There is Always Time for More Rewards - Latitudes

shoreguy

Shoreguy,

Nice pic. I could sure use the luggage tags but not holding my breath. No Coach frame yet either.:eek:

Who knows, maybe when we get back to the city later this week, we'll find a present from the p.o.:rolleyes::D

But hey, I'm not complainin' - as of 3 wks ago I can now get onto the NCL website thanks to Tomct's kind intervention with the tech "gurus" in Miami.

We received our clock and all the other goodies that came with it on Friday (29th.) We have just finished our 37th. cruise with NCL with number 38, 39 and 40 already booked. We started sailing with NCL in 1992 so it was not just the newly made Platinum members who got them. I wrote a note thanking NCL for sending it to us. It is these little things that all add up that makes you want to stick with NCL.

Couldn't agree with you more NJR. We also have 37 cruises but not all with NCL but I mainly stick with them because of the little things like you said. Any problems we have had they have remedied them to more than our satisfaction. Things can go wrong and occasionally I even make a missnake.

Some of us are still fighting for the platinum status. No package in the mail today. Don't think I will hold my breath on this one. We have cruised with the Platinum level twice already and never received a Coach frame or anything else. We have one more cruise to go this September on that plan.

Others have posted that they ran into trouble getting the promised change.

Good to see you posting here, I feel sure you will have your cute little clock at your home in NY when you return, if anyone should have one it is you. It was a big surprise to get ours. We got 4 each of the luggage tags with each of our names already printed on them, I really like them. I think we might use the 2 upgrade coupon when we are on the Dawn in Sept.

Grandpaul, It looks like we agree with NCL. Yes you are right about there have been problems on some of our sailings but never anything that bad that would keep us from sailing with them again. There has only been one perfect person in the world and we all know who he is. We have cruised 6 other times besides the 37 with NCL and 2 of those ships are unheard of now.

Take care Norma

As a purchased in Platinum member I was excited to read your posts and looked forward to getting something in the mail. But the box remains empty and I am wondering if those of you that got this special had already booked a future NCL cruise or if this was only for new bookings? Help!

As a purchased in Platinum member I was excited to read your posts and looked forward to getting something in the mail. But the box remains empty and I am wondering if those of you that got this special had already booked a future NCL cruise or if this was only for new bookings? Help!

That is an interesting thought. Because "real" and "purchased" Platinum members have received the "package. I personally have 2 NCL cruises booked for the future. How about the rest of you?

PE

That is , is there any difference between the perks I might get between being in an AB Suite and being Platinum in an AB Suite?

There will be absolutely no added benefits for you Platinum status. Platinum, in a non-suite cabin, can be compared to being in a suite without the butler.

PE

According to the paperwork on the purchased Platinum, we are supposed to get "priority status on stateroom requests & upgrades." No one has been able to explain that or expedite it yet. It was one of the perks for paying $3000. for future cruises. It is also amoung the other things that we were unable to take advantage of, expecially since the program vanished.

According to the paperwork on the purchased Platinum, we are supposed to get "priority status on stateroom requests & upgrades." No one has been able to explain that or expedite it yet. It was one of the perks for paying $3000. for future cruises. It is also amoung the other things that we were unable to take advantage of, expecially since the program vanished.

It also said you only get the status on the cruises you used the balance for. Want to trade for a definition of "priority status on stateroom requests & upgrades." :D

Sounds to me as though if you already booked a cruise this promotion was not sent to you whether you purchased or earned into Platinum level. Anyone know differently?

As a bought in member I enjoyed all the perks on my next cruise that I used the balance for and was told by my TA that I retain that status on my upcoming one. I will re-check the paperwork I got at the time to see if there could be a problem. We entered into a contract with NCL for this membership and they need to honor it.

Sounds to me as though if you already booked a cruise this promotion was not sent to you whether you purchased or earned into Platinum level. Anyone know differently?

As a bought in member I enjoyed all the perks on my next cruise that I used the balance for and was told by my TA that I retain that status on my upcoming one. I will re-check the paperwork I got at the time to see if there could be a problem. We entered into a contract with NCL for this membership and they need to honor it.

:rolleyes: honor it - they have more then done that. If they honor it you would not get the perks again until after your 14th cruise. All you bought into was the status on a temporary basis. They have it seems been unable to divide the those that were entitled for the next cruise and those that earned it. Everyone has been at least for now made platinum going forward,

:rolleyes: honor it - they have more then done that. If they honor it you would not get the perks again until after your 14th cruise. All you bought into was the status on a temporary basis. They have it seems been unable to divide the those that were entitled for the next cruise and those that earned it. Everyone has been at least for now made platinum going forward,

As usual Shoreguy is correct! You are only given the status you bought into for your next cruise - where you applied your deposit to. You lose your status and go back to what Latitudes status you are after that cruise. That would not be fair to all the Latitude members who have earned it by sailing 14 times.

Archived