Malaga Land Tour

Question for all you knowledgable cruisers out there: Am starting to look at the land tour options for the November Voyager Grand Crossing as they are soon able to be booked. Has anyone done the 8 hour "Granada & The Alhambra"? It sounds interesting but is it worth the whole day? I don't mind the bus ride as long as what you see is scenic and educational. Also the lunch stop sounds very interesting. Would appreciate any and all comments regarding this tour or any of the other ones offered.

I would definitely recommend the Granada tour. Even though it's a full day, it's worth it. The bus drive up there isn't all that bad and the scenery is great. We did that tour on one cruise and just did a walk around of Malaga on another cruise. If you're going to Cadiz I would also recommend the Seville tour(8 Hrs).

Yes yes yes! We just did this tour on the 6/2 Voyager cruise and loved it. The drive is scenic and the Alhambra is not to be missed. On our tour we had a terrific lunch at a restaurant in a hotel near the Alhambra and there was excellent entertainment while we dined.

If you haven't seen the Alhambra, by all means. We did a private tour, but in retrospect, the ship's tour would probably have been comparable (except for the wonderful company of my companions!)

There are nearer alternatives, like Ronda, but seeing another of the "new wonders of the world" candidates is priceless.

Thank you guys so very much. As usual, you came through with valuable information. We'll be booking our tours this weekend, what fun! Still 4 months to go but can at least start thinking and planning seriously.

Archived