Excursions in Alaska

colmil

i recently posted asking about whether it is best to use Holland America or use a local company, it was suggested that I look on other message boards, but could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

i recently posted asking about whether it is best to use Holland America or use a local company, it was suggested that I look on other message boards, but could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Howdy; here's a link to the Alaska board here on Cruise Critic. Lots of good info there. Which ports will you be visiting?

Karin

I highly suggest HAL excursions if you plan on a lengthy trip unless it is the Skagway scenic railroad which HAL charges $11 per person more than booking direct which is located right off the pier.

The passenger ferry between Skagway and Haines broke down this past Tuesday and had we not booked our excursion through HAL about 60 of us would have been left behind. The ship waited for us to get back, about 1 hour after our scheduled departure. Be especially careful if you are taking any boat tours.

"The passenger ferry between Skagway and Haines broke down this past Tuesday and had we not booked our excursion through HAL about 60 of us would have been left behind. The ship waited for us to get back, about 1 hour after our scheduled departure. Be especially careful if you are taking any boat tours."

That is why we book our tour directly with the cruiseline. Not worth saving a few bucks and miss the boat or stress about getting back in time during the excursion.

Barbara

We did 2 HAL excursions and 1 on our own. Both we great. Although, on our independant excursion we spent $40.00 in taxis to get to the airport for our chartered floatplane.

The nice thing about the HAL excursions was that transportation is included. They loaded us on a bus to go just 2 blocks to the ferry! HAL handles everything, it really helps keep your trip stress free.

Archived