Mad at Seabourn Itinerary Changes

avalon1025

This cruise is one of the, if not the, least expensive Seabourn cruise of the year. I would be more than happy - if I had the time - to take this cruise, plant myself in various locations on the deck, never get off the ship and consider myself lucky.

There are many cruises that have changes in itineraries, a remarkable number where ports are abandoned at the last minute because of weather/tendering issues, etc.

And while it is true that this particular cruise isn't going to win any awards for "best itinerary", it was never in the running for same. I am sure it will be, however, still in the running for "best service", "best food", etc.

I completely agree with you Eric, especially regarding the above mentioned!

How could you not love any Seabourn cruise, even if it is one around all the "oh so boring......." caribbean islands! If you only think of reliving the beach BBQ.........

Yeah, yeah...I want one too. And I'm not even booked on that cruise!

Come on, join us on the Legend September 29th. You'll have such a good time you won't even think about St. Thomas. (I wouldn't think about St. Thomas anyway;) )

You missed the best deal-- Caribbean Highlights Feb 27--March 9--ii days. When it was a Club Special it was $3648--now it's off the Club list! The itinerary even with the changes from San Juan and St John's to Tortola and T and C is still great! Don

I do not doubt your judgment. But can you please explain why you dislike Tortola?

Thanks.

The soul destroying walk from the pier to town, past some of the worst market stalls you could ever see.When you get to town (if you last that long) the shops are dreadful. you kick yourself and take the long walk back in the searing heat and thank the lord when you get back on the ship.Oh boy what an island.

This particular cruise isn't going to win any awards for "best itinerary"

That is a very subjective opinion which is not universally shared, so I'll offer mine since I've taken the original itinerary twice.:D

Barbados is one of the nicer islands to spend a day or two before a cruise. St. Barth's and Virgin Gorda/Prickly Pear are both GREAT - St. Barth's for the high-end shopping, picture-postcard harbour and pristine beaches ... Virgin Gorda for "The Baths" and the excellent Seabourn Experience beach party. Disembarking at Port Everglades leaves you practically at the end of the FLL runway making for a very easy ship-to-plane transfer in the rush home for Christmas. A "sea" day at the beginning and two "sea" days at the end make for a relaxing experience and a chance to participate in the Seabourn bloodsport known as Trivia.

In my opinion, the half day in St. Thomas was the only weak link and the four-hour early morning stop at Grand Turk doesn't appear to be an improvement. It's that pesky "third port" which Seabourn needs to work on.

johnny

It is not as though I said it would be pain beyond belief to endure such places. Yes, of the Caribbean islands those three are toward the top of the list, but I would quickly take, say, Santorini, over any of them without a second thought.

We docked in Grand turk on the Regent in March. There was a good morning snorkel trip, I would recommend it for those that enjoy it. We ate abord ship and then a group of us took a taxi around the island, not great but better than the commercial strip center that was created for cruise ships.

Archived