Luggage restrictions LAX to Rome-Stockholm to LAX

SoCalGal

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere on these boards, but would like to know if we are allowed 2 suitcases apiece not more than 50 lbs. per suitcase and one carry-on apiece on overseas flights. This was the allowables on our last cruise Vancouver to Alaska from LAX.

Every airline has its own individual luggage policies. You don't state what airlines you are flying, so I can't say with authority or even supposition. Also, all airlines have their baggage policy on their websites, so you can get the information directly from them. That's what you will have to abide by in the end.

Yes, each airline has their own rules. The majority of the US Based airlines do allow two checked bags with each bag not to exceed 50 lbs each and one carry on piece and one personal piece (eg., computer or purse).

But, your best bet is to go to the web site for your airline to see the specific regulations or to call them.

Also, if your flight involves another carrier when you get over to Europe confirm that the regulations are the same. If it has been booked as one ticket through the US carrier the restrictions should be the same.

Keith

We will be using our FF miles on Delta for First-Class tickets, but not sure who they might be partnered with overseas. I know that Delta allows two bags 50 lbs. each bag and one carry-on per person. Thanks guys, I'll check with the airline when I'm ready to book.

We will be using our FF miles on Delta for First-Class tickets, but not sure who they might be partnered with overseas. I know that Delta allows two bags 50 lbs. each bag and one carry-on per person. Thanks guys, I'll check with the airline when I'm ready to book.

Primary European Delta partners-Alitalia (for Rome), KLM (for Copenhagen), possibly Air France and Virgin.

IF you hold Delta FF tickets for the entire trip, you will be allowed Delta luggage allowance (2 bags/50 pounds each pp). HOWEVER, IF by chance you have to transfer for your European flight in the UK, you will ONLY be allowed ONE carryon piece, NO MATTER what airline booked your tickets. That is a UK restriction. Leave enough room for your "personal" carryon in your carryon (roller bag) suitcase or you will be checking EVERYTHING.

Primary European Delta partners-Alitalia (for Rome), KLM (for Copenhagen), possibly Air France and Virgin.

IF you hold Delta FF tickets for the entire trip, you will be allowed Delta luggage allowance (2 bags/50 pounds each pp). HOWEVER, IF by chance you have to transfer for your European flight in the UK, you will ONLY be allowed ONE carryon piece, NO MATTER what airline booked your tickets. That is a UK restriction. Leave enough room for your "personal" carryon in your carryon (roller bag) suitcase or you will be checking EVERYTHING.

I'm not quite understanding what you're saying. I know that you're only allowed ONE carry-on each no matter what airline you're on...are you talking about your purse too? I always combine my purse with my carry-on anyway.

I'm not quite understanding what you're saying. I know that you're only allowed ONE carry-on each no matter what airline you're on...are you talking about your purse too? I always combine my purse with my carry-on anyway.

Purse, laptop bag, camera bag, small backpack, etc. are all considered "personal items". In the UK you are only allowed ONE carryon item-not like the USA and most of the world-carry on suitcase + "personal item".

I know that you're only allowed ONE carry-on each no matter what airline you're on...are you talking about your purse too?
Yes, as greatam says: A purse or handbag counts as one carry-on bag, however big or small it is. As the limit is one bag, if you have a purse or handbag you cannot take any other bag through the security checkpoint. The only way around it is to put your purse/handbag inside the other carry-on bag, making sure that the overall size of the bag remains within the limits.

Archived