Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

I am basically on a low carb, too and the only time I have problems is when I eat at a restaurant sometimes. I don't strictly do Atkins, I eat some fruits and lots of veggies, but not the starchy kind. I've basically been eating this way for about 10 years. I don't have any problems with leakage on Alli. I did when I was on Xenical (the prescription one). I DO go to the bathroom alot more, which is good because I always had a problem with constipation. When I go, I see an oily film in the toilet. (It seems weird talking avbout this stuff...LOL)

Thanks for the info! It may seem weird but another person experiences are always helpful to know what might be expected!

Do you think the Ali helped at all in losing weight?

Thanks for the info! It may seem weird but another person experiences are always helpful to know what might be expected!

Do you think the Ali helped at all in losing weight?

I think it had EVERYTHING to do with my weight loss!!! I am in menopause and was definitely in a weight loss slump. I had the big fat menopause stomach, plus fat everywhere else. I was looking at old cruise pics and looked really great in my 2006 pics, which wasn't that long ago. I was about 140 pounds at that time. I had crept up to 178!! I thought to myself...what was different??? I was eating right, even exercising but I wasn't losing. Then I remembered....that's when I was on Xenical(prescription). I didn't know Alli was the same thing but in a lower dose. Since I started it in Oct., I lost 23 pounds. I also keep a food diary and exercise (treadmill, weights, kick boxing moves)

I eat full fat salad dressings, but they are usually olive oil based like vinaigrettes. I sometimes even use some butter on some veggies. I have never had any "leaking". And I am not usually constipated. I think I would really have to go overboard to get this. It does sometimes "loosen" things up a bit, but that is when I up my fiber which helps a lot.

I have even had sausage, hamburger, prime rib - those things that have more fat without problem. Granted, everyone's system is different, but the side effects sound scarier than they actually are.

Someone asked how much later you could take an alli - I seem to remember it was an hour. Hope that helps!

Ok, another question.. Since the RX one was stonger, has anyone taken more than the bottle of over the counter says? If so have there been any problems??

I did THINK about doing that, but I was afraid to. I would like to know if anyone tried it. I believe the prescription strength is twice as strong so I should try it. I'm doing OK with it the way it is. As I said before, I really don't have leakage problems and I did with the prescription one. It does keep me regular, something that I really need for losing weight.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Well, I'm back. It's been since last October that I was on alli. I was doing very well on it but, was going to Aruba with my friends and I was nervous about having any 'problems' while traveling so, I went off it. Well, I haven't been able to get back on!!!! I gained throughout the holidays and FINALLY have done three days of low fat so, I started the alli tonight. I've gained about 20 of the 55 lbs back that I had lost so, I've been very down lately. I'm know the scale is finally going to go down instead of up so, I'm excited. I do very well with the alli because I'm paranoid to have problems. I had done it for about 8 months with only one TE experience. (and, it wasn't really oily leakage, it was just oily when I went to the bathroom) - nothing uncontrollable.

Just don't play too much with your fat grams. Keep them under the recommended amount and you will be fine. Also, don't waste your time (or money) trying two pills at a time. Many people have tried it and it doesn't seem to matter.

Good luck to everyone here. I'm glad that I'm back and have you all to 'talk' to and be encouraged by!!

~Pam

So you wouldn't suggest to use Ali with atkins? I follow atkins but my only fat is usually heavy cream some butter and salad dressing. The main menu items are eggs, chicken, veggies

Would this cause too many problems if I added Ali to this diet?? I want to lose at least 25lbs before our cruise in March.

I also exercise daily - would the "leakage" problem be an issue? (I would think it would:eek:)

I have been using it in conjunction with Atkins. I exercise a lot and haven't had any problems. If you're worried, wear a pad. I use it a little differently ( I did talk with doc first) I take two before every meal with high fat, Salmon, tuna, I also eat a lot of eggs which do have fat. Every 3 weeks my dh and I hit Red Robin and I endulge in a chesseburger (no bun) and I get the fries with ranch dressing... that's my 'treat' day. I take 2 alli an hour before and 2 more about an hour later. Yes I do spend some time on the 'throne';) but it is so worth it!! There are some days where I don't take it at all, it seems a waste to take it if a meal is only 15% fat, it won't take off enough calories to be worth the money. As for the side effects, hey, that's fat not going on me, I think it's worth it. I haven't had any accidents yet, but I would recommend carrying wet wipes for potty time. ( sorry if that's too blunt)

• 2 weeks later...

I have lost 13lbs in 1 mth. Only had problem when I ate my mil greenbeans. I forgot she is old school and uses lard in her greenbeans. Only ate 2 tablespoons of them and it cause me trouble the next day.

I told my husband I will take my own food when we go to eat at his Mom's. Better safe than sorry, right?

Well..I did it!! I went skydiving and had an absolute BLAST! I would do it again in a heartbeat! I'm going to try and attach a link to my pictures.

http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/r...rthday%20Bash/

My hubby is 55 and son 22, they went with a bunch of my son's friends.

I watched. I know I couldn't do it, due to my heart probs. But loved watching them. Love your pics.

I joined Curves for 1 year and never lost a pound..I know muscle weighs more than fat,

a pound is a pound....

1lb of fat = 1lb of muscle = 1lb of nails = 1lb liquid

doesn't matter how u weigh it a pound is still a pound ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

Well tomorrow I sail to Bermuda. I started Alli about 6 weeks ago and have lost about 1 pound a week, not much but it's something. I will stop taking it tonight since I will not know all the hidden fat in recipes. Like others when eating out I think I'm ordering correctly but may have TE the next day.

I have also had problems with constipation I think this is because I'm not getting the recommended fat each day. I will go back on Alli when I return to get ready for our next cruise June 2010! This site may help me stay on track.

Linda

Hey Pam..looks like we both came back around the same time!! I too gained 25 pounds of the 50 I lost from Alli. I keep telling myself I need to get back on it, but 2 hours after my meal I realize I didn't take it. I've got to get back in the habit. I have taken 11 pounds off of the 25 I gained, but now I want to lose another 30 before my cruise in Sept. I know I can do it..I know I can do it :p. Keep coming on here so we can give each other support..I know I need it!!

Suzyaz - Yes, the skydiving was one of the greatest "excursions" I have ever taken. I am looking forward to doing it again..hopefully soon!! It felt like you were just floating in the air. If you have ever parasailed, it feels about the same. The first minute is a rush, but its weird..it really doesn't feel like falling at all!

HA Chick - I too have the same problem with Alli. When taking it, I take a tabl. of Milk of Magnesia at night before going to bed and it helps!!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! It's been a loooooong time. Too long. I've gained the weight back that I lost on alli before and I'm ready to start again! I have done the 3 days of low fat and will start the alli pills tomorrow evening after work. Anyone else on the alli???

I need support!

DolphinFan, where are you???

Hello everyone! It's been a loooooong time. Too long. I've gained the weight back that I lost on alli before and I'm ready to start again! I have done the 3 days of low fat and will start the alli pills tomorrow evening after work. Anyone else on the alli???

I need support!

DolphinFan, where are you???

Hey girl!!! I sent you a long email but here is the jest of it:

I'm doing great! Had a little set back 2 months ago..ended up in the hospital and found out I was a diabetic! I started taking 4 shots a day and 2 pills and with the change in diet and exercise (everday..ugh)..I've managed to get off the insulin all together! I'm 20 pounds from my goal weight!! I did it all with just diet and exercise..no Alli this time. Not sure how it would affect the diabetes so stopped taking it all together. I've managed to lose 35 pounds in about 4 months. I just keep to less than 30 carbs per meal, 2 snacks with 15 carbs or less, I try to keep at 1200-1300 calories a day and exercise 30 minutes a day.

We are getting ready to cruise in 22 days!! We are headed to San Juan, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas and Nassau on the Carnival Freedom. Its an 8 day cruise. The website we met on was Cruise Critic.

I've never been to Turks, Caicos or Aruba..might have to be our next cruise..where does it leave out of??

Keep in touch and I'll check to see if you go on the Alli board since I am on the website daily talking to my cruising buddies!!

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl! Got your notes. Thanks! Hope to continue talking with you. I'm taking my first pill tonight with dinner. (no work Friday or this weekend) When I started it this past spring is upset my tummy a bit, so I stopped taking it. Hopefully it will be ok this time.

Stay cool down in Florida. It's been real hot here in CT. Wicked humid and about 88.

Talk to you soon!

Pam

Hey Cheryl! Got your notes. Thanks! Hope to continue talking with you. I'm taking my first pill tonight with dinner. (no work Friday or this weekend) When I started it this past spring is upset my tummy a bit, so I stopped taking it. Hopefully it will be ok this time.

Stay cool down in Florida. It's been real hot here in CT. Wicked humid and about 88.

Talk to you soon!

Pam

91 degrees here but only 54% humity..thats pretty low for us!!!

Make sure you eat (before) taking the pill and wait about 30 minutes..that should help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived