If you could change one thing about RCI...

cs

...what would it be?

I'm sure everyone has at least one (even if small) thing that they would change. What would you change?

The food in the main dinning room! It is not bad, but it could be better...Once upon a time it was.....Oh, sooooooooo gooooooooood!:)

BILL

The ONE and ONLY thing I really liked about Princess was the laundry room/facilities.

Would love for RCCL to incorporate those during "dry dock" and on new ships.

I thought I would miss the laundry rooms from Princess and Carnival. Previous to sailing on RCCL, when we boarded and received our luggage we would pull everything out that needed pressing and I would haul the items to the laundry room and get all my ironing done right away so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Depending on how things arrived sometimes I was down there for an hour.

Now that we are loyal RCCL cruisers, we unpack, make a little pile for the pressing service, send them off and while we are enjoying ourselves all my ironing is getting done.

Don't miss those laundry rooms one bit!!!!

I never could understand the obsession with laundry rooms! I don't like doing laundry at home so I sure don't want to have to do it on vacation. I think the pressing fee is pretty reasonable onboard and we usually don't have that much to press anyway. Just remember, everyone else onboard probably has stuff that is wrinkled too so you will fit right in.

Anyway, I wish they would go back to offering sodas at dinner and also the option of paying a fee to purchase alcohol onboard the first night. We love them but wish they wouldn't keep making cuts to things we had grown to expect & appreciate.

Anytime dining. I hate being told when to eat and with whom.

If they did this, they would lose me (and many others, I'm sure) as a customer.

I would like to see more diverse Caribbean itineraries for the larger ships, even if it means we have to tender. I haven't yet booked Freedom/Liberty b/c I've been to all of their ports already.

At night have the Island Grill or Windjammer set up for anytime dining (the other could remain as a buffet) Have this as dining choice when you make your cruise reservations (main, late, and anytime) that way those of us that don't want a dining time could still have the dining room service without taking the main dining room away from those that like it just the way it is.

Fresh water pools would be nice as would longer times in some ports (especially in Europe). I'd rather have 2 days in attraction heavy ports and go to fewer ports.

Allowing pax to bring a bottle of their personal wine selections onboard, and allowing an in-cabin bar setup--they could still charge a corkage or consumption fee for this option to make up for the small amount of revenue that might be lost.

Consistently enforcing behavior rules that are already in place would be nice also...

Hmmmmm.......allow us to bring the wine of our choice on board (if it isn't on their wine list), anytime dining (6 is too early, 8:30 is too late!)

Other than that I am as happy as a clam with RCI.

M.

Fleet-wide fresh water pools, flat screen tvs and pay per view movies.

If I could only have one granted, it would be the freshwater pools. I HATE saltwater, it's gross!!:eek:

My kids hardly went in the pools because of the salt water! :(

Freshwater pools, in-room bar setup option, enforcement of the rules, self-serve laundry facilities (the laundry service takes too long), ability to bring a reasonable amount of my own wine on board (if its not on their list and with a reasonable corkage fee) and more varied itineraries on West Coast cruises.

If I had to choose one, it would be enforcing the rules. That is the only item that has ever had any real effect on our cruising enjoyment! The others would just make a great cruise experience better...:)

Anytime dining !!!!! I also can't stand being told when to eat and with whom....

I love the personal choice option Princess has - It worked for us and we sailed an 11 day Panama Cruise - there were no long waits.

(I also liked the laundry room with the available iron)

Archived