Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Yeah, to hit the 150's is my ULITMATE goal. :) I can't remember the last time I was in the 150's. The lowest I got a few years ago on W.W. was 161. So close!!!!!!!! I will DO this. You will too. Think about how good we will feel at holiday parties instead of feeling 'fat' and not fitting into anything decent. I can't wait!! I'd rather go without than eat what I want and just gain it all back. ---AGAIN!

I'm planning on drinking crystal light lemonade with vodka or bacardi and diet coke instead of a lot of the 'fruity' drinks that can be so high in calories. Gonna have fun and not freak out about it tho.

water, water, water!!

Yeah, to hit the 150's is my ULITMATE goal. :) I can't remember the last time I was in the 150's. The lowest I got a few years ago on W.W. was 161. So close!!!!!!!! I will DO this. You will too. Think about how good we will feel at holiday parties instead of feeling 'fat' and not fitting into anything decent. I can't wait!! I'd rather go without than eat what I want and just gain it all back. ---AGAIN!

I'm planning on drinking crystal light lemonade with vodka or bacardi and diet coke instead of a lot of the 'fruity' drinks that can be so high in calories. Gonna have fun and not freak out about it tho.

water, water, water!!

I weighed 135 in High School. I asked my doctor how much I should weigh and he said to take your weight in High School, add 5 pounds per each child you had and 10 for being over 40..hence 155 pounds. He said I could get to 135 again, but I would have to diet HARD for the rest of my life and exercise 1-2 hours a day to maintain that. He would be happy with 150-155 and so would I..lol

I weighed in yesterday. Gained 0.5 pound:mad: . I think I blew off excersicing 1 to many times. Oh well. I do have one question, I read awile back in the thread that people were talking about taking fish oil supplement. What is the reason behind this? Should I be taking it with Alli?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I am Leah, 42(or will be in a month), 5'4" and very overweight (325). My thyroid is a big problem at the moment but it is on the way down with some meds. so my Dr. gave me Alli to start and try to jump start my weight loss. I will begin taking the pills Friday night. Any words of caution, wisdom, or encouragment would all be appreciated. Does this stuff really work????

My "diet" plans are yogurt for breakfast, turkey sandwich w/mustard for lunch, and mostly chicken, seafood, and fish for supper w/veggies. And of course 80 ozs of water each day. I am going to the gym MWF and doing cardio in the pool for 20-25, to start. Again my Dr. stated to not over do or do alot of exercising right away as not to "mess up" my thyroid. It is still coming in at 7.????. Pretty high right???

Hi all, I am Leah, 42(or will be in a month), 5'4" and very overweight (325). My thyroid is a big problem at the moment but it is on the way down with some meds. so my Dr. gave me Alli to start and try to jump start my weight loss. I will begin taking the pills Friday night. Any words of caution, wisdom, or encouragment would all be appreciated. Does this stuff really work????

My "diet" plans are yogurt for breakfast, turkey sandwich w/mustard for lunch, and mostly chicken, seafood, and fish for supper w/veggies. And of course 80 ozs of water each day. I am going to the gym MWF and doing cardio in the pool for 20-25, to start. Again my Dr. stated to not over do or do alot of exercising right away as not to "mess up" my thyroid. It is still coming in at 7.????. Pretty high right???

Don't know much about thyroid issues. I know my mom has a problem with it too.

As far as taking the Alli..make sure you drink lots of water, try to eat (6) small meals a day, watch your fat intake. Also, you need to make sure you eat AT LEAST 1200 calories a day, your doctor may give you a higher goal based on your meds. etc. Try not to go under that because your body will think it is starving and will HOLD onto the fat.

We are here for you if you have any questions and good luck!!!!

Hi all!

After reading a few pages of this thread, I decided to give Alli a try too. I noticed that Dolphinfan has been at it for a few months now. Hey, I'll try anything that will aid my "slow as mud" weight loss.

I've been having difficulty getting enough fat in my diet. I know that sounds crazy, but I have been so paranoid of fatty foods for so long that I hardly have any in my diet. The doctor is always on my case about it too.

The Alli says not to exceed 15 g in one meal, but the highest I've had so far had about 8 grams. I've been checking every meal, and I usually run around 3 or 4 grams. I'm not sure if the Alli is going to help me that much, but I'm going to try it for a month to see if it makes a difference. Today is Day 4.

I decided to stick to my own diet instead of their meal plans. It's too much hassle for me since I already have a comfortable routine.

I'll probably lurk more than post, but I wish everyone luck.

Hi all!

After reading a few pages of this thread, I decided to give Alli a try too. I noticed that Dolphinfan has been at it for a few months now. Hey, I'll try anything that will aid my "slow as mud" weight loss.

I've been having difficulty getting enough fat in my diet. I know that sounds crazy, but I have been so paranoid of fatty foods for so long that I hardly have any in my diet. The doctor is always on my case about it too.

The Alli says not to exceed 15 g in one meal, but the highest I've had so far had about 8 grams. I've been checking every meal, and I usually run around 3 or 4 grams. I'm not sure if the Alli is going to help me that much, but I'm going to try it for a month to see if it makes a difference. Today is Day 4.

I decided to stick to my own diet instead of their meal plans. It's too much hassle for me since I already have a comfortable routine.

I'll probably lurk more than post, but I wish everyone luck.

I don't usually take a pill unless I eat 5-6 grams of fat in a meal. If your already eating less than that, I'm not sure how well the Alli will work for you, unless you only take it if you eat more??

Good advice. That will save me some money on the pills. I would like to use it on cruises, but I'm sure the fat exceeds 15 grams, and I wouldn't want to risk TE! I eat lots of salad and fruit. Maybe if I take my own dressing, I can limit the fat, use the Alli, and avoid weight gain?

Good advice. That will save me some money on the pills. I would like to use it on cruises, but I'm sure the fat exceeds 15 grams, and I wouldn't want to risk TE! I eat lots of salad and fruit. Maybe if I take my own dressing, I can limit the fat, use the Alli, and avoid weight gain?

I've always been afraid to take it on the cruise as I don't want to be on an excursion or at dinner and have to "run" to the bathroom..lol

Ladies I know losing weight can be a struggle. It worries me when I read of so many of you using artificial means to do it. The article I've attached explains that this product is not healthy. The fact that it's FDA approved is rather meaningless. Remember 10 years ago when Metabolife was the hottest pill out there? A couple years later all the reports of its dangers came out. Losing 15-20 pounds per month is just not normal and remember, if it seems too good to be true....

It's much healthier, and the results will be longer lasting, if you do it without pills, and lose slowly. I'm down 30 pounds in six months by eating low fat, smaller portions, and walking here and there (I get sore feet). That sounds very slow but what's the hurry? I've been overweight all my life-LOL.

Good luck and good health to you all.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/282869/alli_diet_pill.html?cat=5

I just started taking Alli on Sunday, and so far haven't had any unpleasant effects from it. I took it for a while after it first came out as OTC, and boy did I learn the hard way about eating too much fat. The one thing I have noticed is I have felt a lot less bloated and "fluffy" around the middle since I started it. I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to food, so I figure if I can't do it on my own, I will scare myself into having willpower with the Alli, since I now know what happens if you overindulge in the fat while taking that stuff! I am looking forward to my first weigh in on Saturday!

I just started taking Alli on Sunday, and so far haven't had any unpleasant effects from it. I took it for a while after it first came out as OTC, and boy did I learn the hard way about eating too much fat. The one thing I have noticed is I have felt a lot less bloated and "fluffy" around the middle since I started it. I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to food, so I figure if I can't do it on my own, I will scare myself into having willpower with the Alli, since I now know what happens if you overindulge in the fat while taking that stuff! I am looking forward to my first weigh in on Saturday!

Good luck! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are ahppy to help!!

Ladies I know losing weight can be a struggle. It worries me when I read of so many of you using artificial means to do it. The article I've attached explains that this product is not healthy. The fact that it's FDA approved is rather meaningless. Remember 10 years ago when Metabolife was the hottest pill out there? A couple years later all the reports of its dangers came out. Losing 15-20 pounds per month is just not normal and remember, if it seems too good to be true....

It's much healthier, and the results will be longer lasting, if you do it without pills, and lose slowly. I'm down 30 pounds in six months by eating low fat, smaller portions, and walking here and there (I get sore feet). That sounds very slow but what's the hurry? I've been overweight all my life-LOL.

Good luck and good health to you all.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/282869/alli_diet_pill.html?cat=5

Alli is a good product. You should take a multivitamin before bed to get in your fat soluble vitamins. There is no problem with taking Alli indefinitely. Just as long as you get your vitamins.

Metabolife was not FDA approved. FDA generally does not have the ability to oversee over the counter supplements. Alli is different because it started as prescription.

I would also like to encourage people to take advantage of Alli's online program. Anything to help...

CWeinzie - thanks for your encouragement. I ran the prospect of using Alli by my doctor after being told that I need to lose 25lbs to take some pressure off of my hiatel hernia. I tried the natural weight loss approach and it just hasn't worked for me. He said as long as I follow the guidelines, it is absolutely ok for me to use Alli. I've been on it since Sunday and even though I know the weight loss will be gradual, I do already feel less bloated and I feel great knowing that I am eating healthier. Alli gives me the willpower not to eat stuff I shouldn't - willpower I don't have on my own.:D

I started taking Alli yesterday morning, after being inspired by these posts. I have about 40 pounds I would like to lose. After only 24 hours, I already feel less bloated. So far, no effects at all. Probably still too soon to tell though. Wish me luck!

alli is the half strength of the prescription xenical.. it is the exact same medication just not as strong.. precaution.. if she eats a lot of fat, she will experience oil leakage out of her behind... sorry no other way to say that. Also bowel movements are going to be very stinky and oily!! There will be a rim of oil around the toilet. Please caution her that if she feels like she has to pass gas, go to the bathroom and sit down on the toilet, because it may not only be gas ready to come out. Those are the most common side effects and happen to anyone taking it. The less fat that she eats, the less intense side effects..does it work yes, is it safe? Yes. Good luck!

Archived