Tell me your favorite things about Sovereign! :)

We're really looking forward to our Sovereign experience in January...I'd love to hear your favorite things about this fabulous ship!!

DH and I are really looking forward to experiencing a smaller ship...hopefully it won't be bombarded with children. We strategically seleceted to sail on Jan. 14th thinking most will have just returned to school from winter break. Smart move?

We love the Sovereign for a short 4 nt. cruise. The crew are so friendly and the food is above average in our opinion...We booked a Superior Oceanview this last time and is worth the extra $$ for more space!

Enjoy, you will have a wonderful time...Later, Jill:cool:

we enjoyed having the option of casual dinner in the windjammer--DS and his friend were 10, tough enough to get them into polo shirts and khakis the other nights for dinner, so formal night we opted out and enjoyed the windjammer.

enjoyed having a basketball court, which even the vision class dont have, because the basketball court is DS's deal-breaker--if no court, we can't take him or he'd be miserable.

and love cruising out of convenient and relatively easy to drive-to Port Canaveral.

She is great for a 3 night. We take her every year. Staff is very friendly, and yes the rooms are small b/c she is older and there are no safes, but it is only for a few nights. We usually go over Labor Day, and even then we don't see tons of kids, so you should be fine. Don't miss the Caribbean Pool Party one night - usually the second night out. Lots of food and great decorations made out of food, etc. Even if you aren't hungry, it is great to see and the music is always good. Enjoy, we are on countdown to Aug 31st for Labor Day!!:)

The Sovereign has been refurbished since we sailed on her so I can't tell you about the new "stuff".

We enjoyed the midnight buffet up on deck the night we were in Nassau. Even if you were not hungry, it was just a fun environment. Everyone was having a good time. The night scene in Nassau too getting ready to leave was nice.

Other than that, the staff was very pleasant (the first officer on our cruise was VERY pleasant to look at :)

We sailed on the Sovereign in September and I don't recall a lot of kids being on board.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! I just booked a 4-night cruise on the Sovereign for next June and I can hardly wait!

Hey we went on the SOV in November with family that have never cruised before and they LOVED it! We are going again in September. We are from Iowa so we have a long way to travel and need a short conveneint cruise to hit. It is perfect. Port Canaveral is easy to get to and the SOV fits the bill for food, fun and service. The price is always right, and I think the food is great. The new bedding is nice and the staff is friendly Positive enough for ya? I really mean it too!!!!!

There are many wonderful things about this trip. Port Canaveral is awesome! Always a breeze with embarkation and disembarkation. The port is close enough for us to drive down the day before and hop on ship the next morning; then we are able to drive home the day we get back into port. The crew onboard is spectacular! Everyone I have encountered is so friendly from the cabin steward to the bar waiters to the dining room staff! Service with a smile is what they deliver! The ship is older and smaller but still has a lot left to offer. 3 times on the ship in the past year and still haven't experienced all it has to offer. Love hanging out on the pool deck! You can't miss the pool party!! The awesome bar waiters from the pool deck put on a show for you!! Senor Frogs in Nassau is another must to experience at least once! We enjoyed the comedian this past cruise as well. Everyone has also said the dualing pianos are a must see....maybe next time! Enjoy your trip!

Well, the best thing about the Sovereign is that is sails from PC, IMHO.

We do love the ship, she was our "first", and will probably be booking her again in the future since the Mariner is leaving.

My favorite place on the Sovereign is the Viking Crown Lounge, day or night. It is very peaceful during the day, and a great place for a martini and some (not very loud) music at night, while watching the water below you.

It's fun and the crew are great. Also, the Cruise Director is a local guy from the Orlando area...Marc Walker.

Not trying to pick a fight, and maybe I missed something tongue in cheek, but isn't Marc from Great Britain? I've been on two of his cruises and spoken to him personally, thought he mentioned to DW that he still had a place in London.

I actually fell in love with Cruisin on the Sovereign!! Several years ago! I can still remember my waiter's name, Malcom. All the waiters and assistants were awesome. So friendly, without being obtrusive. I'm sure we will cruise again on the SOS someday, and looking foward to seeing how they stretched her...

THe SOV was our first RC cruise and the first cruise for our kids, 6 & 7 and they had a blast! We went 5/7/07 and there were hardly any kids on board. When we took the kids to AO (which they LOVED and we couldn't keep them out off) there were never more than 12 kids or so there. We never saw kids running around or anything either. This is a great ship and a great cruise and we would sail it again. Things we liked was the Windjammer, the food was good and there is ALWAYS something for everyone to eat. The dining room was also very nice and hubby and I liked that if you did not want what were the specials for the night they had an alternative menu and there is always something for everyone there too. We have only been on two cruises, this one and a Carnival one, but there is always something to do!! We had a blast, hope you do too! BTW we were on deck nine in a sov and the four of us had plenty of room.

Not trying to pick a fight, and maybe I missed something tongue in cheek, but isn't Marc from Great Britain? I've been on two of his cruises and spoken to him personally, thought he mentioned to DW that he still had a place in London.

Yes you are right, but he lives in the Orlando area now. He is a great guy.

OH I really enjoyed the Sovereign, ESPECIALLY after having tried a quick weekend getaway on the Carnival Sensation.

I LOVED the Windjammer for dinner one night; found a pasta station where you could create your own pasta dish. Wish I had found that the first night; might have skipped the Dining Room altogether:-)

Johnny Rocket's is a nice touch, too, for variety.

OH, we also enjoyed Brett the Bingo caller guy! Is he still onboard?

Tammy

There are many wonderful things about this trip. Port Canaveral is awesome! Always a breeze with embarkation and disembarkation. The port is close enough for us to drive down the day before and hop on ship the next morning; then we are able to drive home the day we get back into port. The crew onboard is spectacular! Everyone I have encountered is so friendly from the cabin steward to the bar waiters to the dining room staff! Service with a smile is what they deliver! The ship is older and smaller but still has a lot left to offer. 3 times on the ship in the past year and still haven't experienced all it has to offer. Love hanging out on the pool deck! You can't miss the pool party!! The awesome bar waiters from the pool deck put on a show for you!! Senor Frogs in Nassau is another must to experience at least once! We enjoyed the comedian this past cruise as well. Everyone has also said the dualing pianos are a must see....maybe next time! Enjoy your trip!
No, I'm afraid that you won't.......the Dueling Pianos are gone, cancelled, no more.

I love SOS as she was also my first. Have been 3 more times since that. My favorite place to people watch is the Schooner Bar. I love the Viking Crown Lounge for the view and quiet time. A nice place to read during the day. During our stop in Nassua I usually stay on board and enjoy the pool deck. I also like the port specials the spa offers. Coco Cay is a nice relaxing day with good food. We never miss the barbecue!

Enjoy your trip!

When did they cancel Dueling Pianos? We were on the Sovereign last month and saw them twice.

Alas, yes, on June 4, the last one walked off the Monarch and the Sovereign, never to return. (I know, never say never, but that seems to be RC's intention).

Alas, yes, on June 4, the last one walked off the Monarch and the Sovereign, never to return. (I know, never say never, but that seems to be RC's intention).

Now I'm really bummed. We booked the Sovereign again for September 28 and were really excited about seeing them. I'm sure we'll find something else to do.

Archived