New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

Thanks - we have large one here in Vancouver - I realize that it is about the size of our own Stanley Park

Dennis

Mhh Vancouver I am going to be there on January 2008, i let you know to receive good advice about the city and i will let you know also my questions...:)

Dennis, this link may help:

http://www.centralpark.com/pages/attractions.html

I'd choose the Boathouse, Belvedere Castle, Cleopatra's Needle, the Great Lawn, the Reservoir, Strawberry Fields and any bench or rock for perfect people watching.

Wonderful site to explore CP. I love the Ramble and the Bow bridge. If you go to Strawberry Fields, then also go across the street to the Dakota. You might as well if you are a John Lennon fan.

If you go to Strawberry Fields, then also go across the street to the Dakota. You might as well if you are a John Lennon fan.

Years ago, my friend's brother had an apartment across the street facing the Dakota. Whenever we visited, we'd spend lots of time looking out the windows or just milling around the outside of the building hoping to catch a glimpse of John or Yoko....never did.

Wonderful site to explore CP. I love the Ramble and the Bow bridge. If you go to Strawberry Fields, then also go across the street to the Dakota. You might as well if you are a John Lennon fan.

iT SOUND LIKE A GOOD EXPIERIENCE...THANK YOU FOR MENTION IT.:) :) :) :)

http://dinesite.com/city/city-3462/?&t=5

Above is a link to restaurants in Long Island City

http://www.wfcrabhouse.com/menu.html

This one above is one of my favorites.

http://www.watertaxibeach.com/

This one is not really a restaurant but a great, fun place. It's open through October 8th.

Thank you for that page...

Also the CrabHouse menu looks very good, thank you for mention it.

:)

Hi i need some info about the Madison square Garden...basketball game

How good is the view from here:

MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING 415 section (5 LEVELS UP FROM FLOOR):)

Thank You everyone.

unobstructed view but bring opera glasses....

do you understand "the nose bleed section" way up high

http://www.greatseats.com/venue/madison_square/seating.asp#

unobstructed view but bring opera glasses....

do you understand "the nose bleed section" way up high

http://www.greatseats.com/venue/madison_square/seating.asp#

If i decide to go to a basketball game i will bring the opera Glasses:D

What is Nose bleed section?

I know is very high but maybe is an option to see a game at the Madison.

If i decide to go to a basketball game i will bring the opera Glasses:D

What is Nose bleed section?

I know is very high but maybe is an option to see a game at the Madison.

A nose bleed section is so high the altitude makes your nose bleed....It an American expression....

From one country bumpkin to another NYC is GREAT!!!! Everyone was so helpful to us Okie's last October when we were there. You'll have a great time!

You were exactly right! We did have a great time! :D All the stressing was in vain! We took the New York Party Shuttle -- definitely a great way to get an overview of city for first time visitors.

We were pros at NYC public transportation in no time.

Thanks to all of the "locals" who are so helpful on this board!;)

I just returned from a trip to NYC and found this thread to be very helpful! I'll add a suggestion that I happened upon & loved, Foods of NY Tours. I took the tour of Chelsea Market and the Meatpacking District. It was 3 hours of fun and yummy food sampling. Here's the link if you are interested:

http://www.foodsofny.com/

We arrived NY around 11:00 Sept. 7th and were out of the airport in about 15 minutes. Used car service to get 4 of us to Hotel Saint James in Times Square. Super location! This is not a fancy hotel but if you want a clean place to sleep and shower, this is the place. $165/night for a queen room that is a couple blocks or less from Times Square. Booked the 3:00 tour (5 1/2 hours) with New York Party Shuttle Tours. They are great. We saw so much in a short period of time. My only disappointment was in Ground Zero. It was getting dark when we got there so we couldn't see much. We also didn't get to go to the memorial area near there. But this was definitely the best way to see NY in a few hours.

The next day we walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. Went to Top of the Rock. No wait and what a view!!! We were also on the NBC Early Show!! Wish we could have seen a Broadway play.

We arrived NY around 11:00 Sept. 7th and were out of the airport in about 15 minutes. Used car service to get 4 of us to Hotel Saint James in Times Square. Super location! This is not a fancy hotel but if you want a clean place to sleep and shower, this is the place. $165/night for a queen room that is a couple blocks or less from Times Square. Booked the 3:00 tour (5 1/2 hours) with New York Party Shuttle Tours. They are great. We saw so much in a short period of time. My only disappointment was in Ground Zero. It was getting dark when we got there so we couldn't see much. We also didn't get to go to the memorial area near there. But this was definitely the best way to see NY in a few hours.

The next day we walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. Went to Top of the Rock. No wait and what a view!!! We were also on the NBC Early Show!! Wish we could have seen a Broadway play.

Thank you for a nice review...;)

Please keep coming your expiriences in your trip to NY:)

Good to hear about NY Party Shuttle as I booked a private bus tour for 35 of us last week before our cruise in April 2008.

How early did you get to the NBC Early show to get a good spot?