SW Airlines

Sooner01

Anyone know when SW Airlines opens up reservations past Nov 2 2007? Going on the Sensation in Jan, and trying to find cheap air fare.

i have been checking for weeks! i thought for sure it wld have been opened by now. maybe today. i need to get my liberty flights.

the SW website actually tells you now, on June 27 they will open flights through January 11. If you click on the Travel Tools section there is a message at the top that gives you this info.

Holy cow! thank you! they musta added this tid bit of info when they re-vamped their site. i didn't know this was there obviously. i am so glad they did this, b/c every time you asked an agent, they said they had no idea b/c it was generated by corporate. at least this gives you a general time frame. thanks again!

If the prices seem high, book anyway. If they get lowered later on you will get credit. I just got$783.00 fare credit yesterday for nine flights that I booked in March.

If you fly Southwest regularly it's a good deal.

You can book your trip tommorow, but you can browse the schedules now by going to reservations--> view flight schedules.

Don/Southwest Airlines Cleveland

I stand corrected. Some info was on the blog and I mistakenly thought the scheduls were open for browsing. Have to wait until tommorow!

Don

If the prices seem high, book anyway. If they get lowered later on you will get credit. I just got$783.00 fare credit yesterday for nine flights that I booked in March.

If you fly Southwest regularly it's a good deal.

Does that apply for anyone? Even the special 1 day DING sales? Do you have to check all the time?

Anyone can cancel a reservation and then book the lower fare. When you cancel, the credit is held by Southwest for you; it will be available when you book the next time, but you will need the cancelled booking number to get the credit. Another wonderful thing with Southwest is that you can apply credit from someone else to your ticket if you have the booking number and the name that was on the credit card for that booking. My family uses Southwest alot and we regularly pass credit back and forth. Also, there is no penalty for cancellation.

The rules for cancellation on the Southwest site state that credit may not be immediately available for the next booking, but I have never had that happen to me. Each time I have cancelled and rebooked, the cancelled credit amount was available right after.

I have never seen a fare, sale or otherwise, go cheaper than a Ding fare that I have booked. You must check for the fare changes yourself, although I have recently read that there is a site that will monitor fare changes for you. Don't have any information about that.

Hope this helps. I am a loyal Southwest Airlines passenger and enjoy their prices and service. It helps that I fly from Tampa, also.

OK I have never flown Southwest when it was not a nonstop. When I check in online, will I have to check in for the flight from FLL to Tampa, and then from Tampa to Indy ? On the flight from Indy to FLL it says 1 stop but the flight number is the same so I assume we stop but stay on the plane. :p

OK I have never flown Southwest when it was not a nonstop. When I check in online, will I have to check in for the flight from FLL to Tampa, and then from Tampa to Indy ? On the flight from Indy to FLL it says 1 stop but the flight number is the same so I assume we stop but stay on the plane. :p

I just flew Tampa to Tulsa. On the way there, I changed planes in Houston; on the way back I changed planes in Kansas City, MO. Yes, you get off and change planes if the number is different. If the number is the same, you stay on the same plane. I don't know for sure if you can get off and stretch your legs.

In my experience with SW the prices will be availiable at midnight. I don't work for them however. I am going solely on my experiences. Please, don't get huffy at me ;) if that doesn't happen tonight.

Nope - I definitely won't get huffy :p I'm just trying to figure out if I feel like staying up tonight and trying to book right at midnight :D I'm assuming they are EST...

Archived