Pride of Hawaii with

poh_ship_2coast_web.jpg

Norwegian Jade without

jade_ship_web.jpg

Pride of Aloha with

aloha_ship1_hawaii_web.jpg

Norwegian Sky without

NorwegianSky05.jpg

Which would you prefer to sail on? I like white as a color, but white makes them look like commercial work vehicles.

To each their own. I think that it looks tacky. I saw the Norwegian Jewel upclose in December and did not like it at all. Not only was the bow area and down the side of the ship painted but so was the promenade deck and aft area of ship. It was overkill IMHO.

I like the old school navy bottom with a white top personally... classy:)

OMG-Finally someone else with my exact preferences on this board (at least regarding the hull art). If HAL would lighten up, I'd sail with them in a minute. Well, I guess I'd sail with them now if things worked out that way. :D

The hull art doesn't bother me though, as I can't see it when I'm onboard!

I like the art, and like that you can spot an NCL ship because of it. I'm not up on many of the designs and logo's of other cruise lines, but often wonder who they are. There's little doubt with Norwegian!

I like the art, and like that you can spot an NCL ship because of it. I'm not up on many of the designs and logo's of other cruise lines, but often wonder who they are. There's little doubt with Norwegian!

I've learned to identify most of the mainstream lines by how they decorate/paint their stacks

The Jade will have hull art, won't it?

I hope so. Except for one ship, the Pride of Aloha, all have been designed by graphic artist Keith Allan. I bet he'll do the Jade too.

It's very difficult for NCL to publish the hull art until Keith comes up with an approved design.

I agree, I wouldn't have the art in my home but like it on the ship. Looks like fun before we even board:)

When we debark at ports, I have to walk all around the other ships to see who they are...except for Disney;)

I like the hull art - it always makes me smile and it does help identify the actual ship, and not just the cruiseline, at a distance. I assume the Norwegian Jade will have some distinctive hull art before she sets sail under her new name.

i'd say it's easy to ID most of the typical cruiseships out there...

i like the hull art...and i also liked the pure white ships of old NCL. what i do not like about the NCL ships is the way they designed the Freestyle cruisin' logo aft.

i know it's all i the name of branding...but i think a new logo can be designed...or you know what...maybe it's the placement of it...just my opinion.

I vote for the art! It's bright and distinctive and happy! It's also the absolutely LAST thing I would consider when choosing a cruise/cruise line, as it has no impact whatsoever on the on-board experience.

Happy Sails,

Annette

To each their own. I think that it looks tacky. I saw the Norwegian Jewel upclose in December and did not like it at all. Not only was the bow area and down the side of the ship painted but so was the promenade deck and aft area of ship. It was overkill IMHO.

Wow, "different strokes for different folks" is right! I think the hull art is GREAT!! I think it shows personality instead of blandness. Electricron's pictures were a perfect example of the contrast. White, white, white is bland, bland, bland. I'm stunned that people don't like it.

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. I think it does what NCL wants. It makes their ships look different and what NCL is marketing is a different cruise experience. The two work well together. ;) People now notice an NCL ship in port. The little white fleet of the past was invisible in port. Now everyone noticed the Norway when she showed up

I think the hull art is a hoot!! We're looking forward to our first NCL cruise in September and can't wait! We always saw these ships in port and thought they looked fun - now we get to try the Dawn out! I think it makes NCL stand out in a crowd.

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. I think it does what NCL wants. It makes their ships look different and what NCL is marketing is a different cruise experience. The two work well together. ;) People now notice an NCL ship in port. The little white fleet of the past was invisible in port. Now everyone noticed the Norway when she showed up

I think the hull art is a hoot!! We're looking forward to our first NCL cruise in September and can't wait! We always saw these ships in port and thought they looked fun - now we get to try the Dawn out! I think it makes NCL stand out in a crowd.

Perfect example of my my point - enjoy the Dawn ;) :)

I have only seen the Jewel and the Star. The Wind and Spirit didn't have hull art. Cannot wait to see the Pearl in person. I will finally get to see Dawn's hull art instead of seeing it on my credit card. ;)

Archived