Day Passes at Bermuda Resorts?

harryw

Do any Bermuda resorts sell day passes, where you can use their pool, chairs, umbrellas?

Harry

I read something about this somewhere but at the moment, can't find the source. I don't think it was on CC, more likely on www.bermudashort.bm and I'm fairly sure the answer was no. The hoteliers in Bermuda would much rather you spend your money staying with them than coming by way of a cruise.:(

Do any Bermuda resorts sell day passes, where you can use their pool, chairs, umbrellas?

Harry

There is an excursion to Nine Beaches that some of the cruiselines sell.

Another option is to go to the public area of Elbow Beach, there is a concession stand (really a kid sitting on the sand :) ) that rents umbrellas and chairs. You can always sit at the bar at Elbow and order a drink or sit at the outdoor patio and order lunch. As a matter of fact, NCL Dine Ashore patrons can choose Elbow Beach for lunch.

There is an excursion to Nine Beaches that some of the cruiselines sell.

Another option is to go to the public area of Elbow Beach, there is a concession stand (really a kid sitting on the sand :) ) that rents umbrellas and chairs. You can always sit at the bar at Elbow and order a drink or sit at the outdoor patio and order lunch. As a matter of fact, NCL Dine Ashore patrons can choose Elbow Beach for lunch.

Do you know anything about the NCL excursion to 9 Beaches? I see that it's a bike ride on the Railway Trail and then back for a swim, but I wonder if you have to do the bike ride. I'd rather just sit on the beach and tour the resort for future vacation plans.

Do you know anything about the NCL excursion to 9 Beaches? I see that it's a bike ride on the Railway Trail and then back for a swim, but I wonder if you have to do the bike ride. I'd rather just sit on the beach and tour the resort for future vacation plans.

I would recommend Horseshoe Bay Beach instead of 9 Beaches. The resort is not on a great Beach, and the resort is really not all that great. There are too many nicer beaches to visit. Hoseshoe , you can rent chairs and umbrellas and they have food also if you get hungry,.

I thought about that, but it seems very expensive if you want to just sit on a beach. When we go to Bermuda next week, we plan to visit Elbow Beach. Horseshoe Beach is too crowded for us. We are used to crowded beaches at home, but we prefer peace and quiet while on vacation. Another beach we plan to visit is Clearwater Beach, which is near St. Georges.

I thought about that, but it seems very expensive if you want to just sit on a beach. When we go to Bermuda next week, we plan to visit Elbow Beach. Horseshoe Beach is too crowded for us. We are used to crowded beaches at home, but we prefer peace and quiet while on vacation. Another beach we plan to visit is Clearwater Beach, which is near St. Georges.

Have you gone to all the coves at Horseshoe? They are very secluded and beautiful.

I heard that you can take the local bus (#7) I believe right to Horseshoe Beach. Is that correct? I also heard that you can buy the bus passes on your cruise ship, is that true also? We are heading to Bermuda on 15 July and want to spend the day there.

The only real reason why I want to go the 9 Beaches is that we're thinking about going there next year and being that we'll be in Bermuda this September (barring any hurricanes) we'd like to see the place if we could. If they had day passes there, I'd get one just to see the place. Better to waste only $70 and find out the place isn't for us than to waste $2,000. I do like Horseshoe, but agree it can get very crowded, especially when RCI pulls into the Dockyard. I like my space, even at home we seek out the "quieter" beaches on ocean.

I heard that you can take the local bus (#7) I believe right to Horseshoe Beach. Is that correct? I also heard that you can buy the bus passes on your cruise ship, is that true also? We are heading to Bermuda on 15 July and want to spend the day there.

You can take the number 7 bus either from the dockyards or from Hamilton. A nice trip is to take the ferry to Hamilton, then the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach, then a bus to Gibbs lighthouse and finally back to the dockyards. Depending on the cruise lines, some offer the transportation pass, which is good for unlimited use of the buses and the ferries. The cost for an adult for one day is $12, two days $20 and three days is $28. Kids 5-16 are $8 and under 5 free.

I posted this question a few months ago, as I was wondering the same thing. I've always stayed in Bermuda and so I didn't know if resorts offered anything. I e-mailed some of the resorts and I received feedback from fellow cruisers and everyone confirmed that Bermuda didn't offer this, with the exception of the 9 Beaches Resort. The public beaches are wonderful.

I've been to Bermuda and Horseshoe Bay several times; we tended to splurge and take a taxi/van there, which you can sometimes share with others to keep the cost down..and there are always taxis waiting for the return trip..

Its good to get to Horseshoe Bay early on busy port days if you want to rent chairs and umbrellas, because sometimes the lone concession can sell out.

The following website indicates what other ships are in port on specific days:

http://www.cruisecal.com

Harry

Here is a link to the Google Maps view of Horseshoe bay, drag the map east and you can see there are tons of small beaches connected by paths for about a mile. If you zoom in some, you can see that the beach starts off crowded, but the further east you go, the less people there are.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=32.251653,-64.820945&spn=0.004255,0.009956&z=17&*****=1

Archived