Solo River Cruise

SoCal_USA_Trekker

Does anyone have any thoughts on going solo for a river cruise. I've reserved a spot for December 12 on Gate1's Bolero. I'm waiting to see if I can convince any Family/Friends to go with me. Has anyone been solo on one of their trips? I've traveled elsewhere solo before with no problems.

I have traveled solo on a total of 8 river cruises. I'm leaving on my ninth next week. Most (5) of my trips have been on Grand Circle. Each and everyone of my trips have been fantastic. The small number of passangers (120-140) and the open seating dining makes it a great way for solo travelers to see Europe.

--roger

just got back in May from a Viking-Amsterdam to Budapest and there were 2 gals that we on the trip solo. Would of never known it until we started talking to them. They both travel solo and love it. One gets the cheapest room possible, the other said she 'is worth the extra cost' and will get the second level of cabins. I think there were times those of us who had our partners/husbands/wives with us, we wished we were solo too!

I've been on 5 Grand Circle river cruises as a solo. They were wonderful. Just returned from "Romance of Rhine & Mosel" in May. Mixed weather, but no problems. The program directors on all my cruises really made the experiences memorable ones. Other pax were friendly and easy to get to know and be around. All were well traveled.

I've used both the top-priced cabins (with balcony) and the medium priced ones. All cabins are similar, just the deck determines the price (and with or without a balcony.) I enjoyed sitting on my balcony while cruising the Rhine with all its castles and memorable sights. The non-balcony cabins have a little more interior space, but that wasn't a problem with only one person in the cabin.

Grand Circle has increased the single supplement on 2008 river cruises by 15% so I won't be traveling any more with GCT. I can't fathom why they think a single will eat 15% more food, a plane ticket will cost 15% more than a ticket for any other person, etc, etc. I assume they just want to discourage singles from traveling with them. They succeeded in my case.

Archived