Westerdam for a 14 year old

I'm thinking of a Thanksgiving cruise on the Westerdam. I've been on the Zuiderdam, and my daughter was 10 at the time, and while she didn't use Club HAL that much, she met several friends who kind of did their own thing on that cruise. Now she's a teenager, and I think just a bit old for Club HAL. Has anybody sailed the Westerdam with a teenage daughter, and what were your impressions? On our Zuiderdam cruise, we met several people with kids her age on the CC roll call board, but they either lost their popularity or there's something wrong with those boards, as there are NO posts there. And because that worked so well, I wanted to try it again. So question 2 is - is there anybody here who is planning the Thanksgiving sailing on the Westerdam or Zuiderdam...I'd prefer the Westerdam since it doesn't go to St Thomas - nothing against St Thomas, but I've been there a few times already, and would really prefer St Maarten.

I would guess that there will be more kids her age, and more children in general, on a Thanksgiving cruise.

Overall, HAL wouldn't be my first choice for teenagers.

Roz

I would guess that there will be more kids her age, and more children in general, on a Thanksgiving cruise.

Overall, HAL wouldn't be my first choice for teenagers.

Roz

I know...I would lean more toward RC...but the itinerary of the Westerdam is very compelling.

Archived