Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

shorbr,

Is xenical the prescription strength of Alli? I think I remember seeing that on an earlier post.

I have already had breast cancer. I did not know that was one of the side effects of Alli. It seems that just living has a side effect of cancer!

Well, you are on it again, so you must have confidence in its weight-loss ability, or your ability to lose weight by using Alli.

I am hoping for a weight loss tomorrow; my jeans are feeling quite loose after wearing for just one day. Maybe it is only that I sweat out more, it is 104 here today! I hate summer. I think that is why I like cruising to Alaska; it is cooler there!

It is Friday night, finally, and I am splurging on a glass of wine (well, OK, two glasses). Hope I do not regret it.:o

Later,

I have used Alli several times to lose weight. To be honest, I didn't lose any weight until I changed my diet while I was on it and trust me you WILL be forced to change your diet. You have terrible terrible side effects if you eat more than the recommended fat grams. So I take one every morning and I know that a few days later I will not be able to leave the house if I eat too much fat that day. Works Great! I hear several people say it's been 2 or 3 days and no side effects, that's because the side effects come about 4 days after the day you eat too much fat so if you eat too much fat on Monday, you will pay dearly for it on Wednesday or Thursday. If you have no self control like me :) this works great. I can drop about 1-2 pounds a week easily with Alli. It's supposed to be safe. I know I eat much healthier while on it. When you have to use Dawn dishwashing liquid in the toilet (uhmmmm to cut the grease), you've had too much fat!

shorbr,

Is xenical the prescription strength of Alli? I think I remember seeing that on an earlier post.

I have already had breast cancer. I did not know that was one of the side effects of Alli. It seems that just living has a side effect of cancer!

Well, you are on it again, so you must have confidence in its weight-loss ability, or your ability to lose weight by using Alli.

I am hoping for a weight loss tomorrow; my jeans are feeling quite loose after wearing for just one day. Maybe it is only that I sweat out more, it is 104 here today! I hate summer. I think that is why I like cruising to Alaska; it is cooler there!

Yes, Xenical is the prescription strength of Alli.

You are so right about breast cancer...just being a woman makes you a candidate for this beastly disease.

I haven't told my fiance that I am taking it...none of his business, but I am careful to take it on days when I know I won't be seeing him. I hope to lose another 20 pounds and then I will be done. But for now, I like what I see :)

Thanks for the info, shorbr. Haven't gotten on the scales, decided not to get hopes up, just trying to keep with it. I'm not ready to go off to kick-start yet, will keep plodding along.

Where are you DolfinFan? Getting ready for your cruise? I'm jealous; hope you have a great time with your DD. How is the weight loss coming?

I have over 400 days until my cruise, so I am counting the days until I get to see my granddaughter again. We will be going to see her for her first birthday in September.

Hey, I just thought about something, even if I only lose 1 lb. a week before my cruise, that will be 60#, which would be nice, but more than I am counting on losing!

I don't want to be blunt, but have never had any side effects whatsoever from Alli yet; I even took two at a time over the weekend once. I wonder what would happen if I did eat more fat? But that is not the point, right?

Whatever..........................?

Thanks for the info' date=' shorbr. Haven't gotten on the scales, decided not to get hopes up, just trying to keep with it. I'm not ready to go off to kick-start yet, will keep plodding along.

Where are you DolfinFan? Getting ready for your cruise? I'm jealous; hope you have a great time with your DD. How is the weight loss coming?

I have over 400 days until my cruise, so I am counting the days until I get to see my granddaughter again. We will be going to see her for her first birthday in September.

Hey, I just thought about something, even if I only lose 1 lb. a week before my cruise, that will be 60#, which would be nice, but more than I am counting on losing!

I don't want to be blunt, but have never had any side effects whatsoever from Alli yet; I even took two at a time over the weekend once. I wonder what would happen if I did eat more fat? But that is not the point, right?

Whatever..........................?[/quote']

I'm here and yes almost ready to go on Friday. Last thing to pack is the clothes. I iron everything before putting it in the suitcase and even bought a steamer since SOS does not have irons on board ANYWHERE! Since I'm a little fanatical about wrinkles..I figured the next best thing is a steamer. Went to Walmart and got one for $20 and it works GREAT!

Weight loss has stalled. I can't seem to break 180. Been stuck here for 2 weeks. I ran out of Alli and figured that is probably the problem. I have to see my doctor on 8/21 and am determined to be 175, which would put me at a 10 pound loss for a month. I was able to lose 10 the month before and he was so happy, he decided not to put me on diabetic medicine (which he was considering). I figured with my cruise coming up with DD, I plan on being very good at breakfast and lunch and if I want to eat dessert at dinner I'm going too! I also plan on working out in the gym if at all possible!

BTW..I have never had an TE's either and have taken (2) to see what would happen. I guess every body is different. Even on Alli, I still have to take Milk of Magensia every night before going to bed or I won't "go" at all (doctor recommended it).

How many of you have changed your diet to a low-fat diet and stuck with it before trying something like Alli? I thought about trying it but after reading more about it, decided to go it w/o it. I have lost 50 lbs since March by excercising and following WW plan. 50 lbs more to go but I am determined to make this a lifestyle change. Be careful you take the correct vitamens while on Alli so you do not get deficient is all of the fat soluable ones tht will be excreted and ant absorbed. Best of luck to all of you in your quest to be healthy!

;) Ive been reading throught this thread and Im going out today to buy my starter kit since thursday i have 1/2 day of work and off friday so is a long weekend to test it out...i love chocolate also...I want to loose before my cruise 4/18/2009...Very supportive thread so im looking forward to this...:o

;) Ive been reading throught this thread and Im going out today to buy my starter kit since thursday i have 1/2 day of work and off friday so is a long weekend to test it out...i love chocolate also...I want to loose before my cruise 4/18/2009...Very supportive thread so im looking forward to this...:o

Let us know if you have any questions..there are no negative comments allowed on here..hehe

BTW..where is it on sale? I ran out and need to buy more, but I live in Florida!

Okay I am thrilled with Alli so far, it has been a week. I have lost five pounds in a week. If anything it makes me aware of what I am eating and how much. Been very careful. However, I do not take a pill daily or at every meal. Some meals I do not have enough fat grams. This is working so far but will the pills continue to work if I continue talking occassionally ?

Okay I am thrilled with Alli so far, it has been a week. I have lost five pounds in a week. If anything it makes me aware of what I am eating and how much. Been very careful. However, I do not take a pill daily or at every meal. Some meals I do not have enough fat grams. This is working so far but will the pills continue to work if I continue talking occassionally ?

Congratulations on the weight loss..way to go!!!!

The pills will absolutely work if not taken regularly as they only "get rid" of 1/3 the fat that you eat. I don't usually take a pill at breakfast because my total fat grams is usually 2-3. I won't take them unless I have at least 5+ grams of fat in a meal.

Keep in mind..you still need "fat" so don't go too low or you will find you have other problems (dry skin, not able to "go"), etc. Plus, make sure you drink lots of water (I drink decaffinated iced tea with sweet & low it counts as your water intake)..at least 8 glasses a day.

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a busy summer. I'm still sticking to the Alli. I've been on it since mid March. I'm down about 38 lbs. Been bouncing back and forth with in a lb or two the last couple of weeks. I was able to stay on the alli when I went to Maine for a week! That's a first for me. Usually vacation time is an excuse to eat! I have another vacation coming up this Saturday for a week and I'm going to bring the alli. My trip to Aruba in October is making me stick to this!

Cheryl, have a great cruise with your daughter. Are you off the alli now so that you won't have any te's while your gone? If so, we'll have to help you get 'back on track' when you get home! :D Don't you have that big birthday coming up????? ;)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a busy summer. I'm still sticking to the Alli. I've been on it since mid March. I'm down about 38 lbs. Been bouncing back and forth with in a lb or two the last couple of weeks. I was able to stay on the alli when I went to Maine for a week! That's a first for me. Usually vacation time is an excuse to eat! I have another vacation coming up this Saturday for a week and I'm going to bring the alli. My trip to Aruba in October is making me stick to this!

Cheryl, have a great cruise with your daughter. Are you off the alli now so that you won't have any te's while your gone? If so, we'll have to help you get 'back on track' when you get home! :D Don't you have that big birthday coming up????? ;)

I am off the Alli, but only because I ran out and figured I would wait to buy more when I got back from both my cruises. I still want to be at my goal weight of 175 for my 8/23 cruise (need to lose 6 pounds) and 165 by my big 50, so I plan on getting right back on track when I get back!

Glad to hear your keeping up with your weight loss..its hard when you reach that platau to not do something stupid and go off track..your doing great!

Hey all - Good to hear everyone is doing well. I am doing super. Haven't stepped on the scale yet (been almost 1 week) but I feel great! I LOVE the food I'm eating.

I went out shopping yesterday in search for the perfect jeans...and also the last size 16 jeans that I would buy. I kinda wanted to find a good jean so that as I loose I can buy the same jean and actually feel the difference as the size decreases. So I have a new found love for Ann Taylor!

Going to my parent's house for the weekend coming up. I am crossing my fingers I can survive there. They always have little to no food in the house as my mother SWEARS by Atkins. I give her props she has lost a lot of weight with it.

ANYWAY. Just wanted to pop in and say HI. DolphinFan- have a great time on your cruise!!

OH - I knew there was a question I wanted to ask. Has anyone gone to Curves? I'm thinking about it. I don't want a gym because we have a whole gym here at the house. I want a supportive place that is going to motivate me, keep track of my progress but not be over bearing. Does it sound like Curves is a good place for me?

Yes, I did Curves faithfully. My thighs did tone a little.That was the good news. After a year of monthly measuring and weighing in their kindest words of encouragement they said, "Unfortunately not everyone sees results in a year." I quit my membership. Last week I bought Alli. Was talking my self out of it due to price, however that is only two months of Curves. Seen more results with Alli in a week than a year of curves! However, like they said not everyone sees results the same way.

Yes, I did Curves faithfully. My thighs did tone a little.That was the good news. After a year of monthly measuring and weighing in their kindest words of encouragement they said, "Unfortunately not everyone sees results in a year." I quit my membership. Last week I bought Alli. Was talking my self out of it due to price, however that is only two months of Curves. Seen more results with Alli in a week than a year of curves! However, like they said not everyone sees results the same way.

I too had the same results. I went to Curves "faithfully" for a year and only lost 5 pounds. I definately lost more on the Alli and just regular exercise at home. I'm not saying Curves is bad at all, I just don't feel I got a good workout when I left each time. I barely broke a sweat.

Hey all - Good to hear everyone is doing well. I am doing super. Haven't stepped on the scale yet (been almost 1 week) but I feel great! I LOVE the food I'm eating.

I went out shopping yesterday in search for the perfect jeans...and also the last size 16 jeans that I would buy. I kinda wanted to find a good jean so that as I loose I can buy the same jean and actually feel the difference as the size decreases. So I have a new found love for Ann Taylor!

Going to my parent's house for the weekend coming up. I am crossing my fingers I can survive there. They always have little to no food in the house as my mother SWEARS by Atkins. I give her props she has lost a lot of weight with it.

ANYWAY. Just wanted to pop in and say HI. DolphinFan- have a great time on your cruise!!

OH - I knew there was a question I wanted to ask. Has anyone gone to Curves? I'm thinking about it. I don't want a gym because we have a whole gym here at the house. I want a supportive place that is going to motivate me, keep track of my progress but not be over bearing. Does it sound like Curves is a good place for me?

Ann Taylor does habe beautiful clothes! You may even find you can get into a smaller size since they are made for woman and not little girls. I went shopping for Jennifer and was amazed at what they considered XL shirts for teenagers. In order to wear an XL, you would have to weigh 100 pounds! Plus the styles are awful..something you would put on a 25 year old to go clubbing. Not sure who picks these clothes to sell. I even seen slutty dresses in size 4+ for children..what gives?

DolphinFan- Just wanted to say have a great cruise, and I have to thank-you for telling us how great the breyers fat-free ice cream is, I bought some and it is so........ good.......Pam

How can anything that taste so good be fat free?? Why can't they do that to all food..sure would make our dieting easier! lol

Cheryl, are you home getting ready for your cruise today? What islands will you be going to? Any fun excursions planned with Jennifer?

No..I'm at work darn it..lol

We are going to Nassau and plan on going to the Wyndham/Sheraton and use their facilities for the day and I'm hoping to surprise Jennifer with parasailing. Sunday we are in Cococay and she will do the water playground and I will drink my Coco Loco's and rest! lol

Archived