Rather embarrassing liquor question.

kennetro

If you don't want to smuggle your alcohol, Princess does sell packages of 375 ml bottles with 3 cans of mixer. The bourbon package includes Jim Beam and 3 cans of Coke for $19.50. I figure that's enough for six drinks.

last time i went I bought 10 packs of minibottles...don't have to worry about them breaking, and you can get a variety. Also easy to put a couple in your pocket to carry around so you don't have to go back to the cabin everytime you want a refill.

We are manhatten drinkers and have cruised the exotics quite a bit.

It's been our experience that Kentucky sippin' bourbon is not easy to find in other parts of the world..and if you do it's really expensive.

I believe they only have Jack Daniels on board..yipes...not my choice.

We always pack ours just like others have mentioned...in the middle of the suitcase and wrapped in clothing. Never had a breakage problem.

Good thing about starting out in Rome is that finding sweet vermouth will NOT be a problem! Try finding that in Singapore or Vietnam!

I'd also buy a bunch of Italian table wines to bring on board. They are wonderful and really inexpensive. We'd bring a different one down to the dining room every night for dinner. Depending on the waiter..sometimes we'd be charged a $10 corkage fee (still much cheaper than the Princess wines) and sometimes not..but the fun was sampling a different Italian wine every night. Ah....brings back great memories.

There's nothing better than having a cocktail on the balcony before dinner and watching the world go by!

Enjoy your trip!

Is made from fermented grape pits and has the taste of hi test gasoline. Let me say that it is an aquired taste. Much stronger than other after dinner drinks and is rarely mixed with anything including ice. Most whiskeys are very expensive in Europe unless you find it in duty free at the airport. I would bring a couple of bottles if you have a long cruise. On last cruise Carnival had Blanton's on most bars. That's my favorite but it runs about $40 a 750.

If you don't want to smuggle your alcohol, Princess does sell packages of 375 ml bottles with 3 cans of mixer. The bourbon package includes Jim Beam and 3 cans of Coke for $19.50. I figure that's enough for six drinks.

One problem with this service is that I do not like Jim Beam, for my sipping whiskey! Nor do I really need any mixer!

So, because of this, I am taking two 750 ML bottles of my favorite Kentucy sipping whiskey, in my check in luggage. 'Woodford Reserve.' :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrot_&_Graham_Distillery

I have purchased the Vodka package from room service; however, I'm not that particular on Vodka brands. Again the mixer, was really uneeded, as we use Clamato with our Vodka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamato

Favortie with Vodka.: Bloody Caesar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Caesar

We are also Bourbon Drinkers, and do like several other posters-buy a Plastic bottle, and put in bubble wrap in checked suitcase. Leave whats left for Cabin stewart. We are not cheap, but they do not have "our" brand on any of the Ships we have sailed. We do buy other "foo-foo" drinks while on board, but enjoy "our" brand too.

I don't care for Jack, either.....Jim Bean is okay, but "Early Times" is my drink of choice, so I just sneak a little bottle in my luggage until the cruiselines start offering it, which is probably not going to happen.....:D

I would LOVE to call room service (as I have in the past) and order a liter of Bombay Sapphire sent to the cabin at whatever price Princess wanted to charge.

But the Gordon's gin 375ml package might be suitable for sand flea bites; but not for dirnking. :D

Mike:)

Ok, here's my solution. Why not put the bourbon in an empty red wine bottle? Just fill, recork, put some colored foil over the cork and there you have it. Princess allows wine to be brought on board, so it wouldn't be confiscated.

Often times, we are reduced to bringing bourbon onto the ship since they often do not have premium brands. HAL and Celebrity have Maker's Mark and Knob Creek, sometimes even Bookers or Blanton's. Interesting to hear that Carnival has Blanton's. On the Crown Princess last month, the best I could do was Wild Turkey and on Norwegian Dawn, Jim Beam.

We still buy our drinks outside of the cabin, but having your own supply in-cabin is very nice. We use plastic liquor bottles we got from some stores that pack flat, lightweight and are low observable on x-rays.

We pack the unopened flask shaped plastic bottles in the checked in luggage. I think it is Early Times.

That's exactly what we take. That 1.75 "Plastic Flask" is easy to pack. It's what I also take on Harley trips. Fits perfectly in the saddle bag.

Gosh I sound like an alchy, but honestly I only drink on trips. Well, mostly. :D

Thanks to EVERYONE for the replies (and the good laughs too!) I've also decided to try EVERYTHING that everyone has mentioned. ...But now will someone please offer to CARRY me off of the ship? LOL

I wish you all wonderful trips!

Archived