Formal night transatlantic /caribbean

aggietd

Please can you help me, I have read about P&O's four Formal nights etc, but I have also read that the Caribbeean is much less formal. My question is how about the transatlantic/caribbean, can those who have done them please let us know. I do hope there will be formal nights as I love the excuse to dress up!

I have read that there are still formal nights with tux BUT the semi formal (informal ) night is more relaxed and more like smart casual , in other words you don't need to wear a jacket and tie on these nights. As there is weight restriction for fly-cruise and the fact it is hot out there, you only need to take your tux and smart casual clothes.

Do go to 'onboard forum' part of the p and o site 'cruise connections', there is a 'dress code' section which has lots of questions and answers on.

Sue

I think P&O dispensed with "Informal" in the Caribbean some time ago. I've just checked on our last Caribbean on Arcadia Nov '06 and it was 4 Formal and 10 Smart Casual.

Hope that is of some help.

David

Sorry, didn't reaod the OP properly. Caribbean/Transatlantic. The old Arcadia Farewell (which I think was our most recent P&O transatlantic) was 4 Formal and 8 Smart Casual or themed variations.

David

Please can you help me, I have read about P&O's four Formal nights etc, but I have also read that the Caribbeean is much less formal. My question is how about the transatlantic/caribbean, can those who have done them please let us know. I do hope there will be formal nights as I love the excuse to dress up!

Hi Aggietd,

Yes on your Southampton to Barbados cruise you will have 4 formal and 10 smart casual.

P&O changed this to save having to carry heavy jacket on the plane and because it is very hot in the Caribbean.

There will be a tropical night late in the cruise so the men can show off their loud shirts they have just bought:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Hi

Is it likely to be the same for our cruise on Ventura for 2 weeks Caribbean-Barbados - Barbados - i.e. 4 formal and 10 smart casual?

Thank you

Gail

Yes all Caribbean cruises are the same ie. no informal nights.:cool:

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

We have done 4 transatlantic to Barbados with P & O from Southampton and we did have semi formal nights.The last one was last year on Oceana.

Perhaps they have chaged it this year, I am not sure.

We have done 4 transatlantic to Barbados with P & O from Southampton and we did have semi formal nights.The last one was last year on Oceana.

Perhaps they have changed it this year, I am not sure.

Yes they have we were on Arcadia in Oct and no informal nights.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Perhaps they have changed it this year, I am not sure.

We also had informal on this years Aurora Christmas Cruise to the Caribbean from Southampton and back.

It used to be only fly cruises to the Caribbean that didn't have Informal to help with the restricted luggage.

IMO it's a shame if they have stopped informal for Caribbean cruises from Southampton.

Mel

Archived