Disappointed with the Victory

while thanks I kept hearing about this 2 formal nites and I just want to relax I enjoy formal nites but this cruise I don't want to pack for two formal nites. Anyway I hope I enjoy carnival since this is my first cruise with them Thanks for all the replys

Joe

On the Victory.... 5 nights New York to Canada....TWO repeat TWO formal nights, second and fourth nights.

Wasii, sorry, I turned off signatures to speed up loading times and cut down on the countdown clocks.:cool:

while thanks I kept hearing about this 2 formal nites and I just want to relax I enjoy formal nites but this cruise I don't want to pack for two formal nites. Anyway I hope I enjoy carnival since this is my first cruise with them Thanks for all the replys

Joe

Everything I've read says the second formal night isn't that formal - lots of button-down shirts. Don't fuss too much. We'll probably dress up (we don't get too many chances to do so), but that's just us. We don't care what anyone else wears to dinner (unless it's swim trunks and a tank top with flip flops:eek: ).

Gosh you guys are starting to worry me...... Anyway some of the blogs say there are two formal nights are you kidding me.:eek: Does anyone know for sure. I never heard of that on a five nites. if anyone knows for sure I would really like to know. thanks

Joe

Just off the Victory June 30 sailing. Definitely 2 formal nights.

1st formal night I wore a grey suit which was consistent with the majority of the other men. There were a few tuxes and dress shirts as well.

On the second formal night an Ivory, very summery sports coat with grey pants & tie, and I'd say I was overdressed compared to the majority of the other male passengers.

If this is your first Victory cruise - beware the seahorses!

Have been on Victory twice, going on her again on Monday and have been on MANY Carnival ships (see my signature) I have NEVER had a problem, and boarding a CCL ship is like "going home" to us. If something is not exactly to your liking, just imagine yourself 2 days post cruise sitting at your desk at work or in your basement doing the dirty laundry or sorting thru all the mail that accumulated and you'll appreciate you are where you are! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Having not sailed with the OP and not had his experience I will defer to his perception of what is dirty. HOWEVER. NCL i understand has one of the worst CDC scores and has the most outbreaks of viruses on their ships . As far as antibacterials , it is a misnomer to think they stop the spread of any viruses and in fact give a very false sense of "cleanliness" since they will not and do not work against any infectious virus or diarrhea. I work in pediatric bone marrow transplant and we post signs on all antibacterials that they are not effective against infectious bacterias such as novo , cdiff and shigella. Wash your hands ....can't be said enough:)) thanks

Having not sailed with the OP and not had his experience I will defer to his perception of what is dirty. HOWEVER. NCL i understand has one of the worst CDC scores and has the most outbreaks of viruses on their ships . As far as antibacterials , it is a misnomer to think they stop the spread of any viruses and in fact give a very false sense of "cleanliness" since they will not and do not work against any infectious virus or diarrhea. I work in pediatric bone marrow transplant and we post signs on all antibacterials that they are not effective against infectious bacterias such as novo , cdiff and shigella. Wash your hands ....can't be said enough:)) thanks

I agree: Washing hands is best. I've never argued with that.

Dirty? When you cannot use the bathroom cabinets because they are filthy. Another poster had the same issue--his wife brought wipes and cleaned it out for them.

Look, if you don't like the fact that I was critical of the Carnival Victory, that's simply too bad. It was my opinion based on my experience and my 27th cruise. Take from it what you will. That's all a review is meant to be.

I truly don't care if you sail on the Victory 100 times. If I am the only voice raising these issues, Carnival won't care. I wouldn't if I were them.

But if many people say "Yeah, you know what? NPP is right", then it becomes an issue for Carnival (or NCL or RCCL, etc) that they need to evaluate and address. Cruise ships are a consumer product. If enough consumers reduce their willingness to use a particular product the company needs to evaluate that.

And, believe me, they READ CC!

Hi Nybumkin, thanks I had no idea what everyone was talking about. You have only been on ccl. So I guress it is safe to say you are happy with thier service. Since this is my first cruise on ccl I am a little bite uneasy.

thanks cruisemom2, we have been on several cruises too.(only RCCL & hol) We enjoyed them all. I don't expect anything different. but some of these reviews had me a little worried than again all of them have some people you can't please. thanks again Joe

Look, if you don't like the fact that I was critical of the Carnival Victory, that's simply too bad. It was my opinion based on my experience and my 27th cruise. Take from it what you will. That's all a review is meant to be.

Good point. The purpose of a review is to hear what you thought about the trip, not to run a cheerleading site for the cruise lines.

Now, The Spirit of NJ or the Spirt of NY - if you want to complain about a cruise, I suggest you go there! :D

I truly don't care if you sail on the Victory 100 times. If I am the only voice raising these issues, Carnival won't care. I wouldn't if I were them.

If you sail on the Victory 100 times, I want to know. You probably need to talk to your therapist about it too.

Hi Nybumkin, thanks I had no idea what everyone was talking about. You have only been on ccl. So I guress it is safe to say you are happy with thier service. Since this is my first cruise on ccl I am a little bite uneasy.

I have been happy with Carnival; we cruise with our three sons, and we've found that there's something for each of us. The younger two love Camp Carnival, the oldest loves Club O2, and DH and I pick and choose the activities we want to do. If there's a trivia contest, you'll probably find us there - but we don't go out of our way to find the hairy chest contest. We like tea time on sea days and jazz in the cigar lounge after dinner (I don't smoke, but DH likes a cigar now and then). And in the morning after trivia, you'll find us on the Promenade deck, enjoying a specialty coffee and playing gin rummy.

Perfect cruises? Hardly - I think I can come up with a list of things that didn't exactly thrill me on any of our cruises, some of them Carnival-related, some of them passenger-related. Buffet lines (not always bad, though), seat savers/chair hogs, sloppy passengers (on Conquest there were people that had the nasty habit of abandoning their used glasses on the stairs, right where someone could step on them:eek: ), embarkation lines, the very unmotivated Camp Carnival staff on Victory last year. However, they weren't constants on our Carnival cruises, and there was nothing that would cause me to say "never again."

Would I try another line? Sure, if we find the right itinerary and price. I'm not interested in freestyle dining, so NCL probably wouldn't be a great fit for us, and so far RCI's pricing seems too high compared to Carnival. HAL and Celebrity don't appear to be a good fit for kids (although a friend who cruises HAL tells me her kids have a great time). If we try another line, it would probably be RCI - at least, until the kids are on their own.:)

I'd recommend taking a look at the Capers for each day and note activities you think you'd like to try. There's a tear-off section with the daily schedule you can carry with you - some folks bring along a highlighter and mark the activities they're planning. See you onboard!

The seahorses hold up the railings along the stairs. A fair number of folks manage to hit their legs on them.

That's what I thought when I first read about them. Nope. they attack! :eek: That's my story, I'm stickin' to it!.

A successful cruise! I wouldn't want to have YOUR bar bill!

Just came home from my 4 day cruise on The Victory.........and I am happy to announce that no one in my group (15 of us) was attacked by the seahorses..........I did pet them and tried to speak nicely to them

A successful cruise! I wouldn't want to have YOUR bar bill!

Yes, you would! < $ 100 for the two of us and I was buying for my sister and BIL.:cool:

As I said earlier, I let my guard down, and got bit!:eek:

Just came home from my 4 day cruise on The Victory.........and I am happy to announce that no one in my group (15 of us) was attacked by the seahorses..........I did pet them and tried to speak nicely to them

I returned unscathed. DD on the other hand got attacked twice on the side of her heel. I'm contacting the lawyers as I type. What's the bad fish's name on Little Mermaid? :confused:

I returned unscathed. DD on the other hand got attacked twice on the side of her heel. I'm contacting the lawyers as I type. What's the bad fish's name on Little Mermaid? :confused:

Ursula

Welcome home Pete.

Archived