Guarantee or assigned cabin on Voyager???

hybrn8

Have three cabins booked in Category F, guarantee. Having read some of the comments about the vibrations at the rear of this ship, I am starting to wonder if we should just go ahead and book mid-ship cabins and be done with it. We have always, no matter which line, had great luck with guarantees (thanks, I am sure in no small part to our wonderful agent). But I don't want to spend over 5 grand to be miserable and uncomfortable. Any advice/recommendations greatly appreciated.

I assume that you read the thread just below yours? If you did, I am not sure what kind of further comments/assurances anybody can give you. I would advise that you do yourself a favor and book specific cabin numbers, midship or forward. I have been in an Aft cabin on Voyager and it was very unpleasant.

Yes, on our Voyager cruise, we booked a category H guarantee. We had never been on this ship before, and the TA we were using at the time had no feed back on it (it was fairly new then). Well, our docs came in with an upgrade all the way to a category C. This is the Horizon suite right on the stern. I looked up this room on the RSSC web site and found that it is beautiful with a very large balcony. My wife and I actually went out for a "pre-cruise celebration" over this upgrade. I figured RSSC must be rewarding me for being such a loyal and frequent cruiser of theirs.

But then we embarked and got underway, and (as I have detailed in other threads here) we found that the suite "rode" like a mechanical bull at a cowboy bar. We will always book a specific suite on the Voyager from now on.

Archived