Puerto Vallarta Pirate Ship

Calicruiser101

Has anyone ever used Puerto Vallarta Tours and if so have you ever done the MARIGALANTE PIRATE SHIP? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Never been on it our self, but been near it several times. From what we have seen, it looks like the entire thing is geared towards kids.

My husband, kids and I did this tour. It was a BLAST!!!! I made my husband do the "event" where he had to try and get a frozen shirt on before the others. It was hilarious. The food, drinks and partying was great. One warning, the ship moved a bit, so we felt quesy so I would make sure to take something BEFORE you go on. We never get sick on our cruises, but my daughter and I did, so the crew gave us a pill for sea sickness which helped.

I've done this tour and didn't like it at all. If anyone in your group gets remotely seasick then this isn't the activity for you. If you want an excellent day in P.V. take the Las Caletas tour through Vallarta Adventures.

• 3 weeks later...

My family did this excursion with Princess in October of 2005. It was by far the best ship excursion we have every done. The crew was great and food and drinks were very good. My children has a great time and I think everyone aboard loved it(adults included). I would highly recommend this one.

Alycia

• 2 weeks later...
Is there booze on this excursion? I bet you like to tip a few, don't cha?

Yes, there is an open bar throughout the day on the ship, and beer is served during time on the beach. Drinking aplenty.

The tour is probably the best tour for families in Puerto Vallarta, but it's not just for kids. When we went, the ship was about half families, and half couples. When it was time to go to the beach, some crew members took the kids off to do kids activities like treasure hunts, while adults engaged in kayaking, beach volleyball, swimming and relaxing in the sunshine.

On the boat, the pirates serve drinks all day long, there is a full hot-cooked breakfast and lunch, music, activities, audience-participation games and a pirate show.

the ship was about half families, and half couples. When it was time to go to the beach, some crew members took the kids off to do kids activities like treasure hunts, while adults engaged in kayaking, beach volleyball, swimming and relaxing in the sunshine.

quote]

How young of children get taken away for activities? As young as 3 1/2 and 4 1/2? This is one of the few excursions we haven't done in PV, and we'll be there with our kids and grandkids in Dec. Sounds to me like the perfect time to take this one.

We did the evening cruise on the Marigalante. More geared to adults than the daytime one. We had a BLAST!!! Yes....the boat did roll quite a bit. But we took ginger tablets and did fine. Even my hubby who is prone to motion sickness. If you want to see more about my time on the pirate ship and pictures follow the link in mt signature below to my Pride site. Read my Pride review. I write about the excursion. Then go to the Puerto Vallarta page for pictures. You can also email me if you have questions. mcmoo@sbcglobal.net

Archived