Luggage Question

The laptop will likely not fit in the room safe, unless you have one of those itsy bitsy laptops. We kept ours in the laptop bag, and just kept it on the floor in the closet when we were away.

My husband brought his garment bag and checked it. It's too big to carry on, so it needs to be checked. Are you able to stuff more in the garment bag than just formal wear for example? My husband stuffed all of his socks and underwear in his garment bag, then just brought a 22" carry on plus the laptop bag. I checked one bag, brought a 22" carry on, and a backpack.

Try not overpacking; I know it's easier said than done, but really, the cabins are not huge so you don't want to be stuck with finding storage for all of your luggage once you're on the ship. Wear pants 2-3 times, and just change your top to vary things a bit.

We are packing as I type for a 7/07/07 LOS cruise, Our First!

I know we are allowed two luggage and a carry on per person, but where does the garment bag fall into that?

Also a crazy hubby question..... Does anyone know if a laptop will fit in the room safe?

Thanks,

Kim

I am assuming you mean for the plane? If yes, then you are bound by their restrictions. If you are driving then there really aren't any limitations, actually there are but it is 200lbs per person and I doubt anyone can over pack that badly.

And no a laptop will not fit in the safe.

No we are driving as we live in Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for the help. so as long as we do not exceed 200lbs per person it doesn't matter how many pieces we check! I have really streamlined the packing since reading the posts on the boards. These boards are great!

Thanks again,

Kim

They say 200lbs but when you drive up to the terminal and the porters take your bags, no one is there weighing them. Make sure you keep anything valuable and any medications with you. Do NOT check those items! Have a great time on your cruise!!!

Kim -

Since you are driving to the Port like we do, you really can take as much luggage as you want...that said remember you have to claim it and tote it around. There are laundry and dry cleaning services available on the ship that are really quite reasonable so you really could control the impulse to overpack...but I admit I am a compulsive overpacker!

Kim -

Since you are driving to the Port like we do, you really can take as much luggage as you want...that said remember you have to claim it and tote it around. There are laundry and dry cleaning services available on the ship that are really quite reasonable so you really could control the impulse to overpack...but I admit I am a compulsive overpacker!

In fact, the dry cleaning on board is cheaper for us than at home. I've told DH he should take his dirty stuff and turn it in for cleaning right after we board. :)

OP, I have taken my laptop a couple of times and just left it on the desk in the room. The room steward isn't going to mess with it. I feel confident leaving my electronic stuff out in the cabin - we just lock up the money only because we feel better about it that way. Money isn't easily identified and is so tempting. :eek:

Archived