Princess is trying to bump me from E730 on CB to Dolphin deck

losuds63

I'm curious, how the average Joe is suppose to know to mark his reservation "No upgrade"? Shouldn't this be a standard question on an on-line booking form or something? Like...what is your dining preference? Would you except an upgrade? People just don't know you have to do this. I have never, ever been asked that question by any TA. Now I do know it due to these boards. Yet, shouldn't it be the other way around? By that I mean, if you WANT an upgrade, you must ask to note that on your reservation, not just get your cabin switched because you forgot to tell them to leave it alone. Makes no sense to me.:(

Janet

I assume that most people want upgrades, but you are correct. A good TA would know this if they understand the ship and why people select certain cabins. Unfortunately, most people booking cruises are just order takers (not referring to good travel agents). Also, some people actually book online with a computer which is really a big mistake in most cases.

I'm curious, how the average Joe is suppose to know to mark his reservation "No upgrade"? Shouldn't this be a standard question on an on-line booking form or something?

Janet

It is a standard question when you book with Princess. Blame the online forms/agencies for not including this information on their website. Or, better yet, use a real agent.

When I use my agent (a real person who I can call, verses a number where I don't know who answers the phone), she asks me the same thing.

I'm curious, how the average Joe is suppose to know to mark his reservation "No upgrade"? Shouldn't this be a standard question on an on-line booking form or something? Like...what is your dining preference? Would you except an upgrade? People just don't know you have to do this. I have never, ever been asked that question by any TA. Now I do know it due to these boards. Yet, shouldn't it be the other way around? By that I mean, if you WANT an upgrade, you must ask to note that on your reservation, not just get your cabin switched because you forgot to tell them to leave it alone. Makes no sense to me.:(

Janet

Everytime that I've booked with Pricess or a TA I've always been asked about whether or not I want to mark my booking with the No Upgrade.

Even though our booking was marked No Upgrade Princess did call us once to inquire as to whether or not we would make a change and I declined and kept my original cabin.

I guess I've just been lucky since I booked my first Princess cruise directly with Princess and was asked the question so knew about the policy from day one.

Everytime that I've booked with Pricess or a TA I've always been asked about whether or not I want to mark my booking with the No Upgrade.

Even though our booking was marked No Upgrade Princess did call us once to inquire as to whether or not we would make a change and I declined and kept my original cabin.

I guess I've just been lucky since I booked my first Princess cruise directly with Princess and was asked the question so knew about the policy from day one.

So Princess give you a choice to upgrade or not? If you do not specify they can move you before boarding and not telling you if you have already picked a cabin?

Yes, we did, twice on two different ships. But, in defense of this cabin, we ran into a lot of wind which made this great balcony almost unusable for many days of each sailing.

I just look at it that I would rather have a balcony that was protected on both sides that I know I can use unless it's raining. Rather than have one that is protected on only one side that becomes totally unusable when it is windy. IMHO of coarse.

Not sure where the wind comes in on the stern?

I do know they have extended balconies in the bow and yes plenty of wind...:eek:

Not sure where the wind comes in on the stern?

I do know they have extended balconies in the bow and yes plenty of wind...:eek:

There are times that the wind and the ship are heading in the same direction. Therefore, the aft portion of the ship will get windy.

It is a standard question when you book with Princess. Blame the online forms/agencies for not including this information on their website. Or, better yet, use a real agent.

When I use my agent (a real person who I can call, verses a number where I don't know who answers the phone), she asks me the same thing.

I have booked 2 cruises directly with Princess and neither time was I asked at the time of booking whether or not I would like to be upgraded if the opportunity arose. Also, the Princess online booking form doesn't ask, or have a box to check for Upgrades.

It was only through these boards I learned I need to tell the Princess Rep "No Upgrade". Like everything else, it depends on who you are talking to I guess.

Archived