What makes a good cruise

dmb814

Diane, there is not one best cruise line and that is because many of the cruise lines cater to different interests and of course there is a difference in cost. So, what I might like someone else does not. For example, we like to get dressed up for Formal Nights and semi formal nights so we look for cruise lines that offer that. But, someone else might not care to dress up and they might prefer a cruise line that is more casual.

For us, in the Luxury cruising market we prefer Crystal and Seabourn.

In the Premium Market we prefer Celebrity.

It's been a while since we sailed on a Mass Market Cruise line but at the time we prefered Princess.

What do we look for in a good cruise. In the end for us it comes down to the itinerary, the cruise ship, the passengers and the crew. We want a cruise with a great itinerary and one that has wonderful food, daytime activitites, outstanding service and good evening entertainment.

Keith

I'll answer the easy part first; Norwegian is my favorite simply because I completely enjoy Freestyle Cruising. The commercials hit it right on the head; "whenever, whomever, whatever". Totally works for me!

I've done non-freestyle too and just prefer not to have to haul all the necessary formal accessories. Not to mention the time constraints for dining, same people every night, etc.

Yet, if you want to dress up you certainly can, which I usually do (when I want to)!

What makes a good cruise?

YOU do. It's already a great thing, it's up to you to make it wonderful and go with the flow. I've found the more you research ports/excursions the better prepared you are to enjoy the itinerary.

Happy Sailing!!!

As already stated ..there is not one best overall...what is the BEST for us may not be the best for you or other people

For us... we enjoy no formal nights, good food, open dining (sit whenever, with different people) and limited smoking areas.

We also prefer the smaller ships less than 1000 passengers

Our favourite line is Oceania

Our favorite cruise line is Oceania. We love the small size of the ships, the port intensive itineraries, the tourist information reps from each port who onboard each morning, the wonderful staff, the limited smoking, the excellent food, the open seating dining with no charge for specialty restaurants, the lack of formal nights. It's just a really good fit for us.

Archived