Why Do You Spend the Day at a Hotel While in Port?

dmk

I've never quite understood why people pay to spend the day at a hotel while in port. Why spend the day around a hotel pool? Granted if it has access to a beach and cost nothing,. I could see that.

If you just wanted to relax by a pool and not get busy with tours, why not stay on board by the ships pool?

Please enlighten me. Maybe, I have missed something

If we want to check out a particular resort or island with a future land vacation in mind, we make arrangements to visit a hotel. Also, we used to find the ship pools were too cold to be enjoyable so we were quite happy to visit a resort with ocean/pool access. Otherwise we stay on board and enjoy the services and uncrowded conditions on the ship.

Only have done something like that once and it really was nice. We'd been on the ship for several days....it was a 14 day cruise and it was something like the 7th or 8th day....and we wanted some land time without organized site seeing or shopping. Found a very nice resort that charged cruisers a reasonable cover charge to use their pool and beach. It just was a nice break at an upscale resort. Cost me a lot less than if my DW had gone shopping though I'm not so good myself. :rolleyes:

have done this a couple of times..... freshwater pool is nicer to my mind, and is usually bigger so you can do a little serious swimming if you wish. Also like the grasss and trees found at the resorts, and the shade over your lounge chair in the sand. Ocean sports are often available at very reasonble prices if you want to use a board, or peddleboat, or even a small sailboat (hobby cat). Change of scene can be most enjoyable. Also , for some reason, the resort grounds are seldom crowded at all.....we have often been the only ones in the pool. Walking through the lush foliage is nice after a week of decks.

I would only think about doing this if I visited Nassau again and wanted to use Atlantis facilities with my kid. I would book Comfort suites and spend time there.

I don't think there is alot to do in Nassau. (I despise shopping!)

I find the ship's pool uninviting and too crowded so a day at a huge leisure pool in a beautiful hotel grounds with beach access a perfect day.

We all choose different ways to enjoy and unwind, this is mine.

I love the cruises and wouldn't change my choice of holiday but the beach and the pool is missing for me and this is a way of filling the void.

This way I have everything I look for in a holiday.

Occasionally we take tours but not often. Both working long hours, we need a very relaxing cruise. We take other holidays for sightseeing.

I don't like shopping either.

I like to visit a resort if I have been to the port before. I like to swim in pools, but not on board ship. I live by the ocean and can go swimming in the ocean if I want to.don't do that anymore. So enjoying a resort is very relaxing for me.

I was hoping to do this on Kuaui, but the Marriot won't let cruisers use their facilities. So I will either spend time on board ship or go with my family.

By the way, my family would like to walk to into town on Kuaui, but I told them it is too far. I think we should rent a car. Does anybody have any ideas. Thank you!

Archived