Cruise photos for solos

sealegirl

I am in my late 20's (female) and like the OP, I can completely understand the nervousness of having other people know you are on your own. It is a sad fact of life about the world we live in that a young woman on her own is an easy target, whether walking through a carpark at night or as an obvious tourist. My trick has always been to try and act like I belong, wherever I am! It is also the reason that I tend to prefer taking group tours when visiting somewhere new. I am taking my first solo cruise early next year so I will be booking shore excursions for each of my shore days to ensure that I see the best of the place I'm visiting and to ensure my (relative) personal safety!

I do agree with the respondents who suggested asking other cruisers to take a photo of you if you are concerned about "advertising" your solo-ness by having it done professionally. Another alternative to consider is having your photo taken with others, by the first formal night I'm sure you will have made a few friends, so why not ask if they would like to have their photo taken with you so you can remember your new friends.

In response to some of the more insensitive responses to the OP's original question, I think it is wonderful that you are all so confident in yourselves that you never feel insecure or foolish, bravo! However not everyone in this world is so blessed and it may have taken the OP a lot of courage to ask her question only to get criticised by others who are lucky enough to be blessed with strong self-confidence. Next time try some tact, I noticed that despite your criticisms not one of you posted a sample photo for her, so perhaps you're not quite as secure as you claim to be!!!

Hi, I have 10 albums in my signature:) and I hope I didn't

come across as tactless:(......if so I send my apologies.

To the OP, click on my signature, there is a Flickr site and

webshot site....both have my cruises listed. Check out

the photos if you want:)

saelegirl

if you are concerned about what a solo photo conveys......i guess i shouldnt tell you that princess places a card outside your cabin with your name on it. that being said, my card has just my name on it but i NEVER have trouble with someone knocking on it besides the cabin steward or room service. there is a peephole.

Thanks guardami, and other similar responders. My basis for my op was advice i picked up from the solo board: "Look in the photo gallery for other solo cruisers to try to connect with." I am looking to connect with others, but not just because I'm going solo. I've signed up on my roll call, and it's getting going, but there's still a ways to go.

Sealegirl,

I have been on over 30 cruises and on maybe 5 i have been on with others.

I found that on formal nights dress your best and pose in every camera opourtunity you have. I once had about 7 formal photos done. remember you dont have to buy them but then you get a great variety to choose from. about everyother year i get a formal photo that i give my mom as a gift.

David

Archived