canada cruise, worst experience we've ever had! This was because of the type of cruise, large(think huge) population of elderly folks! Whole cruise was geared to them, early seating dinner moved to 5:30pm, over an hour standing in lines for shows, nothing in sight but old folks dozing in all the chairs! I am 100% sure that a cruise to the Caribbean would be totally different and fun! Younger crowd, lively music,etc. The ship was stretched but not public areas so long lines ensued. Besides the old folks would sit @ the end of a row in theater and block off seats using their canes!! Seriously! Ship is in pretty bad shape, halls to cabins dingy with torn carpets, stains on carpet & furniture and rails without stain/varnish, bare wood-watch out for splinters! Great staff who are aware of issues but hands are tied to fix them. We had an aft JS and it was so tiny! Walk in closet & full bath was great, but that didn't make up for the tiny, crowded cabin! We will not take a chance on sailing on this ship again, no matter where it goes! We were not expecting the Freedom or Oasis, but we definitely were not expecting what we got! Sad that such a wonderful staff from Captain Ban down to maintenance has to endure this. Hopefully the caribbean experience will be "sunnier" for this ship and those of you who sail on her will have a better time.

• 3 weeks later...
John Blair will be the CD on Enchantment. I believe he begins his contract sometime in November. His wife Katrina will be the Activities Director.

Just got off the Enchantment over the weekend. Carly is stll the cruse director. Was told John and Katrina Blair wll begin sometime in January. We were talkng wth someone from the cruise directors staff who asked f we knew of them from sailng on the Grandeur last year.

Just got off the Enchantment over the weekend. Carly is stll the cruse director. Was told John and Katrina Blair wll begin sometime in January. We were talkng wth someone from the cruise directors staff who asked f we knew of them from sailng on the Grandeur last year.

Thanks that is good to know. I was told they would be boarding when Captain Rob takes over the controls when Captain Srecko goes on vacation.

We will get to meet Carly then when we board in December. :D